GREENEVILLE VS MO WEST

jc1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be the best IMAC game this season. I don't believe West has the size to stop Dickson. Greeneville on top in a close one.

I expect a packed house friday! West has some good size also with Phipps, Thayer, and Mayes. Thayer can hit the three. Mayes and Phipps have good range on their shots. The key will be the guard play. No one faster than Lemarr in the Imac. Dickson will score her points, but Anderson, Collins, and Forney must play well. Depth advantage goes to West, They have consistantly played 11-12 players all year. That wears on teams.

Good luck to both teams!

I think the one-two of LeMarr and Phipps was too much for Forney and Dickson.

Both teams have three-point gunners so that canceled out the Lauren Anderson/kelsey cross, etc match-up.

Forney and LeMarr have similiar speed; but, LeMarr can put up a lot more points than Forney.

I'd bet coaching had a lot to do with this West win, as well.

Appeared to me that the spread offense that Morristown West runs gave Greeneville some problems. Greeneville was flat all night and it appeared that no one wanted to try to score other than Dickson. Greeneville did not appear ready to play and hopefully they will play a little better next meeting. The Morristown West girls were pretty impressive and played with a lot of intensity and hustle. Just my take on the game.

Well, it wasn't close...West wins by 10, dominated the 4th qtr.

Greeneville seemed to be in a hurry all night. West looked more poised than I thought they would.

Well I would say that West did look a whole lot more poised than greeneville. Greeneville did look like they were out of sink. I don't believe that the play of greeneville had to do with any of the coaching. If you look at West you so a more athletic bunch of girls. That was probably the biggest deciding factor in the game. If greeneville shows up at home it will be a different game. Greeneville needs Anderson to step up if the plan on doing anything in the state!

For those who watched the game we know that West did not dominate the whole game. If you take away the second quarter where West outscored Greeneville 14 to 7 you have a 3 point ball game. West did not beat Greeneville in this ball game. Greeneville beat themselves by not playing their type of basketball. Greeneville committed too many turnovers and did not have enough intensity on defense to win the ball game. All credit is due to the West basketball team and the fans that showed up and supported them. Greeneville needs that type of support for their team.

Okie....your right, but my comments before reflect my impression of the game. I never felt that Greeneville was making a run to get back in it. Every time they would score a basket or two, and seem on the verge, MW would hit a 3, or Greeneville would turn it over. I just though MW handled the game, crowd, and the stakes much better than Greeneville did. There were several seemingly unforced turnovers by Greeneville...very unusual for them.

We got into a very heated coaching discussion last year about the IMAC coaches, and I am not ready to start that back up again. I don't know the complete coaching background (experience) of the new coach at Greeneville, so I am not ready to attempt to analyize her abilities.

Okie, you related to her?

well both teams are very good and they will see one another several more times.

well played game by west. phipps really looked good for them. greeneville's dixon is a special player. the difference seemed to be how west handled greeneville's pressure d. hats off to both teams for their effort.

Okie....your right, but my comments before reflect my impression of the game. I never felt that Greeneville was making a run to get back in it. Every time they would score a basket or two, and seem on the verge, MW would hit a 3, or Greeneville would turn it over. I just though MW handled the game, crowd, and the stakes much better than Greeneville did. There were several seemingly unforced turnovers by Greeneville...very unusual for them.

We got into a very heated coaching discussion last year about the IMAC coaches, and I am not ready to start that back up again. I don't know the complete coaching background (experience) of the new coach at Greeneville, so I am not ready to attempt to analyize her abilities.

Okie, you related to her?

Not exactly sure (the Greenevile Sun charges for online archives), but I think I recall that Stacia was an asst at a small college in Oklahoma before arriving in Greeneville.

She may have also been a prep girls asst somewhere. Again not exactly sure of her correct jobs; but this is her first head coaching job (which was a huge shocker to me at the time; of course Lynn was never a head coach in HS, but he was a lifetime assistant to Jill @ Oak Ridge, and a head man on the AAU circuit).

I think her husband was the tie back to the area, he's originally from the Tri-Cities area I think.