Referees

MECANER

"Can anyone state the rule for when a player's shoe comes off or is untied?"

if the shoeless player's team has the ball, or during a dead ball, the officials can stop play for shoeing. if the other team has the ball, shoeless joe will just have to tough it out until a possession change, or dead ball.

the same rule applies to injuries, altho they will stop play at any time they believe the injured player is in danger.

by the way, officiating wont "cost" a team a game.

the way a team responds to officiating will.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Can anyone state the rule for when a player's shoe comes off or is untied?"

if the shoeless player's team has the ball, or during a dead ball, the officials can stop play for shoeing. if the other team has the ball, shoeless joe will just have to tough it out until a possession change, or dead ball.

the same rule applies to injuries, altho they will stop play at any time they believe the injured player is in danger.

by the way, officiating wont "cost" a team a game.

the way a team responds to officiating will.

Great post, in most all cases of that "late game bad call" costing a team a game, if the team had shot better than oh say 60% from the line, or not blown a couple of wide open layups, the late call would not have made a difference. The stats are not from any game in particular, just to make a point. There is usually someting that happened earlier in the game that could have made the "bad call" no big deal. Don't get me wrong, there are BAD calls made, most all are honest mistakes, on a split second call, not all but most. Most refs try to do the best job they can. And having been a ref several years ago, it is indeed a "thankless" job. Not trying to speak directly to the game in question here because I did not see it, just one man's opinion.

Can anyone state the rule for when a player's shoe comes off or is untied? Because last night in the McNairy Central vs Adamsville game, one of McNairy's players lost his shoe and had to play the whole next possession holding a shoe in his hand. Then, later on in the game, Adamsville inbounded the ball and was heading up court when the referee stopped the game to let an Adamsville player tie his shoe....The same referee that stopped the game to let him tie his shoe was chatting with Adamsville players all night. I was just curious about the rule for untied shoes or shoes coming off.

[/quo

His shoe came untied before he got the timeout called, his shoe came untied while he was running down the court, he told the ref he needed time out but he was on d and the ref wouldnt call it so when he got the rebound the ref called the timeout

HMMM DONT KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT ONE , BUT I HAVE A REF COMPLAINT , HAHAHA AND ID LIKE A REF IF POSSIBLE TO ANSWER THIS ONE, WHY DO REFS CALL SOMETHING THAT IS NOT IN THERE AREA HUUUUUUUGH MAN THATS ANNOYING WHEN A POST PLAYERS SHOT GETS BLOCKED AND THE REF AT HALFCOURT MAKES THE CALL AND THE REF THAT IS AT THE BASELINE DOES NOT MAKE THE CALL, WHY IS THAT?!?!?!?!

HMMM DONT KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT ONE , BUT I HAVE A REF COMPLAINT , HAHAHA AND ID LIKE A REF IF POSSIBLE TO ANSWER THIS ONE, WHY DO REFS CALL SOMETHING THAT IS NOT IN THERE AREA HUUUUUUUGH MAN THATS ANNOYING WHEN A POST PLAYERS SHOT GETS BLOCKED AND THE REF AT HALFCOURT MAKES THE CALL AND THE REF THAT IS AT THE BASELINE DOES NOT MAKE THE CALL, WHY IS THAT?!?!?!?!

Anyway, I doubt you're in Advanced English.... Don't you guys have anything better to do than criticize ref's....MECANER didn't say anything about bad calls on both sides of the ball, he only hates it when they don't make calls in his favor...Guys, grow up, HSBB is a game, and it always will be..

i dont know about anyone else, but from all iv seen this year, the refs have been callin worse than i have ever seen, whether watchin our games or other teams play, the refs this year are horrible....the worst game iv seen tho was probably saturday night, from the refs of the freshmen waverly dickson game callin that a tie after only 2 OTs.....then the varsity games were horrible, 1 parent kicked out, and a couple more close to it....but maybe they'll get better and at least jus let the kids play, dont jus call sumthin cuz your bored.... :D

i dont know about anyone else, but from all iv seen this year, the refs have been callin worse than i have ever seen, whether watchin our games or other teams play, the refs this year are horrible....the worst game iv seen tho was probably saturday night, from the refs of the freshmen waverly dickson game callin that a tie after only 2 OTs.....then the varsity games were horrible, 1 parent kicked out, and a couple more close to it....but maybe they'll get better and at least jus let the kids play, dont jus call sumthin cuz your bored.... :D

Oh jeez, that JV crock again. Give it a break. No matter how much you would like to say those games count, T$$AA doesn't care and neither should their officials. JV is to get ready for varsity. There is no reason for them to play all night.

Edited by Dawg05

i dont know about anyone else, but from all iv seen this year, the refs have been callin worse than i have ever seen, whether watchin our games or other teams play, the refs this year are horrible....the worst game iv seen tho was probably saturday night, from the refs of the freshmen waverly dickson game callin that a tie after only 2 OTs.....then the varsity games were horrible, 1 parent kicked out, and a couple more close to it....but maybe they'll get better and at least jus let the kids play, dont jus call sumthin cuz your bored.... ;)

If refs can't take verbal abuse they need to find another job. Someone is always going to disagree with a call and the fans have the right to complain. When a ref seems to be joking with one coach and the other team's fans get on him about it he has security go sit in that section so he doesn't have to listen to it. It they don't want the abuse give up the job.

Oh jeez, that JV crock again. Give it a break. No matter how much you would like to say those games count, T$$AA doesn't care and neither should their officials. JV is to get ready for varsity. There is no reason for them to play all night.

well i did not mean to make it sound like the stupid freshmen games matter, i agree with you, they are no count, all i was sayin was that whole night was full of bad refs.....it would be nice just to watch a game where the refs wouldnt call anything on neither one of the teams for at least 2 mins...