Wilson Central is now OPEN

Eddie

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent post wildcat. I will also add that Alexander was mighty upset over Perry, newly hired at MJ, receiving PE teaching slots for his son to come and for another asst coach . Alexander asked for equity for his school and was denied.

It isn't only Alexander who has had trouble with the administrator at WC...all of the former HC coaches have as well. The principal is def not a pro-football administrator .To have had 3 different HCs in the short tenure of the school speaks volumes. I wonder how many original assts are still on staff? I know several jumped to Lavergne. There were also promises made to him when he was going to leave and go to Gallatin. Those promises were not kept. Then there was the change of venue for his banquet at the last minute. Plus proceeds from HIS gate were given to the performing arts at the school who I MIGHT add did NOT work the gate or concessions to earn any of it. This has been never-ending........and it is a wonder that they had such a successful program and season. That is def a CREDIT to Alexander, his staff, and his players. I feel bad for the kids and for everyone involved. We lost a HIGHLY-respected coach in our region. I am proud for him that he will be at Cumberland and know he will find success wherever he goes. He is that kind of guy.

AND.........if the princ doesn't get fired this yr......it will NOT be a job that anyone that has the inside track will want to pursue.

Currently there are 2 assistants that were there the first year. Coach Atwood has been there from day one and Coach Dedman came back this year from Lavergne. The gate sharing was with the minor sports which may be needed in some instances but the minor sports are given the opportunity to work the concession stand to earn money. In the past they also received a lot of help from the All Sports Booster Club (until this year). The money is taken even when the sport has a healthy balance and does not need the money. One of the coaches even asked that the money be returned to football because the sport did not need it but the principal would not allow it. In the past even Coach Alexander has helped the minor sports when they needed it. I think it was his first year he help buy track uniforms because one of his football players ran track and said the uniforms were terrible. That is the kind of "team player" Coach Alexander is. He also made sure the soccer field was mowed when the soccer coach wouldn't. We have some great mowing equipment at WC but only a few want to use it. Coach Ford (baseball) and Coach Alexander try to give the players the best fields they can with what they were given to start with (a rock).

As for the stadium improvements, everyone knows that Wilson County does everything the hard way. The stadium was woefully under built and the field was laid out wrong. Dr. Duncan has included the stadium improvements with the new capital improvements and the construction was to begin in December or January; however, the Wilson County Commission delayed the vote at the last meeting until January so construction can not start until at least February. If you know anything about construction projects you know you really don't want to start a major project in February. The improvements include more seating on both home and visitors' side, paving where the rocks are and an addition to the fieldhouse to include a weight room, meeting room, visitors' dressing room and additional concession space. However, central office said we are basically on our own to fix the field that was not built right. The road department might help with grading with a road grader.

The parents are still fighting to get the coaches what they need but it is a battle. Wilson Central does not have a business base to draw financial support from since it is out away from everything but we keep trying.

Edited by WCWildcat#1Fan

When a program is on the rise and on solid ground, there are a lot of positives about hiring from within the staff and maintaining that continuity. I don't know anything about Aric so I can't really comment other than to wish him good luck if he takes the job.

What position does he coach now?

It is my understanding that Coach Aric has been named interim head coach with a good chance at the job permanently. Hopefully that decision will be made quickly. Coach Atwood is supporting Coach Aric for the head coaching position. He is happy coaching the defense (which was and will be one of the best in the region) and coaching baseball.