No respect for William Blount!

TG24

I just don't see why WB is getting NO respect! They aren't even being mentioned in EAST TN Top 10 discussions, while they played Red Bank VERY TOUGH and only lost to McMinn Central by 6, after cutting it to 2 in the 4th, and was up by 9 points AT BEARDEN. They are a contender to make it to state, and there is absolutely NO RESPECT for them. What gives guys?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this whole thread is pretty foolish...your basis for yall getting respect is because yall have hung with good teams for 4 quarters and then barely lost...how bad you win/lose means nothing, if you lose 99-98, its still an L...yall are 12-5 and your only quality win is over Oak Ridge...until yall beat some people and quit losin to teams yall should beat, such as Webb & Austin-East, then don't come on here begging for respect because you won't find it...instead, you'll only find people like me who shoot down foolish claims such as your's...

The AP Polls are out. Bearden is #3, a team WB beating by 9 points on the road. Just proving my point even more.

Yeah, heres a fun fact for you...Fayette-Ware, a team that is by no means a perennial power, beat Bolivar Central earlier in the year and they get no respect at all...Kirby beat Mitchell, another team picked to win AA...they got no respect for it...so what makes you think that just because you were "up" on the #3 team in AAA and then got beat makes William Blount worthy of respect??? In my oppinion, they are getting the respect they deserve...

Edited by BluNWhiteH8Tribe

Watching your beloved Chargers fall will be the highlight of the year for most coacht basketball fans. You can't just support your team without pulling down everyone else's. You sir are a pathetic excuse for a basketball fan and I'm sure Coach Armstrong and the Central boys would do just fine without you running your mouth 24/7. But it is people like you that put so much pressure on your team. I can see Central choking again this year. I just don't think it will be until the state tournament. And don't say it won't be a choke either...You have already proclaimed that they will have alot to say about where the gold ball resides. That's what everyone said last year before they laid an egg in the region...

Exactly what will respect get you in high school basketball. Each team has a chance to play in post-season tournaments to advance. It matters not where you are "ranked" as if the guys who rank ever see most high school games, and it definitely matters not if you are respected. What matters is post-season victories, and the players and coaches control that, not sportswriters.

Watching your beloved Chargers fall will be the highlight of the year for most coacht basketball fans. You can't just support your team without pulling down everyone else's. You sir are a pathetic excuse for a basketball fan and I'm sure Coach Armstrong and the Central boys would do just fine without you running your mouth 24/7. But it is people like you that put so much pressure on your team. I can see Central choking again this year. I just don't think it will be until the state tournament. And don't say it won't be a choke either...You have already proclaimed that they will have alot to say about where the gold ball resides. That's what everyone said last year before they laid an egg in the region...

Im not pulling down everybody else's Im just stating an oppinion...this is what I believe and if you don't like it so be it...I can't force to believe what I believe...however, I don't see how that makes me an excuse of a basketball fan...I said they MAY have something to say about the Gold Ball...if they do the right things and keep playing team ball, they have an excellent shot of doing it...however, like you said, there was the incident last year in the first round of the region...it has happened to them before...and it can most certainly happen again...but the thing I don't understand is how they got brought into this thread...all I said was I think William Blount is getting the respect they have earned at this point...and then you go and bring McMinn Central into it...and Im sorry that I have made you go so low as to call me an "excuse" but thats how you feel...so heres how I feel...until I say something that is just an out and right cut down to a team instead of what is an oppinion with supporting evidence, don't call me an excuse because I am not dragging anybody down...

• 2 weeks later...

so what makes you think that just because you were "up" on the #3 team in AAA and then got beat makes William Blount worthy of respect??? In my oppinion, they are getting the respect they deserve...

How about now?? We haven't lost to a team that we were supposed to beat, and we are playing great ball right now with a 17-5 record. Why no respect NOW? Wait for the Bearden and OR rematches(with a sweep of OR) and then, we will still probably get no respect.

How about now?? We haven't lost to a team that we were supposed to beat, and we are playing great ball right now with a 17-5 record. Why no respect NOW? Wait for the Bearden and OR rematches(with a sweep of OR) and then, we will still probably get no respect.

I will bet my house that you won't beat Oak Ridge. You barely beat them and they started two freshmen. They only had two starters in that game and you squeeked by with a win. Oak Ridge will beat you by double digits. As for Bearden, I think you will beat them at your place, but with the way referees caudle Tony White Jr. I'm really not sure you will be able to overcome it.

I will give you some respect, I think you are the 4th best AAA team in the region. You are right behind 1 Oak Ridge 2 Bearden 3 Halls 4 William Blount.

I will bet my house that you won't beat Oak Ridge. You barely beat them and they started two freshmen. They only had two starters in that game and you squeeked by with a win. Oak Ridge will beat you by double digits. As for Bearden, I think you will beat them at your place, but with the way referees caudle Tony White Jr. I'm really not sure you will be able to overcome it.

I will give you some respect, I think you are the 4th best AAA team in the region. You are right behind 1 Oak Ridge 2 Bearden 3 Halls 4 William Blount.

I am worried about Oak Ridge. That will be a tough one to win. Bearden I think is a little overrated though, as you mentioned with the refs and White, combined with few quality wins, I think we have them at home. How do you not give us the edge over Halls?

I am worried about Oak Ridge. That will be a tough one to win. Bearden I think is a little overrated though, as you mentioned with the refs and White, combined with few quality wins, I think we have them at home. How do you not give us the edge over Halls?

Mainly because Halls is the second best team in the other district. I also think Clinton and Powell could beat William Blount, but I don't know if they are better. I am rooting for William Blount to win the district, because I think Coach Baumann deserves it. His team plays really hard and you can't take that away from them. Good luck Govs the rest of the way. B)