Is there anyway that South Greene can match up with Greeneville

river271

So just how many state championships has South Greene won in football? If you are gonna talk about Greene County sports you need to get your facts straight. The South Greene Lady Rebels were a dynasty under Coach Larry Ricker no doubt. They have a very good football program there too but I have never seen a state championship football banner on the wall there, fact is having to go through Alcoa to get there it would be very tough to accomplish that.

I dont think I mentioned football championships. I just said add them all together. I know no one has won state anything at south greene but womens basketball, it was just a comment.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree with the underrated. They maybe deserve to be top 15 in the state. But besides moore and wiggins they do not have anyone that can keep them in games when they play the big boys from memphis.

Eric Anderson runs the show as good as any gaurd i have seen! And by the way how much D do they play in West Tennessee??? NONE...therefore Jimmy Boone would have a huge night!

Yeah if you think so. red bank is way over rated, and everyone knows if it isnt the arby's classic its a second rate xmas tourney. Please tell me how many highly ranked teams Greeneville played at that tourney?? SH played 2 top 10 teams in the entire state regardless of class in brentwood 21 in the NATION and siegel top 5 in the state.

A team from Alabama with a 7 foot Freshman is ranked in the nation and Greeneville played them.

Eric Anderson runs the show as good as any gaurd i have seen! And by the way how much D do they play in West Tennessee??? NONE...therefore Jimmy Boone would have a huge night!

A team from Alabama with a 7 foot Freshman is ranked in the nation and Greeneville played them.

Jimmy boone is a set up spot shooter that can not create anything for himself, yeah thats real hard to gaurd someone like that. Anderson is twice as important to greeneville than boone.

eggs stink your talking crap about Greeneville agin just like you where on the science hill page.

I swear all greeneville fans are such babies. Cant you take constructive critism about your team. All I said is about boone. For some reaon you all think he is wonderful. I have played against him before and he is not qualified to play ball at the next level. Moore and wiggins and maybe even anderson could though.

So you know ALL the greeneville fans???? Then how do you know they ALL are babies? Just because one or two complains about what you write does not classify as ALL of anything! Just be cautious about ALL that you are saying. Thats ALL!

Sorry should not judge the whole group from a few bad apples. My bad.

I swear all greeneville fans are such babies. Cant you take constructive critism about your team. All I said is about boone. For some reaon you all think he is wonderful. I have played against him before and he is not qualified to play ball at the next level. Moore and wiggins and maybe even anderson could though.

I thought you were 29 years old. You played against Boone - where at the YMCA ? Your number's been called. Your just a whining ex-Rebel player from the Hill who is trying to recapture the glory days against teenagers at the Y. Every single one of your posts has been contrary to G'ville. Only problem is .... South Greene has never had "glory days" in boys basketball (not in your lifetime at least).

I thought you were 29 years old. You played against Boone - where at the YMCA ? Your number's been called. Your just a whining ex-Rebel player from the Hill who is trying to recapture the glory days against teenagers at the Y. Every single one of your posts has been contrary to G'ville. Only problem is .... South Greene has never had "glory days" in boys basketball (not in your lifetime at least).

yea eggs_suck guy who are you some old man that wished he was still in high school. Boone moved from michigan this year. You don't have the right to diss somebody on a ymca pick up game. You cant stay in the same gym as Boone.

yea eggs_suck guy who are you some old man that wished he was still in high school. Boone moved from michigan this year. You don't have the right to diss somebody on a ymca pick up game. You cant stay in the same gym as Boone.

LOL you guys are quite funny. A ymca pickup game has a lot more talent than most of the teams greenville has in their conf. Go watch a game at the ymca league (which has many of the same people that play pickup) and you will see many ex college players, usually at least 2 on each team, and not old guys either, guys right out of college. The guy who led tusculum in scoring for years 01 and 02 plays there. Anyway the point is I am not bitter towards greeneville its just that the fans that have no clue what basketball is about rave about the wrong players. Yeah boone can score but thats it, he can not play def and is not quick enough to be a 1 or 2 gaurd. As far as South not having any glory days I wont agrgue that but they did have a few teams back in the late 90's that went to substate, which for south greene boys was a great accomplishment. Lastly like i said boone is average at best moore is twice the player he is and so is wiggins, learn who your best players are devil fans and support them. I know from playing against all of them except wiggins. And the reason we play vs high schoolers is because that is where the most talented players are, has nothing to do with recapturing glory days or whatever you were babbling about.

LOL you guys are quite funny. A ymca pickup game has a lot more talent than most of the teams greenville has in their conf. Go watch a game at the ymca league (which has many of the same people that play pickup) and you will see many ex college players, usually at least 2 on each team, and not old guys either, guys right out of college. The guy who led tusculum in scoring for years 01 and 02 plays there. Anyway the point is I am not bitter towards greeneville its just that the fans that have no clue what basketball is about rave about the wrong players. Yeah boone can score but thats it, he can not play def and is not quick enough to be a 1 or 2 gaurd. As far as South not having any glory days I wont agrgue that but they did have a few teams back in the late 90's that went to substate, which for south greene boys was a great accomplishment. Lastly like i said boone is average at best moore is twice the player he is and so is wiggins, learn who your best players are devil fans and support them. I know from playing against all of them except wiggins. And the reason we play vs high schoolers is because that is where the most talented players are, has nothing to do with recapturing glory days or whatever you were babbling about.

I will agree with you that Moore and Wiggins are our best players, but it's time to move on from this game, it's been over for over a week now.

Edited by DevilDL77