What player does it all

raynoc

Rachel Glidden from Richland, hard to believe she's just a sophmore.

The last couple games she has really stepped up big. Not just scoring but all the way around. She needs to take over games earlier. She has some very inexperienced players around her. With more experience around her, we could really see what she could do. You put her in Cross's place with the experience that Loretto has and she would really excel I believe. We will see. She has 2 years after this year.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What player this year has done more for thier team. Rebounds, steals,points,defense,assists,leadership,hustle,heart,smarts,etc.

If you will pay attention to the question... I know these girls are good, if not great. But as far as their contribution to their team?

Danielle Rector, TN Temple - for the last two years she WAS the team. I'm not even sure they would have had a team those two years. This year they picked up some freshman help, but still if you compare the stats, it's a no brainer.

Averaging 28 pts per game, 11 rebounds per game, 2 blocks / 4 steals per game, 72% free throw shooter (absolutely ICE in the final minutes of the game), she handles the ball in the press, she shoots the three; I wish you could see her play... but the stats don't lie. Scored her 1,000th point in her sophomore year now holds the school record for most points in a game. She is the team captain, but most importantly she is the team leader! She directs traffic like an on the floor coach.

When it comes to team impact this 6'2" junior has got it goin on...!

If you will pay attention to the question... I know these girls are good, if not great. But as far as their contribution to their team?

Danielle Rector, TN Temple - for the last two years she WAS the team. I'm not even sure they would have had a team those two years. This year they picked up some freshman help, but still if you compare the stats, it's a no brainer.

Averaging 28 pts per game, 11 rebounds per game, 2 blocks / 4 steals per game, 72% free throw shooter (absolutely ICE in the final minutes of the game), she handles the ball in the press, she shoots the three; I wish you could see her play... but the stats don't lie. Scored her 1,000th point in her sophomore year now holds the school record for most points in a game. She is the team captain, but most importantly she is the team leader! She directs traffic like an on the floor coach.

When it comes to team impact this 6'2" junior has got it goin on...!

Can we purchase her contract?

At 5' 4" Cumberland County's Casha Foster is one of the best kept secrets in Tenn. She's a truly natural point guard with a sixth sense for being in the right place at the right time...check her rebound stats...remember she's just 5' 4". She is unselfish and is able to push her dribble through double/triple teams as well as anyone. Casha's assists are deadly accurate and her defense is mystical. Her ability to penetrate the lane and throw up a layup from places you wouldn't think a shot could be taken from are no less impressive. In my 40+ years of watching bball she may be the best all round natural talent I've seen. If you're down by 1, 2 or 3, inbounding the ball on the far end of the court with <5 seconds left on the clock, you have a surprisingly good chance if the ball is in Casha's hands. Her style of play naturally results in many knocks. If she develops a tolerance for pain from the inevitable knocks her style imposes, she's a legimate Miss Tennessee candidate.

Casha is lucky to be surrounded by talented teammates (Hood, Brown, Smith, Martin, Henry, Elmore, Dishman...and the bench goes on) that helps showcase her talent. (Each of these just mentioned have had their times of stepping up, and when they have, they have held their own with the best...from Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina, all the way north to Ohio.)

Keep your eye on Casha...keep your eye on CCHS. How far these girls go is in their own hands.

I would agree- she makes things happen by doing all of the little things in addition to rebounding, scoring, passing, defense etc

• 2 weeks later...

While Eagleville may not have the best recod, we have a player that desreves to be put in this thread. Chelsie Alsup is one awesome eagle for Eagleville! Besides being in near the top in many categories for stats, she a wonderful young lady.

So congratulations to Chelsie Alsup for another great year!

Edited by Dossman