Shaun Alexander wins MVP!

how did he get screwed out of a heisman?

He was taken off the ballot for missing one game due to illness.

I think Ron Dayne won it that year if I am not mistaken. Not saying that Alexander would have won it, but if given the chance he would have certainly gave him a run for his money.

It's funny, though. What has Ron Dayne done since entering the NFL? He had one outstanding game with Denver, but other than that, he has been pretty useless.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was taken off the ballot for missing one game due to illness.

I think Ron Dayne won it that year if I am not mistaken. Not saying that Alexander would have won it, but if given the chance he would have certainly gave him a run for his money.

It's funny, though. What has Ron Dayne done since entering the NFL? He had one outstanding game with Denver, but other than that, he has been pretty useless.

A common thing that you just described. The heisman winner, quite often, is not a great player in the NFL. Dayne is not a wild exception to that. I do not believe Shawn Alexander was screwed out of the heisman, based on what you just said.

But, like many, many, many players who do not win the heisman, he has become a great pro player.

A common thing that you just described. The heisman winner, quite often, is not a great player in the NFL. Dayne is not a wild exception to that. I do not believe Shawn Alexander was screwed out of the heisman, based on what you just said.

But, like many, many, many players who do not win the heisman, he has become a great pro player.

Okay, he was screwed out of a great chance at winning the heisman.

Well, he got screwed out of the heisman while at BAMA, so maybe this will make up for it. Next on the list is a Super Bowl.

Roll Tide!

You think he got shafted. Manning got edged out of the Heisman by a Defensive Back.

The Heisman is all about who ESPN decides to promote. In my opinion the award is a joke.

The whole ceremony and SHOW that they put on this year was totally overblown.

You think he got shafted. Manning got edged out of the Heisman by a Defensive Back.

The Heisman is all about who ESPN decides to promote. In my opinion the award is a joke.

Been saying this for years, but some people just disagree! Several on here do!!

Charles Woodson was pretty good at fielding punts, but I agree.