Lake County vs. Humboldt

Spellerone--

It's nice to know that someone actually gets it and understands!! Some people are too busy thinkin that they are better than everyone else(big wes) and smarter than everyone else, you know...the kind of people who are ashamed of where they're from and forget where they came from...the kind of people that make me sick!! He doesnt know who I am but I know exactly who he is!!! I went to school w/ him!! It doesnt really bother me anyway...and you're right it does take a mature person to admit that they have done immature things and, yes, we all do!! And I will keep doin my thing my way...isn't it great that you can express your individuality and SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT?!?!?!?!?! I think so!! And I didnt like the whole "big mosquito" thing. They're not that big they just bite really hard and I'm tellin you it gets annoying we need to find a way to send them to Obion County...oops!! Haha!! And you guys who want to know what "We do it big in the big LC" means.....it means.....we people that actually have lives do everything we can while we can...we live life to the fullest...we don't complain about how small our county is and that there's not much to do...we do what we can with what we have!! "Big Wes" is just mad b/c he didn't have a life in high school there was nothing BIG about it!!

The mosquitoes are BIG and the smoke from the grille at the football games is thick....Come on man,be proud of the big ole things...LCF6, my family is from Lake County and Samburg,still got an uncle and aunt that live in Tiptonville..Lake Co. has some of the nicest folks around..Just as you say you have your individuality,I have mine...I'll keep on doing it my way too,thank you very much.... :thumb:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spellerone--

It's nice to know that someone actually gets it and understands!! Some people are too busy thinkin that they are better than everyone else(big wes) and smarter than everyone else, you know...the kind of people who are ashamed of where they're from and forget where they came from...the kind of people that make me sick!! He doesnt know who I am but I know exactly who he is!!! I went to school w/ him!! It doesnt really bother me anyway...and you're right it does take a mature person to admit that they have done immature things and, yes, we all do!! And I will keep doin my thing my way...isn't it great that you can express your individuality and SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT?!?!?!?!?! I think so!! And I didnt like the whole "big mosquito" thing. They're not that big they just bite really hard and I'm tellin you it gets annoying we need to find a way to send them to Obion County...oops!! Haha!! And you guys who want to know what "We do it big in the big LC" means.....it means.....we people that actually have lives do everything we can while we can...we live life to the fullest...we don't complain about how small our county is and that there's not much to do...we do what we can with what we have!! "Big Wes" is just mad b/c he didn't have a life in high school there was nothing BIG about it!!

It's very simple.

People from everywhere in West Tennessee have a bad impression about Lake County (and yesterday's incident downtown sure as heck didn't help). It bothers me when people from LC get on this board and do nothing but talk smack. It doesn't help anyone, and it definitely does not improve Lake County's image. Why can't we let everyone else do all the smack talking while we post in a mature, rational manner? Doing this will help improve our image that has been tainted by years of continued bad behavior at sporting events.

As for the rest of your post -- I kept myself busy with so many different things in high school that I didn't have time to do all that other crap, and didn't really want to in the first place. And I'm grateful every day for it. The definition of "living life to the fullest" can definitely be interpreted many ways. And I feel like I have. If living life to the fullest for you means parking at Deckers, riding up and down Church St. and going out and getting drunk at the river, then so be it. I can fully enjoy life -- and I have -- without doing any of those things.

The mosquitoes are BIG and the smoke from the grille at the football games is thick....Come on man,be proud of the big ole things...LCF6, my family is from Lake County and Samburg,still got an uncle and aunt that live in Tiptonville..Lake Co. has some of the nicest folks around..Just as you say you have your individuality,I have mine...I'll keep on doing it my way too,thank you very much.... :thumb:

Did I say anything about you or your family?? NO!!

It's very simple.

People from everywhere in West Tennessee have a bad impression about Lake County (and yesterday's incident downtown sure as heck didn't help). It bothers me when people from LC get on this board and do nothing but talk smack. It doesn't help anyone, and it definitely does not improve Lake County's image. Why can't we let everyone else do all the smack talking while we post in a mature, rational manner? Doing this will help improve our image that has been tainted by years of continued bad behavior at sporting events.

As for the rest of your post -- I kept myself busy with so many different things in high school that I didn't have time to do all that other crap, and didn't really want to in the first place. And I'm grateful every day for it. The definition of "living life to the fullest" can definitely be interpreted many ways. And I feel like I have. If living life to the fullest for you means parking at Deckers, riding up and down Church St. and going out and getting drunk at the river, then so be it. I can fully enjoy life -- and I have -- without doing any of those things.

Well, I USED to ride up and down the streets and go to Decker's and all that...but I can honestly say that I have never drank a drop of alcohol in my entire life nor have I tried drugs!! I have my fun by being w/ my friends talking and laughing and reminiscing!! It's quite indulging!! And I also have to say that I'm proud of myself...I may not have been salutatorian like you but I've been in the top ten in my class 3 out of 4 years in high school so I know that I'm intelligent I just have a temper and say stupid things!! And that whole riot that happened yesterday, that wasnt just Lake County! There were people from Hickman, Dyer County, and other places and people shouldn't judge the place we live in by just some of the people!!!! I know there are many people here that do really stupid things, but not all of us do! Lake County is judged as a whole which it shouldn't be!! When I hear slams on the place where I grew up It really ticks me off and I just say whatever comes to mind b/c I actually love it here. I don't judge another person's hometown as a whole but (forgive me) there are people in Obion County and Dyer County and many other places around here that have people just like us and they're not perfect and they know it!! We just get to be picked on the most!!

Well, I USED to ride up and down the streets and go to Decker's and all that...but I can honestly say that I have never drank a drop of alcohol in my entire life nor have I tried drugs!! I have my fun by being w/ my friends talking and laughing and reminiscing!! It's quite indulging!! And I also have to say that I'm proud of myself...I may not have been salutatorian like you but I've been in the top ten in my class 3 out of 4 years in high school so I know that I'm intelligent I just have a temper and say stupid things!! And that whole riot that happened yesterday, that wasnt just Lake County! There were people from Hickman, Dyer County, and other places and people shouldn't judge the place we live in by just some of the people!!!! I know there are many people here that do really stupid things, but not all of us do! Lake County is judged as a whole which it shouldn't be!! When I hear slams on the place where I grew up It really ticks me off and I just say whatever comes to mind b/c I actually love it here. I don't judge another person's hometown as a whole but (forgive me) there are people in Obion County and Dyer County and many other places around here that have people just like us and they're not perfect and they know it!! We just get to be picked on the most!!

AMEN SISTER! ands that's all I have to say about that.

I have a supporter....this is so cool...LOL!!! Anyway, who are you, just askin by the way!!

I am SPELLERONE, one of the oppressed Lake Countians. Through my personal experiences from working in other counties Lake County gets ganged up on more than any other county in West Tennessee. I can't speak for anyone else but me and noone else can speak for me. These are not usually personal attacks just your general wisecracks about Lake County. You know the ones mosquitoes, swamp rats, 21 year old juniors in highschool and our low socio-economic status as evidenced by(drumroll please) NO WALMART IN THE COUNTY. I can hear people fainting now that may not have been aware of this. Oh yea did I mention about the prison inmates getting out on Fridays to play football. But that is only if we have a winning team. If we are not winning then we are just "sorry". I have heard it all. Have any other Lake countians heard any of these. If not consider yourself blessed. But I don't care(sniffling as I type). Must stop now, keyboard all wet....GO FALCONS!!!!

I am SPELLERONE, one of the oppressed Lake Countians. Through my personal experiences from working in other counties Lake County gets ganged up on more than any other county in West Tennessee. I can't speak for anyone else but me and noone else can speak for me. These are not usually personal attacks just your general wisecracks about Lake County. You know the ones mosquitoes, swamp rats, 21 year old juniors in highschool and our low socio-economic status as evidenced by(drumroll please) NO WALMART IN THE COUNTY. I can hear people fainting now that may not have been aware of this. Oh yea did I mention about the prison inmates getting out on Fridays to play football. But that is only if we have a winning team. If we are not winning then we are just "sorry". I have heard it all. Have any other Lake countians heard any of these. If not consider yourself blessed. But I don't care(sniffling as I type). Must stop now, keyboard all wet....GO FALCONS!!!!

I've heard alot of those except the one about the prisoners...lol...that is a good one though but its not the prisoners its the ones locked up in the lake county jail!! People used to say it was like a hotel!! And It's good to know that someone feels the same way i do about Lake County b/c it seemed like I was the only one defending the county on other standards besides basketball!! I mean I can do both...I'm a woman I can multi-task!!! :thumb:

I've heard alot of those except the one about the prisoners...lol...that is a good one though but its not the prisoners its the ones locked up in the lake county jail!! People used to say it was like a hotel!! And It's good to know that someone feels the same way i do about Lake County b/c it seemed like I was the only one defending the county on other standards besides basketball!! I mean I can do both...I'm a woman I can multi-task!!! :thumb:

Lake Co..I've been backing you but you have to admit..We do have big mosquitoe's..And we do get a little rowdy..Nothing wrong with that...