MLK v. David Lipscomb

ebbybm

This should be a exciting game. D. L. ranks in the top 10 in the AP poll. The teams are one and two, respectively, in their division. They play at MLK tomorrow. Who wins?

I have to say MLK. And yes, I'm biased. But I think you have to take home court advantage into consideration and also the fact that DLHS is coming off of a loss and MLK is coming off of a HUGE win.

Either way, it certainly shapes up to be an AWESOME game!

Great game tonight for the Royals... Eventhough the entire game looked really sloppy on both sides. Win could have been alot bigger with MLK holding the ball and playing keep away for most of the second half. Gerald Robinson comes out and puts on a clinic scoring 22 of the 49 points for MLK, show he is clearly the top gaurd in the district (over Josh Slater -- 10 points) and probably even the best in middle Tennessee. Clarence Smith had yet another solid performance pulling down a handful of reboounds and scoring in double digits yet again.

This inner city rivialry isn't as hyped as it once was. I was highly dissapointed in student turn out for both teams, especially DL's. The house is usually packed for both of those games. However, the weather and the game being on a Tuesday probably played a factor in the size of the crowd.

Hope to see you all at DL, where hopefully we wil lhave bigger crowds and a better game.

BIG BEN

BigRoyalBen where have you been? I chalk this one up to bad coaching by Lipscombs coach. He played to the teams weakness instead of the teams strength. Forcing the ball into the undersized post players hoping to draw fouls. I've seen Lipscomb play 9 times this year and they seem to play better when players go to the basket. I think Slater only took 6 or 7 shots. DL's coach needs to realize he does not have a 6'4 and 6'5 post this year.

BigRoyalBen where have you been? I chalk this one up to bad coaching by Lipscombs coach. He played to the teams weakness instead of the teams strength. Forcing the ball into the undersized post players hoping to draw fouls. I've seen Lipscomb play 9 times this year and they seem to play better when players go to the basket. I think Slater only took 6 or 7 shots. DL's coach needs to realize he does not have a 6'4 and 6'5 post this year.

As a royal fan, I too, was upset at the outcome. However, I can't complain about the outcome. I just wish we got more "pub". We are defending state runner-up. Gerald was great as ever with Clarence and John contributing.

I want to give a shout to Whites Creek for topping B Wright and his supporting cast.

Post is right on. MLK made a quick adjustment after six quick points inside. They collapsed on the post every time the ball went in to the post with 3 or even 4 players in the paint. This prevented the outlet pass to the perimiter, and fouls were not being called with all the grabbing and slapping going on. This combined with MLK's great gaurd play was the difference in the game. DL was not hitting the few open 3's that they attempted. MLK played a great game.