Scott CO.

knight2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Glass Eater, I will think before I speak next time, but that doesn't mean that I would have changed what I said. I agree with the fact that with Jeffers and Shelton quitting that we don't have much height anymore. Hutson is the tallest player now, but what exactly did these 2 girls do? The tall girl from CAK and Anderson Co. still hurt us, they made alot of points and they got alot of rebounds. I didn't see Jeffers or Shelton do anything to stop either of them, neither girl can rebound but then again we need better rebounding anyways. All the post girls need to do better at rebounding, and Watts had some good games too, OK, and Acres did have a game or 2 that she did well, but if everyone agrees that Marcum is a good coach then he plays who he thinks he can win games with. True?

Only these girls know why they quit, and they did quit so therefore there is really no reason to discuss them further on CoachT. Because we will never know if they could help the team in the future. I just wish the girls that are left on the team the best of luck with the rest of their season.

well I am not attacking these girls personally, I don't know any of these girls, I have only watched them play basketball. And I am sure they will all be missed, but I was just stating what I thought and nothing more.

I just wanted to add that I thought the team played really good in the first half against Kingston, I wish they had had a second half to go with it, but I think all the pieces of the puzzle are there to win games. Coach and the team are just going to have to figure out how to put them together. :thumb:

Good Luck against Gibbs.

I don't think that you can ever turn having that many players quit into a positive. It's hard to think that you will lose that many players and it not cause more problems down the road. The Scott High team looks to me to be 2 years away from being competitive again. They should stick with their coach. However, it's hard for me to see them doing that given the school's record for firing coaches. Good luck Scott High.

I don't think that you can ever turn having that many players quit into a positive. It's hard to think that you will lose that many players and it not cause more problems down the road. The Scott High team looks to me to be 2 years away from being competitive again. They should stick with their coach. However, it's hard for me to see them doing that given the school's record for firing coaches. Good luck Scott High.

courtking shs has not fired a ladyhighlander coach that i know about. coaches,kreis,branim,langford,andsharpe all resigned.

I think the highlanders have a good and building team. As for the ones that quit I really hated to see that decision made. One inparticular that I have spoken with (Bee) has regreted the decision she made. I think her apologizing to the coaches shows alot of character. I know her ACL surgury had alot to do with playing this season. During my conversation with her about her decision I ask her how her knee was doing and she told me that she was having some problems with it and she would be getting back in with her doctor in the next few weeks. I hope she can get the strength back in her knee to perform like she did her freshman year. Her future seemed very bright in basketball her freshman year sadly to say she had to suffer such an injury beginning her sophmore year. I hope to talk to some of the other girls that made this decision to see how they feel about it now. I really hope to see some of them out next year. I have noticed how much Bee still supports the Lady Highlanders and how close she still is with the team. I hope to see her back next year and she has also expressed that to me. I think all the girls that quit had an impact on the team. Whitney Strunk is a great 3 pt shooter, Megan Acres- great speed and improving on ball handling. Jenny Shelton-improving tremendously and would have played a big role in the post game. Haley Watts- very versatile could play any position on the floor. Tara Jeffers- picking up on rebounding and could have added many points on the board. I wish the team and Coach Marcum the best of luck. Just hang in there ladies and coaches. :thumb:

I feel like something is missing also. Nobody has been fired at Scott High officially. I guess that Eddie just worked his tail off last year so they could hand the program over to Marcum. I wish him and the team alot of luck but having a new coach each year is not the solution. They have a good coach in place. However, I don't know if he can hold on long enough to see the teams work pan out.

Well, since this was the topic on R.L. Gibson last night I guess C. Marcums honeymoon is over before it really gets started.

Everyone was calling in and saying that you gotta have money, and he has to like your parents, and blah blah blah. Come on people..... I'm betting that the only people complaining are the parents of the kids who quit on their team, their school, and themselves.

He may be a hard you know what, but he is probably the only person that can turn that program around. Give him some time and I bet SHS will start winning more and more games every year.

And for all of you people who won't quit running your mouths, if you think you could do better why don't you pick up a whistle yourself and I bet you will find out fast that AA ball is nothing like junior pro.

I didn't see the Scott Co. Issues Show. Were there any accusations made or just sour grapes about playing time issues or what exactly is the gist of John Q. Public's dissatisfaction with Marco? How did R.L. handle all this? Unless there is something you could put your finger on, Marcum needs to be left alone to do what appears to be a very thankless job. Someone needs to write a book called "You Can't Score Two Points Through Your Daughter/Son" or "Your Playing Days Are Gone! Get Over It!" Unfortunately, in this County, no body would read it!

:thumb: Kaz :thumb: