No respect for William Blount!

TG24

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, forgot about Clinton. As said Oak Ridge wins by double figures.

William Blount is a much better team than any team in 3AAA . Maryville was beat decisively by William Blount both times this year in 4AAA competitition . But, Maryville in head to head with 3AAA teams, outdueled Powell, West and recently beat Oak Ridge by a large margin.

William Blount should be much higher ranked based on head to head competititon of 3AAA and 4AAA. Yes William Blount is very under rated, but sometimes it is better to fly low under the radar..................... William Blount is an example of how unselfish play and good defense wins games.

Edited by MRFan4U

William Blount is a much better team than any team in 4AAA . Maryville was beat decisively by William Blount both times this year in 3AAA competitition . But, Maryville in head to head with 4AAA teams, outdueled Powell, West and recently beat Oak Ridge by a large margin.

William Blount should be much higher ranked based on head to head competititon of 3AAA and 4AAA. Yes William Blount is very under rated, but sometimes it is better to fly low under the radar..................... William Blount is an example of how unselfish play and good defense wins games.

Well, I just took a look at the District 4 rankings...it appears that William Blount's only loss is to an exceptionally good Bearden squad...and it also appears that you all have them at home on February 7th...I believe you all definitely have a shot of making a run at the State Tournament IF...IF you all can do the right things...good team ball, minimal mistakes, you kno, just the usual things...however, as long as you all are going places (which I believe yall will goto sectionals, perhaps even state) then I wouldn't even worry about whether or not people respect you...you will earn it through what you do...

William Blount is a much better team than any team in 4AAA . Maryville was beat decisively by William Blount both times this year in 3AAA competitition . But, Maryville in head to head with 4AAA teams, outdueled Powell, West and recently beat Oak Ridge by a large margin.

You have to be careful drawing conclusions from common opponent scores. For example, within a five day span WB blew out Maryville, Maryville blew out Oak Ridge, and Oak Ridge blew out WB.

I agree WB has been very solid in general this year with their best wins probably coming over Maryville (twice) and Alcoa. They also played very well in a close road loss at Bearden. They have also had poor performances against Webb and Oak Ridge. They also played poorly yet escaped with a OT win over Heritage.

Certainly WB has a chance to make some noise in the Region tourney. However, I am going to predict that it will be Oak Ridge and Bearden emerging as the two region finalists. But I certainly wouldn't count out WB.

Not a good game for WB Tuesday. Glasgow got in foul trouble early, and we dug ourselves in deeper with poor rebounding and shooting. Hopefully we can bounce back tomorrow at Farragut. WB will have to play well to make it out of the region, but I think it maybe can be done.

Maryville may be the most dangerous and unpredictable team in the district and regionals. Depends which team shows up. Same is true of William Blount. Could be exciting?

Maryville may be the most dangerous and unpredictable team in the district and regionals. Depends which team shows up. Same is true of William Blount. Could be exciting?

Should be very exciting. WB is very inconsistent, if the team that showed up tonight shows up in the District(possibly against Maryville), you will win for sure. Terrible game tonight, but hopefully we can get it turned around soon.