McMinn at Walker Valley

COACHQ

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to McMinn on another win tonight. You were hot early and jumped out to a big lead. I was very impressed with the heart WV showed in their multiple comeback attempts. Unfortunately, we missed way too many free throws again and we could not get our outside shot to fall. Thomas had another great game. Alverson got hit with a cheap technical foul which gave her five and sent her to the bench. It was a huge turnaround for McMinn and they hit their free throws. I found it odd that the official wearing his pink panties, was so quick to give her a T when she questioned a foul called on her, but refused to do the same when a McMinn player was questioning him on a call. Alverson was on the floor after she and another girl dove for a ball. It appeared that the McMinn girl fouled Alverson but the call went the other way. She questioned him and then slapped the floor with her hands as she was laying there. When the McMinn player questioned the same official later in the 4th, she talked back at him and gave him dirty looks the whole trip down the court. I don't believe that either girl should get a technical in these situations. I just feel that if you are so quick to give to one you should do the same to the other. The officials get paid too much money for their poor services to be so sensitive while the kids and coaches are giving their all day in and day out.

Congrats to McMinn on another win tonight. You were hot early and jumped out to a big lead. I was very impressed with the heart WV showed in their multiple comeback attempts. Unfortunately, we missed way too many free throws again and we could not get our outside shot to fall. Thomas had another great game. Alverson got hit with a cheap technical foul which gave her five and sent her to the bench. It was a huge turnaround for McMinn and they hit their free throws. I found it odd that the official wearing his pink panties, was so quick to give her a T when she questioned a foul called on her, but refused to do the same when a McMinn player was questioning him on a call. Alverson was on the floor after she and another girl dove for a ball. It appeared that the McMinn girl fouled Alverson but the call went the other way. She questioned him and then slapped the floor with her hands as she was laying there. When the McMinn player questioned the same official later in the 4th, she talked back at him and gave him dirty looks the whole trip down the court. I don't believe that either girl should get a technical in these situations. I just feel that if you are so quick to give to one you should do the same to the other. The officials get paid too much money for their poor services to be so sensitive while the kids and coaches are giving their all day in and day out.

poor....poor....POOR Walker Valley.....I can't believe them mean ole refs are picking on them......especially ones wearing "pink panties"

poor....poor....POOR Walker Valley.....I can't believe them mean ole refs are picking on them......especially ones wearing "pink panties"

Well, I have to say at least our coach didn't try to sprint with the refs after the ballgame. Oh, I do not believe he broke his board either after any calls. WV have more morals than McMinn ever had.

Well, I have to say at least our coach didn't try to sprint with the refs after the ballgame.

Walker Valley ended up shooting 24 FTs the whole game. McMinn County shot 26 FTs in the 4th quarter alone, 26 FTs. So think about it, 26 FTs in the 4th quarter alone, in a close game, where there was no intentional fouling by WV until the last minute, wouldn't you sprint out with the refs too? They probably were skipping and holding hands!!!!

A reporter who was there covering the game said he moved off the baseline because he was afraid they were going to call a foul on him!!!!!

Everyone who was in the gym knows what the deal was, nothing has to be said!!

Well, I have to say at least our coach didn't try to sprint with the refs after the ballgame. Oh, I do not believe he broke his board either after any calls. WV have more morals than McMinn ever had.

WV might have to expand their recruiting area since the move up to AAA. Oh, my bad, that wouldn't be good morals.

:thumb:

WV might have to expand their recruiting area since the move up to AAA. Oh, my bad, that wouldn't be good morals.

AA,

You like talking about morals? Here is some food for the THOUGHT.

1: Your coach lost a girl before the season started that woud've been one of the top 5 or 6 because of his stupidity

2: Your coach runs onto the court after a game, after the refs. (real good Morals you think?) I wasn't there but was told what happened so it might had been worst than I heard, oh and also broke his little board.

3: Your coach is RECRUITING now. have a Calhoun night at a ballgame. that is so funny.

4: Your coach couldn't coach a AA school team in his own county but has to move to McMinn. that is more funny.

5: Your coach blames everyone but himself for his record this year. He has the best starting 5 in the district.

6: Your coach is having kids go to WV and Central. Why is that? Maybe it is the coach?

7: there is so much more but I am tired of typing.

GO WALKER VALLEY :lol:

Edited by haterofstupidity

don't show your ignorance or stupidity by blaming the refs on your loss. That makes you sound really redneck. Then don't blame lossing a player on a coach. WV has has players quit so has Central, Bradley, Cleveland, and all other teams. Surely all those coaches are that stupid or maybe you shoud become a coach yourself. I bet if you go back a few games and look at foul counts your team shot twice as many foul shots in the games they won than the team you beat. In fact I was at one of the games that it happened. Its easy to blame losing on the refs. just face the facts that you are now playing AAA. Things aren't the same as the good old days. Look at the record now. Who beat you all. it was the AAA schools. Who did you bet. it was the AA and A schools. So don't blame the refs for any of your loses. That makes you sound dumb. But I still think you are not a WV fan anyway but someone hiding under a WV mask. I still think you are a resentful McMinn fan because all your posts are about McMinn in some way or other. Maybe even the girl who quit McMinn? Jerry Quirk is doing a great job there. Much better than the boys coach but I won't get in to that. A story for another board. But not any of you should blame the refs. Foul don't indicate the true story. I was there. It was bad called at times for both teams. Both coaches were angry. Redneck to say you got cheated though. besides the boys game was worst than the girls didn't you think?

don't show your ignorance or stupidity by blaming the refs on your loss. That makes you sound really redneck. Then don't blame lossing a player on a coach. WV has has players quit so has Central, Bradley, Cleveland, and all other teams. Surely all those coaches are that stupid or maybe you shoud become a coach yourself. I bet if you go back a few games and look at foul counts your team shot twice as many foul shots in the games they won than the team you beat. In fact I was at one of the games that it happened. Its easy to blame losing on the refs. just face the facts that you are now playing AAA. Things aren't the same as the good old days. Look at the record now. Who beat you all. it was the AAA schools. Who did you bet. it was the AA and A schools. So don't blame the refs for any of your loses. That makes you sound dumb. But I still think you are not a WV fan anyway but someone hiding under a WV mask. I still think you are a resentful McMinn fan because all your posts are about McMinn in some way or other. Maybe even the girl who quit McMinn? Jerry Quirk is doing a great job there. Much better than the boys coach but I won't get in to that. A story for another board. But not any of you should blame the refs. Foul don't indicate the true story. I was there. It was bad called at times for both teams. Both coaches were angry. Redneck to say you got cheated though. besides the boys game was worst than the girls didn't you think?

I really don't think I did blame the refs. And not all the games we won was AA. If you look you will see that we did beat Cleveland not once but twice. Put that in your pipe and smoke it awhile. Your call me a resentful McMinn fanm, That is so funny. Never would I wear a uniform for Jerry Quirk. I want to know how i think we lost because of the refs. I again say, Look in the mirror and you will see your coach blaming the refs on teams downfalls. I don't care much about the boys game but again, the coaching at McMinn is awful on both sides of the ball. Get over your madness and see the truth. I am one that believes that hard work starts with the coach. And if that is the truth you can see that McMinn is out of shape. :thumb:

I did not blame the loss on the officials even though I thought they did a poor job. I congratulated McMinn on a good game. I have been impressed with them the two times they played WV. My point was that you don't give a sensless tech on a kid and then let someone else get away with it. I am tired of these officials being so sensitive. They make their money and leave. The kids, the coaches, and the parents are the one's making all the sacrifices. The fan's pay good money to support their schools, communities and the kids. Human error is always going to be their but when they call a game, they need to leave their "pink panties" at home. Several of them wear their feelings on their sleeves and have a "God complex" and feel they should never be questioned and that the coaches or players do not have a right to be frustrated with them. One of the officials working the game last night is a friend of mine and I thought he did a poor job. At least he wasn't the one that gave the sorry technical. McMinn should finish with the #2 seed. Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully we will have a chance to avenge our losses in the tournament.

[. And not all the games we won was AA. If you look you will see that we did beat Cleveland not once but twice. Put that in your pipe and smoke it awhile.

Evidently you are not a real WV fan or you would know that you have just played Cleveland ONE time. Hard to beat them twice yet. Not saying that you won't, but you haven't yet.