Grace v. Temple

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Temple walks away with an outstanding win. I don't think Grace has anyone that can guard Skogen or Newsome. What about that?

i guess you are right timmy. since grace hasn't lost anyone since the last time we played temple then i am assuming that we didn't have anyone to stop them in that game either. but you know what? we still won! go figure! bottom line: Seth will get his points but it takes a TEAM to win a ballgame. for example didn't Kobe have 62 around christmas time but still wound up with an "L" at the end of the night. so all those points mean nothing if they, combined with the rest of the TEAM's points, don't add up to more than that of the Eagles. and my guess is it wont.

Peace timmy. You get owned.

Edited by insane mexican

I would think Temple would have had to offer a pretty good package to switch the game. (although Grace probably didn't have much choose)

No charge for facility and Grace keeps 100% of gate after officials.

Concessions? Who really cares.

Grace will play the region championship there. If they win, they will probably play their substate game there so they better get used to it.

I think the Grace girls played their substate game there back when they had a good team.

It will be a fun atmosphere. Hope everyone behaves.

How about McKenzie arena for Grace-Temple III? Don't think Temple will give up the home court. Brainerd-Howard used to play at McKenzie. I think Grace-Temple would draw more if it were marketed correctly. Maybe Burke could set it up at Finley.

Edited by mtnman

someone posted that grace was 20 points better the arts and crafts not temple was what i was refering to.

up until this year did grace place "soft" compared to temple in their meetings. i tiook this way from the 5 or 6 times i have watched them play. curious if anyone else felt that way. i also thought unaka beat grace back in the finals a few years ago because the "toughness" side of the game went to unaka. i remeber very vidily watching van horn and a kid fom unaka getting tied up with a loose ball and the kid from unaka got a little physical with van horn and he did seem to answer this very well. should he punch the guy, no, a little backbone shown yes. i have not seen them play a close game this year and i am anxious to see how they play tonight. they will be solid next year the program is stout all the way down to the 6th grade teams.

I think Grace wins this game by 7. I've only seen Grace play once this year (Christian Heritage game), but they really impressed me. I don't know if they just were playing abnormally well or if they always play like that. It's hard for me to remember many jump shots they missed. I think Temple will have a tough time matching up, but that's just my opinion.

I actually went and checked this game out and it was def. worth my time and money. My gf thought the same. The game seemed pretty even the whole way. Biggest lead was maybe 6 points at the max, maybe 7 correct me if im wrong. Grace has got some good shooters. That Van Horn kid got hot. That tall dude in the middle needs to get tough. I dont think he had any points other than free throws. I would pay to be that tall. B) . That last second 3 by Grace was luck but as soon as he threw it up i knew it was goin in. Skogen to me was the best player on the floor. Great game to both teams.

Edited by reaction