The Crunkest Fans

kiki_15

C'mon ReitzFan. You and 85Warrior should go start a Senior Citizen thread and post on it. "Crunk" is a slang word that is used in the place of Cranked. That's Cranked, as in, CRANKED UP, LOUD, ROWDY, EXCITED, EXCITING, EXUBERANT, Absolutely IN-YOUR-FACE for 32 Minutes, THE SIXTH MAN or any other adjective that you wish to discribe a fan base that is a difference maker.

"Crunk" can also be used to discribe an individual that is hyped, stoked, excited, focused, ready to kick your a-- and make you like it, has his/her game face on, or any such adjective or description.

Surely you should have been able to read the context clues to figure it out, but assuming that you were unable to decipher the lingo I thought this 30 something has been would clarify for you.

If you can't talk the talk, DON'T say anything at all.

Yeah, those crunked-up fans are the groovy bees knees. Don't worry junior, when you get a little older you will understand why these "old guys" think that crunk sounds stupid. Every generation has their own slang terms and each one thinks the other's sound stupid. In 15-20 years you will be driving down the road listening to Kanye on the oldies station and wondering why you used to use the word crunk when it sounds so stupid. Youth is wasted on the young.

Edited by drknows

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, those crunked-up fans are the groovy bees knees. Don't worry junior, when you get a little older you will understand why these "old guys" think that crunk sounds stupid. Every generation has their own slang terms and each one thinks the other's sound stupid. In 15-20 years you will be driving down the road listening to Kanye on the oldies station and wondering why you used to use the word crunk when it sounds so stupid. Youth is wasted on the young.

Now this is a good post. :ph34r:

Thank you for explaining that you know so much about me, but you really have no idea what you are talking about. Next month I will celebrate my 39th birthday and remember the good ole' days. But unlike many of my crusty old counterparts, I try to keep up with the modern vernacular so that I can communicate with the youth of today. I don't want to be the type of adult that looked at me when I was a teen and shook their head. I turned out to be a good, productive citizen of my community and believe that young people need to have their own identity. "Crunk" is no more or no less stupid than whatever the latest saying was when you were young. At the same time, just because young people today use slang that you don't understand, doesn't mean that they are going to turn out any worse or any better than you or I. I am not ashamed of the slang that we used as kids. I do not feel that it was stupid. It was how we communicated. You sound like one of those guys that grew up to be a stuffed shirt executive type that has a perceived image that you must uphold or else your other stuffed shirt executive friends and associates will think less of you. Go back to your white-collared, yuppy lifestyle and leave the fun stuff to those of us who actually enjoy being young, or in my case, young at heart.

I don't know how many people on here get a chance to see them, but Gordon Lee High School in Chickamauga GA has a great student section to be such a small school.

Van buren fans are without a doubt the best cheering fans

I hope you are right, Moose. We come to town on Saturday and I love a great basketball atmosphere.

Thank you for explaining that you know so much about me, but you really have no idea what you are talking about. Next month I will celebrate my 39th birthday and remember the good ole' days. But unlike many of my crusty old counterparts, I try to keep up with the modern vernacular so that I can communicate with the youth of today. I don't want to be the type of adult that looked at me when I was a teen and shook their head. I turned out to be a good, productive citizen of my community and believe that young people need to have their own identity. "Crunk" is no more or no less stupid than whatever the latest saying was when you were young. At the same time, just because young people today use slang that you don't understand, doesn't mean that they are going to turn out any worse or any better than you or I. I am not ashamed of the slang that we used as kids. I do not feel that it was stupid. It was how we communicated. You sound like one of those guys that grew up to be a stuffed shirt executive type that has a perceived image that you must uphold or else your other stuffed shirt executive friends and associates will think less of you. Go back to your white-collared, yuppy lifestyle and leave the fun stuff to those of us who actually enjoy being young, or in my case, young at heart.

Get off your cross boy, somebody else needs the wood. I teach and coach these same kids that you speak of. I never said anything about how they would end up. If anything, I said that we all went through it when we were young. Some of us went ahead and grew up. What it sounds like to me is you can't let go and realize your time is past. If teaching is a white collar job then I guess that is me. Sounds like you are a little jealous of those white collar guys. Since you were in the class of '85 (assuming that you did graduate), what were the big slang words then? I guess you go around saying "rad" and "tubular" while you are wearing your members only jacket and O.P. shirt. You are about as sad as Young MC busting his move on the Celebrity Fit Club. Dude, you are 39? Let it go.

I don't know how many people on here get a chance to see them, but Gordon Lee High School in Chickamauga GA has a great student section to be such a small school.

I hope you are right, Moose. We come to town on Saturday and I love a great basketball atmosphere.

are you with marion cuz thats who we play sat. night