DeKalb at Livingston Jan. 27

dchs1

Thanks alot Tiger_girl I needed all the help I could get. You got across in one reply what I have been trying to say all week. DC has the will to win they are hungrier than LA. Skill is worthless unless you have passion, and our DEKALB COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL TIGERS HAVE PASSION.

it is ok to have passionand to be excited about your tigers,but really a win over

monterey and smith co. and a loss to macon co, does not prove anything. How many wins do all three have. I THINK MAYBE 3-OR- 4 EACH. TN. HAS BEAT TEXAS

FLA. & HAVE NOT LOSS TO teams that are a lot smaller like DEKALB has.NOW I DO AGREE LANUS IS A GOOD & PASSIONATE COACH he is my friend and a super

guy.However LA by at least 15 in this one.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see that Tidwell he called us ruthless. Are you scared now? This is a new team with new fans and with more heart than than LA ever had a wet dream about. Pressing when they were up by forty was just a warm up for when they are up by forty to LA. DC is coming Friday expecting to win.

All you DC fans had better watch what you say before heading into LA! Warning, they are tough and have played much better teams than Monterey. Major, major suprise if DC can stay to within 10. LA has the better team and you think your "Dukette" fan club has a chance in LA's gym then think again about who's having the wet dream.

All you DC fans had better watch what you say before heading into LA! Warning, they are tough and have played much better teams than Monterey. Major, major suprise if DC can stay to within 10. LA has the better team and you think your "Dukette" fan club has a chance in LA's gym then think again about who's having the wet dream.

What are you thinking??? DeKalb only lost by three the first time. Three points!!! and DC has improved more than LA since then. I am not bragging about beating Monterey and Smith Co. I'm not an idiot I know those teams are struggling. DC had to have something to click before they could start playing their best. When they played LA the first time they had yet to click they played mediocre basketball and almost won. If LA thinks they saw DC's best game at the first meeting, then they are wrong. All the pieces had yet to fall into place. DC only played six or seven guys that night and ran out of energy towards the end, but now they ridiculous depth. They have four or five guys coming off the bench who could start on any other team in the district that didn't play in the first game. All of the players are at full health and Randolph is at the same point if not better than he was at the end of last year. Remember that 66 threes, second in the mid-state. They now have player leadershp they lacked at the beggining of the season. Our starting line up is just as big if not bigger than LA's. DC just wants to win more than LA and they actually think they can unlike last time when they doubted themselves. Our 60 to 100 who will attend the game can be louder and wilder than LA's entire student body this again goes back to passion. WE JUST WANT IT MORE!!!

While DC usually plays LA tough, as shown by the 3 point margin of victory for LA the first time they met, I'm having a hard time seeing how DeKalb County has improved more than LA since their first meeting. DC is 3-8 since then while LA has went 9-3.

We are 4-8, and we were involved in two tournaments where everyone wanted us to lose. We never really had a fair chance in five of those games. The improvement I keep talking about just became apparent in the weeks after the Macon Co. game. That night was the turning point for the Tigers. After that game the players, coaches, and students just got tired of losing. This is not a team that shold be below .500, but they are. Everyone in the county believes that the teams problems are behind them and they are ready to make a mid-season run. For a district championsip that happens to go through Livingston. What you don't understand is that no one on that team believes they can be stopped. They are looking at Upperman as just another team in their way like Monterey. They all know that they will have to play their butts off to beat LA and they are prepared to do so. LA is looking at Friday's game as an easy win and that's not true. Their cocky attitude is going to get the best of them.

You only have stats Tidwell. Their improvement has only come in the few games. Dekalb has more depth than they have had earlier in the year. They have guys coming off the bench who can burn a team for 15 or more on any given night. Hooper is at full strength once again, (he wasn't during the weeks following the first meeting with LA) Randolph is back to his old ways, Jake Nokes has really stepped up this yaer and is due for another big game, sophomore John Malone is a great ballhandler (filling in the shoes of graduated DC Tiger and current Cleveland State player Jacob Melton), and Sophomore Travis Woodward has seemed to fill the void his older brother Alex left as a floor general.

GOOD LUCK LIVINGSTON, YOU'RE GOING TO NEED IT... :thumb:

Thanks alot stuntwoman we appreciate it

Thats right Dekalb has right now what was lacking earlier this year!. Team and court leadership!. And they FINALLY have that!. And i'm not saying that Dekalb is going to blow LA away either so don't take it like that we all know that this game is going to be INTENSE!. And both teams will put up a hard fight!. But our guys ain't going down without a fight!. But isn't that what basketball is all about ?...Wanting to win?. Loving the game?. And carrying your town with you on and off the road?..You all LA people will see us Friday night!. We love our Tigers and love to support them!. So good luck to both teams but i will tell you I will more than likely be In the big 50-100 student section cheering on my favorite BOYS!......GO TIGERS! :D

Sat Dec. 17 Shelbyville Mid South Classic L 38-81

Mon Dec. 19 Clarkrange Mid South Classic L 43-44

Wed Dec. 21 Rossview Mid South Classic L 43-71

Mon Dec. 26 Choctaw, FL FLORIDA L 46-63

Tue Dec. 27 MCGill-Toolean FLORIDA L 48-66

Tue Jan. 3 at Monterey W 72-49

Fri Jan. 6 at East Literature L 56-82

Sat Jan. 7 Portland R L 60-68

Tue Jan. 10 at Macon Co. D L 47-54

Fri Jan. 13 at Cannon Co. D W 46-34

Tue Jan. 17 Smith Co. D W 71-47

By all means, do show me 4 wins on that list.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone more confident in a team than DCHS1 is in the "NEW" Dekalb County. I for one don't think LA is stupid enough to think that any win will come easy. Why do you keep saying that LA is cocky?

DCHS1, if this game doesn't turn out the way you predict, are you gonna be truthful as to why? Or are you gonna make excuses like the one about DC wasn't supposed to win in those tournaments.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone more confident in a team than DCHS1 is in the "NEW" Dekalb County. I for one don't think LA is stupid enough to think that any win will come easy. Why do you keep saying that LA is cocky?

DCHS1, if this game doesn't turn out the way you predict, are you gonna be truthful as to why? Or are you gonna make excuses like the one about DC wasn't supposed to win in those tournaments.

After the game turns out the way I am predicting it I will be truthful. I will tell it like it is and say that LA played their butts off which they will, and I will also say that DC just wanted to win the game more. Were you at eaither tournament??? did you see any of the games DC played in???

LA's cockiness is only apparent to those who are looking for it or to those who know any of the players personally. For years they have acted like they own 7-AA in all sports and that intimidated teams from the past but not ths one. This DC team sees this game as just another must win situation. Friday night the tigers will only see white jerseys, not white jerseys that say wildcats or livingston academy.

Tidwell: like i said before, there is a world beyond coacht. Dekalb played a game on Friday Jan. 20 at home against Monterey it wasn't on the schedule and the score is not posted on caoacht (i think it was a make up game) DeKalb won 86-3?. I'm not bragging about beating a mediocre team, i'm just stating the facts.

After the game turns out the way I am predicting it I will be truthful. I will tell it like it is and say that LA played their butts off which they will, and I will also say that DC just wanted to win the game more. Were you at eaither tournament??? did you see any of the games DC played in???

LA's cockiness is only apparent to those who are looking for it or to those who know any of the players personally. For years they have acted like they own 7-AA in all sports and that intimidated teams from the past but not ths one. This DC team sees this game as just another must win situation. Friday night the tigers will only see white jerseys, not white jerseys that say wildcats or livingston academy.

Tidwell: like i said before, there is a world beyond coacht. Dekalb played a game on Friday Jan. 20 at home against Monterey it wasn't on the schedule and the score is not posted on caoacht (i think it was a make up game) DeKalb won 86-3?. I'm not bragging about beating a mediocre team, i'm just stating the facts.

You keep talking about LA's cockiness, and how you know them personally. Just who do you think is cocky? LA has a great group of kids on that team, however it seems like when you are on top and winning games people think you are cocky and don't like you when they really don't know you at all. Get to know the team and you just could find out that you like them. They just like to win as much as you and your team does and that does not spell cockiness. Looking forward to a great game Friday night, and DeKalb will be welcomed to the LA's gym as always

Go LA!!!!

Y'all are welcome Friday night. We appreciate it when teams bring their fans...It makes my job and my girls jobs' more challenging and fun. LA is ready....boys and fans. We have exceptional young men on our team who are confident...not cocky. There is a huge difference. I am sure that both teams have improved....most teams do toward the end of a season..right?? All the talk in the world won't matter a hill of beans if the players don't bring it on Friday night...so I say we all put on our best manners and school spirit and come support our teams...let's let the game settle all this mess.

Go CATS!!!!

Edited by MommaCheerCat