Region 3 / 5-AA & 6-AA

TynerRamFan

Ricky Richards got win #500 last night. Many thanks to Stephen Hargis of the Times Free Press for coming and Channel 3 for sending someone out to the game. Channel 3 will have an extended feature on the event at in their 5:00 broadcast today. (5 Eastern time).

DL.

...I saw this on Channel 3 at 5p and the article this morning in the Free-Press...good stuff...Congrats to Coach Richards...500 wins is quite an accomplishment and Steve Hargis is one of the better journalist that cover high school sports!!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Anything can happen between now and February 10th(when most of the District games will be over) but this is how 5-AA looks :

1. Brainerd (9-2) plays at Tellico Plains on this Thursday and 1st place will be on the line!!!

2. Tellico Plains (9-2) has the "best shot" for the #1 seed!!!

3. McMinn Central (8-3) has Meigs Co. at home but Brainerd on-the-road and can't afford to overlook the Lady Tigers.

4. Tyner (8-4) if the "Lady Rams" can win the remainder of the games then the #4 seed is a lock!!!

5. Meigs Co. (7-4) impressive win over Brainerd last night but needs help to secure better than the #5 seed.

6. Sweetwater (4-7)

7. Sequoyah (2-9)

8. Polk Co. (2-9)

9. Boyd-B. (1-10)

...#1 & #2 still up for grabs...#3, #4, & #5 still can get switched around...can't ask for a better lead-in to the District tournament :rolleyes:

...I see where the Lady Bears of Tellico(10-2) beat the Lady Panthers(9-3) 63-52 to take sole possession of 1st place in 5-AA...looks like the #2 thru #5 spots are now up for grabs :thumb:

Before throwing stones, you should check your own w/l record. If doing so, you would see that both Meigs and Central have the same 16-6 record. Furthermore, you would also see that ALL of Central's losses were "on the road!"

You are right. All the losses for Central are on the road. But I failed to see where Meigs beat a team like William Blount (AAA 12-9), Daniel Boone (AAA 15-7), or Bearden (AAA 11-10) on the road. The best victory they have on the road is Sweetwater (AA 6-10). Stay tuned for 1-31.

Bledsoe lost at Chattanooga Christian, East Ridge won at Hixson, Howard LOST at Grundy, Sequatchie won at Notre Dame.......

Standings as of 1/25/06......

1. Grundy Co. (9-0)

2. Chattanooga Christian (7-2)

3. Sequatchie Co. (9-3)

4. Howard (8-3)

5. Bledsoe Co. (5-6)

6. East Ridge (3-8)

7. Hixson (2-7)

8. Notre Dame (3-7)

9. Marion Co. (1-10)

I'm almost positive this is how it looks.....

District games tonight: Bledsoe at Hixson, Chattanooga Christian at Howard, Marion at Grundy

You are right. All the losses for Central are on the road. But I failed to see where Meigs beat a team like William Blount (AAA 12-9), Daniel Boone (AAA 15-7), or Bearden (AAA 11-10) on the road. The best victory they have on the road is Sweetwater (AA 6-10). Stay tuned for 1-31.

Whoopie!.............Who cares who you have beaten? The fact remains that your posting was incorrect as is this one. Apparently, you are incapable of checking out what you claim. Loudon has a 15-4 record and was unbeaten prior to playing Meigs. So how do I know that the record that you have posted for WB, DB, and Bearden are accurate?

As for "1-31," reguardless of the outcome, Meigs has beaten Central already this year. Even with Centrals best effort, they can only split with Meigs in regular season. That and .75 will buy you a cup of coffee! :huh: So get over yourself!

THE HECK WITH CENTRAL!!!!

Meigs can definitely not be taken for granted, however, I don't know if you can consider 12-16-05 Central's best effort as one of their top scorers and defensive players(Lambert) did not play because of a wrist injury.

This all makes for a very interesting district tournament in Cleveland.

You are right. It should be a heckuva district tourney. There will be at least one pretty good team on the outside looking in. Seeding will be VERY important. I just hope the Meigs - Central game turns out to be a good game like the last time they met. Went down to the wire.

You are right. It should be a heckuva district tourney. There will be at least one pretty good team on the outside looking in. Seeding will be VERY important.

...Right on point but in reality the 'seeding' makes no difference...because the possibility for every team is: ONE-AND-DONE!!!(until the semi-finals)

...Which reminds me I wonder how the District will be set-up...this is the first year that 5-AA has had nine(9) teams...last year(2005) in 6-AA the 1st and 2nd place teams had byes to the semi-final which meant that they qualified for the Region automatically...in 2004 the 8th & 9th place team had a play-in game and the winner played against the #1 seed which meant all of the teams had a quarter-final game and four teams were eliminated after the 2nd day...If anyone has any info on this please post!!!

Standings as of 1/27/06......

1. Grundy Co. (10-0)

2. Chattanooga Christian (9-2)

3. Sequatchie Co. (9-3)

4. Howard (8-4)

5. Bledsoe Co. (6-6)

6. Notre Dame (3-7)

7. East Ridge (3-8)

8. Hixson (2-8)

9. Marion Co. (1-11)

Updated after Bledsoe Co. defeated Hixson, Chattanooga Christian defeated Howard and Grundy Co. defeated Marion Co. on Friday night.

Adjusted after I figured out I hadn't moved anybody up or down based on the wins.

DL.

Edited by DelTavian