Riverdale's injuries

sportsfanatic

From what I read, Riverdale is battling through injuries right now. What is the extent of the injuries and how long will Lanning, Burgess and Steen be out?

I know nothing about the injuries except what I have read in the Tennessean. If the tennessean is correct, Lanning and Burgess have stress fractures in their foot and Steen is nursing a torn ACL. The last game at Blackman they may not have played because they were not in the box score. lauren hudgens had an ACL last summer and while may not have 100% recovery, recovered enough to get 13 points in the win.

TD, at Oakland had a knee injury 5 weeks ago but Steen's may be more severe. TD has not had surgery yet and is limping. If steen has had surgery, a professional may have given her a date of rehab but it very likely may take some time.

One thing might be evident. Injuries like these have to be given attention by professionals(/see Injuries-Ladies thread and Opinion-Anklebraces thread) In these threads some idea of period of recovery may be discussed by some professionals. The high school community is very sorry about the injuries to these three fine players. This time of the year, there seems to be quite a bit of injuries happening. There is a discussion as to why some of this may be happening on these threads while not conclusive.

As at Oakland, this can take a lot out of a team and a lot out of a fine coaching staff. It is the reason that coaches have to build teams instead of individual players. Riverdale has done that and while this will be tough for some games, they will do all right. Good luck Riverdale team and coaching staff.

Lanning has a stress fracture on the foot she had surgery on this past spring which was re-injured while playing in Florida over the holidays, Burgess has a stress fracture from an injury playing in Florida, and Steen has a torn ACL which is my understanding will be braced after 3 weeks of therapy so she can finish her senior year and she will have surgery post season.

A note of interest since we have discussed injury prevention on this board...Burgess doctor told her the worst thing a player can do is run on the soft sand of the beach and then on the hardwood...the ball of the foot does not adjust quickly enough....

Rehab and get well soon girls....we need you on the court!

Lanning has a stress fracture on the foot she had surgery on this past spring which was re-injured while playing in Florida over the holidays, Burgess has a stress fracture from an injury playing in Florida, and Steen has a torn ACL which is my understanding will be braced after 3 weeks of therapy so she can finish her senior year and she will have surgery post season.

A note of interest since we have discussed injury prevention on this board...Burgess doctor told her the worst thing a player can do is run on the soft sand of the beach and then on the hardwood...the ball of the foot does not adjust quickly enough....

Rehab and get well soon girls....we need you on the court!

Basketball mom25, look at Give me Your Opinion thread and look at the last past by Polesit who might be a professional that might deal with some of this and read his post and ask questions, if you have any on that thread. There is some good info on that thread along with athletic injuries-Ladies. The final authority is a professional that you have confidence in but there are many kinds of professionals as you may see. There are a number of professionals that post on these two threads and they cite articles as back up and if there is something that does not have a backup, they have been able to come up with an article. BUT remember who the final authority is. Sorry for all of the injury problems, especially at one time. Number 25 must be a very good player.

I am NOT a parent i am just a fan and she is pretty good

I'm very biased when it comes to Lauran. She's a great young lady and an excellent ball player.

I'm also biased with my other Riverdale favorite, Anne Marie. I hope she and the other girls recover soon and come back strong.

There is probably no doubt that you are the #! Riverdale Fan but I am sure other #1 Riverdale Fans will disagree with that. See you a little later in the year.

I can't claim to be the #1 Riverdale Fan. I've only seen one game this year, but I am a fan of Lauran and Anne Marie. I can't leave out Coach Wendy either.

ALL THREE OF THOSE LADIES ARE FINE LADIES BUT...WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT FROM A RIVERDALE WARRIOR

AND I AM THE NUMBER RIVERDALE FAN LOL

Get well soon Anne Marie

Edited by riverdaleman