Mat Girls, Mat Maids etc

MasterBlaster 1

You know what they say about not to ######-u-me. Harry not a coach?? You have never been to a ND tournament have you? I amost nonminated coach Harry as one of my alltime favorites but I had been fortunate to have been taught wrestling by Yogi Anderson ,Steve Hammond and the late Pez Whatley and the infamous Slim Almany from Fairyland. One quick note on Yogi and Steve. Before a huge match with McCallie in 1977 they took us to see the movie Rocky even had the band play the theme song as we came out. 63 -9 seems the boys from the big blue were a tad bit more insipired,although we thumped their butts in the district .

Harry may not get paid to coach but that hasn't stopped him from banging on the side of the mats. Keep up the good work Matmaids and Cheerleaders and Harry

bcb

Coach J in the hood has informed me the date of our meeting is actually thurs the 5th and I thought we had set the time at 2:00 but I guess 4:20 at the fine dining establisment Mervs will be ok. I thought we could send out our invitation to Coach J, raider76, Mtnrasslin,money bags geismar and a couple more.

Bear Cat thanks for the invite. It hurts me to miss such an IMPORTANT meeting but I think we wrestle Ringgold that afternoon. I couldnt miss JOHNSON-GOINS 2 even if Harry-T was buying

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMEN i agree with this guy :huh:

I believe one of my greatest thrills in wrestling was as a freshman when the older and certainly beautiful cheerleaders showed up to our match. They sat matside cheered for us, and when they cheered for us calling us by name we were amazed and motivated. I like cheerleaders!

Bear Cat thanks for the invite. It hurts me to miss such an IMPORTANT meeting but I think we wrestle Ringgold that afternoon. I couldnt miss JOHNSON-GOINS 2 even if Harry-T was buying

Seems as if Harry and I were misinformed on the time of the Ringgold match.

Our meeting will now take place at 3:15. This should give us the proper amount of time to get our game faces on for the Baylor-Ringgold and then the ND-Ooltewah matches.

Harry and I expect a large Baylor fan base to cheer on the Irish after their match(we will have a hospitality car set up for those who attend)

Who didn't like going to Cleveland to wrestle. Do you remember that one cheerleader in the late 70's named Jackie ? Wonder how she turned out ?

You must have not read the fine print on your invite as to who is pickin up the bill.

Seems as if Harry and I were misinformed on the time of the Ringgold match.

Our meeting will now take place at 3:15. This should give us the proper amount of time to get our game faces on for the Baylor-Ringgold and then the ND-Ooltewah matches.

Harry and I expect a large Baylor fan base to cheer on the Irish after their match(we will have a hospitality car set up for those who attend)

Who didn't like going to Cleveland to wrestle. Do you remember that one cheerleader in the late 70's named Jackie ? Wonder how she turned out ?

You must have not read the fine print on your invite as to who is pickin up the bill.

Jackie turned out Quite well. Had the pleasure of her company over dinner New Years Eve. I STILL LIKE OUR CHEERLEADERS TODAY. By the way she has a very lovely daughter Jays age.

Jackie turned out Quite well. Had the pleasure of her company over dinner New Years Eve. I STILL LIKE OUR CHEERLEADERS TODAY. By the way she has a very lovely daughter Jays age.

Raider76 , I think you have Harry and I mix up. I'm your Neighbor and I have all the ins and outs of Mrs Hul.. thanks to young son JB, but I will pass this information on to Jay after the season,cause you might remember that Dames during wrestling season don't mix

I'm not feeling any love Coach Patriot from you for the Irish. If you would fax a copy of your schedule to ND, Harry and I would be glad to help you out, as for the attire that your cheerleaders wear, overalls and bearfoot work for us

Happy New Year Coach, You are a Coach aren't you ??

And yes everyone at ND is a coach and Cheerleader, we are just one big happy family,kinda like the 79 pirates.

GO Irish

Yes, I'm a coach. I have no problem with the ND wrestling program or their coaching staff. I think they do a great job. I quess my "beef" is with tournament directors/refs that allow parents, boosters, etc., to surround the mat on an already packed gym floor. Regarding cheerleaders, again, my "beef" is with tournament directors/refs and TSSAA for not putting some kind of restriction on where they are located next to the mats and basically making them more important than my "managers/mat maids/sisters" and the rest of my team members.

Example#1- 2005 Bradley tourn., my wrestler vs. ND wrestler. Myself, my asst., & a manager, in our corner. ND cheerleaders from my corner to the ND corner. 3 ND coaches in their corner. A ND dad at another corner, and a ND booster/dad in the 4th corner. Before the match starts, the ref. tells me that we can only have 2 coaches in the corner! Although I balked about the mass amount of ND folks around the mat, my manager had to move.

Example #2- 2005 state tourn. Only state qualifers, 2 coaches, volunteers/workers, and cheerleaders in uniform are given passes to attend. Until last year, I was able to bring my whole team, including managers, to the state tournament. Now, if we are going to bring our managers and non-qualifying wrestlers we have to pay admission fees for all of them.

As far as inviting me to ND, I'll insure that the coaches are notified for next year that we would like to be invited to wrestle at your place. Since overalls and no shoes are allowed, what about cow bells?

OK. I have to give my spill regarding cheerleading. I feel cher leading should be donw for games---Football, Basketball, Baseball (liven it up) GAMES. Notice all games and are played with balls. Know the ol saying wrestlers hav 'em.

Not to forget girls what ever they are called have been a big help with wrestling, scoreing claning and such. But the cheering has got to be banned. Move it to the stands with all the other cheering peeps.

Hey wait a min maybe they can change sum stipulations in sports. It might be time to put guys on the side lines of girl volleyball teams and yell for them courtside while they are dressed in tight uniforms.

One more thing, in all the other sports the girls doing the cheering face the game and the crowd. Then why in wrestling do they face the mat the entire time. They can do that from the stands!!

More fire for guys to sit along girl volleyball teams and stare at their unfiroms. well depends on height of players.

One more thing, in all the other sports the girls doing the cheering face the game and the crowd. Then why in wrestling do they face the mat the entire time. They can do that from the stands!!

More fire for guys to sit along girl volleyball teams and stare at their unfiroms. well depends on height of players.

Sounds like PK couldn't get a date with a Mat Girl! :thumb::lol:

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

I believe one of my greatest thrills in wrestling was as a freshman when the older and certainly beautiful cheerleaders showed up to our match. They sat matside cheered for us, and when they cheered for us calling us by name we were amazed and motivated. I like cheerleaders!

Oh, please! Yea, they might know your name to yell during a cheer - big deal. Seriously now, as you are wrestling does the thought go through your head, "Oh goody, they are yelling my name as I wrestle. Wow, I am more inspired to wrestle harder and better because of them." I doubt it. And, as has been noted before, if they are cheerLEADERS, then they should be LEADING the cheer for the crowd and not just matside. It is not my intention to offend anyone who is, was, or has a wrestling cheerleader loved-one - it is just my opinion that they would be more useful in the stands or actually LEADING a cheer instead of pounding on the mat/floor. I am not saying to get rid of them, just put them where they could do more good. Just my opinion.

Oh, please! Yea, they might know your name to yell during a cheer - big deal. Seriously now, as you are wrestling does the thought go through your head, "Oh goody, they are yelling my name as I wrestle. Wow, I am more inspired to wrestle harder and better because of them." I doubt it. And, as has been noted before, if they are cheerLEADERS, then they should be LEADING the cheer for the crowd and not just matside. It is not my intention to offend anyone who is, was, or has a wrestling cheerleader loved-one - it is just my opinion that they would be more useful in the stands or actually LEADING a cheer instead of pounding on the mat/floor. I am not saying to get rid of them, just put them where they could do more good. Just my opinion.

I remember Raider76's cheerleaders,,,,they were all quality.