McMinn Central hopes still alive?

gamefan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With losses at Tyner and Tellico and still a road trip to Brainerd ahead, not to mention McMinn County, Cleveland, and Meigs at home. Can Central pull together a winning close of the season, and if not, will they produce in the District?

Central is going to be fine. the McMInn game doesn't count for nothing and if they finish in the top 3 they will be good to go. I still think they might be one or two years away from being a great team.

Central is going to be fine. the McMInn game doesn't count for nothing and if they finish in the top 3 they will be good to go. I still think they might be one or two years away from being a great team.

Thanks for the support Hater...your right Central will be just fine. I have always heard of home court advantage but i never really paid much attention to it until I saw the tyner game last week. I have never seen such a blatant display of favoritism by the refs in a game as I did at this one. I counted 5 over the back fouls that should have been called on tyner alone, not to mention the other kinds of fouls they missed. They were calling every little touch on Central and I think it spooked our girls. They backed off and weren't as aggressive as they can be. Tyner girls were all over us from that point on. I hope that if we play them again in the district that our girls don't carry the memory of that game with them. Don't get me wrong though, Tyner has improved a lot since we played them the first time, but Central girls are still better than they are.

Central will do fine. I guess so when your recruit the players from over here.

Careful Coach Q. When you live in a glass house, do not throw rocks.

It's all about choices.

K. Latham from Sweetwater is the last recruit you rode the back of to get to the state. I know two of the girls that are going over there that should have been ours, but had it not been Central it would been out of county, so at least they stayed in county.

Your doing a good job with the girls you've got now, concentrate on the games and

leave the stirring to other people. :unsure::(:lol:

Wow....CoachQ.....recruiting? When has there ever been recruiting? When has a Central coach ever recruited a girl or guy for that matter? When has a Central coach driven from Athens to the outskirts of Englewood to talk to a football player from Englewood Elementary? Never, the McMinn coaches took care of that. When has a Central coach gone to an Athens Elementary school and, with the principal of that school, told a player that they needed to go to a certain high school? You know, if they wanted to have a chance to play. Wait...again...McMinn coaches did that. The only recruiting that Central does or has ever done is win. Thats right. They make a habit of winning. Coaches don't get run off by parents. Coaches don't continually underachieve. And players are usually good people on and off the court. That is why basketball players choose and will continue to choose McMinn Central over McMinn. Central people don't look for excuses....they just get better. You want to learn how to do that. Feel free to come over and take notes.

By the way....I would shutter to think that this was actually the CoachQ making these accusations. Seems a little below the real CoachQ. Maybe you should think of a different name. You know, so people don't get the wrong impression about the real CoachQ.

Wow....CoachQ.....recruiting? When has there ever been recruiting? When has a Central coach ever recruited a girl or guy for that matter? When has a Central coach driven from Athens to the outskirts of Englewood to talk to a football player from Englewood Elementary? Never, the McMinn coaches took care of that. When has a Central coach gone to an Athens Elementary school and, with the principal of that school, told a player that they needed to go to a certain high school? You know, if they wanted to have a chance to play. Wait...again...McMinn coaches did that. The only recruiting that Central does or has ever done is win. Thats right. They make a habit of winning. Coaches don't get run off by parents. Coaches don't continually underachieve. And players are usually good people on and off the court. That is why basketball players choose and will continue to choose McMinn Central over McMinn. Central people don't look for excuses....they just get better. You want to learn how to do that. Feel free to come over and take notes.

By the way....I would shutter to think that this was actually the CoachQ making these accusations. Seems a little below the real CoachQ. Maybe you should think of a different name. You know, so people don't get the wrong impression about the real CoachQ.

just win? how many banners DOES central have hanging? good people and just win...that sure would make a good rap cd!!!

Is peaceoff20 the screenname of this assistant ladies' coach at McMinn Central that always seems to be the brunt of the criticism of recruiting? This person, whoever he may be, has a bit of a heated reaction for CoachQ's snide little remarks. Seems to be personally offended.

Can there be another Donnybrook of 2006 that involves Central's girl's assistant/peaceoff20 and Coach Quirk/CoachQ. Who has the weight advantage? We know Jerry is a great sprinter. Does Central's assistant have any claim to fame? What is it? Quick, we must analyze this fight before Tuesday night so our bookies can do their work.

Edited by atn301

It would seem to me that Coach Quirk should be screaming at his buddies Bob Williams and David Tucker. His "friends" are the ones recruiting players from McMinn County High such as Calhoun Elementary players (Trotter/Gutherie several more) and Athens Jr. High (Buckley girl) to Bradley County.

McMinn has lost a lot of tallent from Calhoun to Walker Valley. They have not lost the talent to McMinn Central. Even if that statement was true, at least they are loyal to McMinn County.

Come on Quirk, you know the integrity of Coach Armstrong and Coach Morgan, I can't believe after all the years you taught with them, you could or would even make that stupid statement.

Fans have gotten tired of the crybabying from McMinn, first Bob Williams, Keith Elliott and now you.

You are a better person that!

It would seem to me that Coach Quirk should be screaming at his buddies Bob Williams and David Tucker. His "friends" are the ones recruiting players from McMinn County High such as Calhoun Elementary players (Trotter/Gutherie several more) and Athens Jr. High (Buckley girl) to Bradley County.

MIndy Cox and Oasha Parks were also Calhoun that crossed the river to Walker Valley.

Honna Housley and Katie Blevins from Calhoun chose Central. I would rather

see them go to Central then cross the river.

• 4 weeks later...

With losses at Tyner and Tellico and still a road trip to Brainerd ahead, not to mention McMinn County, Cleveland, and Meigs at home. Can Central pull together a winning close of the season, and if not, will they produce in the District?

Central's hopes are definitely alive after the big win against Cleveland. They seem to be coming together as a team.

It could be the underdogs they will win the state this year.

GO LADYS!

Central's hopes are definitely alive after the big win against Cleveland. They seem to be coming together as a team.

It could be the underdogs they will win the state this year.

GO LADYS!

Surely that is a typographical error. You don't REALLY believe that McMinn Central will win the state in Women's basketball, do you? Now, now, calm down. Coming together as a team is one thing, winning your final 5 games against better teams away from your home is a much different one.