Powell's Larry Stephens Resigns as Head Coach

PowellFan

My sources today told me the final 3 candidates were Ironside, Lowe, and Lambert. They also said that alot in the community of Powell did not think Lowe was ready to be a HC. They said the rumor was that Stephens had applied for another teaching position within Knox Co. and if he got it that would open up a spot for a coach from outside to come in and take that teaching spot. From what they have said Ironside will only take it if he can teach at the school. And "supposedly" he is the favorite with Lowe running a distant second and ready to give the job to Lowe only if it doesn't work out with Ironside. Now remember I said this is what I was told by someone from the Powell community. I never said it was right, wrong, or indifferent. Just reporting what I have been told period.

Your source is wrong. Ironsides never inquried nor applied for the position, according to somebody who would know.

Edited by HTV

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTV, I thought thats what you had said before about Ironside but couldn't remember. Like I said that is just what I was told. I just didn't want to go back and read everything on here again since I did that a few days ago in response to someone accusing me of something that I did not do. I knew if you responded to what I heard that I would find out if it was true or not HTV. Now I know for sure that that source is not in the know like he thinks he is. Thanks.

HTV, I thought thats what you had said before about Ironside but couldn't remember. Like I said that is just what I was told. I just didn't want to go back and read everything on here again since I did that a few days ago in response to someone accusing me of something that I did not do. I knew if you responded to what I heard that I would find out if it was true or not HTV. Now I know for sure that that source is not in the know like he thinks he is. Thanks.

I said I WAS SORRY. Come on. I'll be more careful next time.

kelly

I said I WAS SORRY. Come on. I'll be more careful next time.

kelly

No problem Kelly. I must of missed when you said that. I have just been skimming through things the last couple of days as I have been very been busy and I apologize for missing it.

Edited by reddevilfever

Kelly,

What is up? Haven't talked to you in a while. What is all the talk about the pony tail? Last time I saw you, you had a haircut like mine. :o

I know .LOL. I'd enjoy a ponytail. I know "Joel" would just love it too !!! little Moron was just showing everyone in Knoxville just how much he was in touch with things. Everyplace I've been people have been laughing at him . We should get to hear about the new Powell coach by at least Thursday so I'm standing by watching.

I know nothing about the situation, but I think that a young guy like Matt would do a good job. And knowing that he is a Powell guy, I am sure that he would do what he thought was best for the program.

You do know who I am don't you?

I know nothing about the situation, but I think that a young guy like Matt would do a good job. And knowing that he is a Powell guy, I am sure that he would do what he thought was best for the program.

You do know who I am don't you?

I think I do . GIVE ME A CLUE TO MAKE SURE

OK, after checking deeper would the last candidate be from West Tennessee? I heard that a Coach Hardegree from JCM applied. He has plenty of head coaching experience. Plus his son is a QB for UT.

HTV, tell me if I am right on this name? A no comment would give me reason to believe I hit the nail on the head.

Just had a son almost two years ago. Shortly afterwards I moved away. You and I used to coach together at Central. Of course I could just tell you my name, but....this is Coach T the realm of anonymity

AAAAAHHHHHHHH, I thought that was you. Heard any true stories on Jimmy Ogle recently ? Daryl said he still heard from ya from time to time. I left you a message before your big Maryville game last year. Hope Beth's doing well. I had'nt been on here in about a year then I got back on to see how things were going at Powell. Guess you know I'm pulling for Matt hard. I heard they were down to three and all of them are pretty good. G.Q. withdrew his name from Valdosta so it looks like there's no relief in sight for us over in Blount county. Are you coming back to Knoxville ? I'm thinking of a different shade of red "beep-beep" can you believe it . LOL.

OK, after checking deeper would the last candidate be from West Tennessee? I heard that a Coach Hardegree from JCM applied. He has plenty of head coaching experience. Plus his son is a QB for UT.

HTV, tell me if I am right on this name? A no comment would give me reason to believe I hit the nail on the head.

We have three good candidates if he's the third.