Bolivar vs. Haywood

bchs

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few observations about this game.

Just like last year, it was a sell out. Also, just like last year, the administration at Haywood over sold the gym. People were just standing in the lobby and the back hall ways of the Haywood gym. People were standing right on the base line at one end of the court. The administration at Haywood County allowed fans to sit in the isles of the bleachers. Security had to constantly move fans away from the Bolivar cheerleaders as they were just completely surrounded worse than the soldiers at Custer's Last Stand. People were walking onto the court while the game was going on. The court also had popcorn and paper all over it as well. There were at least 500-750 more people there than there were seats available. Can you say major fire code violations? Where in the heck was the Fire Marshall? And all of this happened while the girls game was going on. Haywood County sure raked in the $$$ tonight.

By the way, the game was pretty good, even with all of the missed free throws and botched plays towards the end of the game by both teams. It was absolute bedlam after the game.

A few observations about this game.

Just like last year, it was a sell out. Also, just like last year, the administration at Haywood over sold the gym. People were just standing in the lobby and the back hall ways of the Haywood gym. People were standing right on the base line at one end of the court. The administration at Haywood County allowed fans to sit in the isles of the bleachers. Security had to constantly move fans away from the Bolivar cheerleaders as they were just completely surrounded worse than the soldiers at Custer's Last Stand. People were walking onto the court while the game was going on. The court also had popcorn and paper all over it as well. There were at least 500-750 more people there than there were seats available. Can you say major fire code violations? Where in the heck was the Fire Marshall? And all of this happened while the girls game was going on. Haywood County sure raked in the $$$ tonight.

By the way, the game was pretty good, even with all of the missed free throws and botched plays towards the end of the game by both teams. It was absolute bedlam after the game.

Don't start with over selling seats. Bolivar always over sells seats and then they charge more than anyone in the state. Let's talk about the game rather than fire code violations.

If Bolivar wins ReitzFan has no complaint.

Sorry Dr. Justice, you are barking up the wrong tree. Anyone who has seen me post on this board in the past will know that I am definately no fan of Bolivar even though I respect Coach Rudisell and the job he has done.

As far as Bolivar over selling seats, I don't know about that as I have not been to a game there when that might have been a problem. However, I am sure I will get the opportunity to see for myself at the Liberty/Bolivar game on the 20th.

Why does no one have anything to say when Bolivar loses. They played Lexington and beat them and the thread went on and on for seven pages. They lose and there are only seven total posts. Bolivar has lost to two 14 AA teams this year in Fayette Ware and Haywood. What does that tell you about our district? Also we have to go through tough Memphis teams such as Mitchell last year. We have gone through Raleigh Egypt in the past and had to play Ridgeway also. These have been some of the top teams in the state year in and year out. Who does Bolivar play to get to the state? Certainly not teams of this caliber. People act like Bolivar is invincible. The got the benefit of some terrible calls and still lost. One of the referees that called everything in Bolivar's favor had the nerve to point Willie Kemp out to some people in the crowd and nod his head like this is the one Im talking about. Then he and Kemp gave each other high fives and laughed together. That type of favoritism is ridiculous. WAY TO GO HAYWOOD!!! We get no respect on this board but we keep on winning anyway.

Why does no one have anything to say when Bolivar loses. They played Lexington and beat them and the thread went on and on for seven pages.

The reason the thread went on for seven pages was mainly because of certain Lexington people, not all, who enjoy running their mouths even when they lose.

They lose and there are only seven total posts. Bolivar has lost to two 14 AA teams this year in Fayette Ware and Haywood. What does that tell you about our district?

Liberty beat Haywood at Haywood and has beaten Fayette Ware twice so far this season. So what is your point about your district again?

Also we have to go through tough Memphis teams such as Mitchell last year. We have gone through Raleigh Egypt in the past and had to play Ridgeway also. These have been some of the top teams in the state year in and year out. Who does Bolivar play to get to the state? Certainly not teams of this caliber.

Well, Bolivar is the two time defending AA state champion. That does mean they are the best. Every team had the opportunity to beat them and knowbody got the job done.

People act like Bolivar is invincible. The got the benefit of some terrible calls and still lost. One of the referees that called everything in Bolivar's favor had the nerve to point Willie Kemp out to some people in the crowd and nod his head like this is the one Im talking about. Then he and Kemp gave each other high fives and laughed together. That type of favoritism is ridiculous. WAY TO GO HAYWOOD!!!

What was also rediculous were the things that I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread about Haywood over-selling the game and their lack of crowd control. Also, I have seen a member of the coaching staff at Haywood reffing high school games involving teams that Haywood plays this year. Now, that individual is a good guy and is above board in my opinion. However, some people might think it looks awfully strange.

We get no respect on this board but we keep on winning anyway.

Who cares about getting respect on this board? Stay under the radar and just keep winning. Congratulations to Haywood on their big win last night!

Its not really about respect on this board. Its just that the team is 13-2 with losses to Liberty and Bolivar and rarely get a mention on this board. Bolivar beats SouthSide by 20 the other night and it is in the Jackson Sun and on jacksonsun.com. Haywood beats Bolivar in a close game with a packed house and gets no coverage in the paper either. Thanks for the congrats though.

What was also rediculous were the things that I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread about Haywood over-selling the game and their lack of crowd control. Also, I have seen a member of the coaching staff at Haywood reffing high school games involving teams that Haywood plays this year. Now, that individual is a good guy and is above board in my opinion. However, some people might think it looks awfully strange.

]THIS WAS NOT PART OF MY POST AND I DONT KNOW HOW IT IS PASTED IN MY POST!!!