Boyd buchanan

gowiththeflow_6

Not sure whats up with Boyd this year. I went to one day and they were ok but nothing big really. Now days when i think of Boyd sports i think of Football and Softball becuase they are usually very successful. Maybe one day we will get bball back up there. And ya like Grace Golden Eagles said playing in 2A might hav ea little bit to do with it, but i still dont think they would be able to compete with Grace and Temple in district.

• 4 weeks later...

Boyd is just having "one of those years." They'll play great one week and poorly the next. The combination of being a 1A size school playing up to 2A in a 9 team district with no tall kids punishes off nights terribly. Coach Brown is only in his 2nd year as a high school coach and the water is deep.

That said, I really think that this team is just a couple of minutes away from being able to make some noise around tournament time. Played a fantastic 3 1/2 quarters against McMinn Central and has played 2 really tough games against Brainerd. When the kids are hustling and shots are falling this really is a fun team to watch