District 7a

swanson71

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one think the district is down this yr?

This district definitely has plenty of young talent. With the exception of Clay, most of the teams are pretty young and will improve in the future. Clay is loaded with a plethera of senior talent and athleticism; their program is on the right track. Monterey has traditional success, a very good coaching staff, good players, and is fundamentally sound. Jackson is a young team with much potential and a proven coach in King. Pickett is young and made a late season run this year. By the way, I hear that their coach is mediocre. Hermitage Springs is turning things around and played some very tough games and were much more competitve this year thanks to some good coaching (Strong) and hard work. RBS has a good coach in Swoner and although they were young this year, they will make some noise next year. Clarkrange is on the upswing with Coach England at the helm. Overall, this district has nothing to hang our heads about and everyone should watch out for any of us next year.

Tonight's games:

Jackson 4- Pickett 3 in a well -played, close game that came down to a tough call at home. Pickett was elimanated.

Monterey 8- Clay 7 in an eight inning thriller that come down to a close play at home; due to two successful bunts by the Wildcats.

Jackson plays Clay at five, and the winner plays Monterey at seven.

I am very proud of our district and feel that every team has the potential to become better and be more competetive next year. We can't help it if we can't recruit like some other 1A teams can.

CONGRATULATIONS TO HAMMER AND HIS BOYS. THEY ARE A GOOD BUNCH OF PEOPLE. HOWEVER, BEING THAT I HAVE A SON ON THE MONTEREY TEAM I WILL BE ROOTING FOR THE WILDCATS TONIGHT. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS. I JUST HOPE THEY HAVE FUN AND NOBODY GETS HURT BEFORE THE REGION BEGINS.

Any one think the district is down this yr?

Oh yeah...way down in my opinion...But there are some very young teams and I believe just give it 2 or 3 more years it'll be much stronger and back up to where it was a couple of years ago...Teams like RBS, PC, and Clarkrange who were young this year and didn't do so hot will be back up there in the mix of things in the next couple of years...From what I see RBS has coming up I have no doubt in my mind in the next couple of years when these guys get older RBS will be competing for the title like they have in years past...

Congrats to Monterey on there 6th or 7th district championship in the last 7 or 8 years...