Warren Cty @ Cookeville

redthunder6

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong again Phoenix. The incredible Matt Cotten foul on the 3 was in the new gym. That was a game. Oh, for the the olden days.

Not happening Tuesday night. Man, I don't know what happened against Tullahoma, wasn't there, but I heard we played OK in the second half. That's news.

Siegel, well, outmanned, outtalled, and just outplayed. However, I have never seen a high school team attempt a comeback from a 2-3. That was interesting :thumb:

Keep playing hard guys, when you're allowed to.

Phoenix, man chill. I don't know why you get so offended. I just call them like I see them. There is a lack of depth, I understand that. However, choosing defenses, offensive plays, etc. lies squarely with the coach. A 2/3 Zone is much more conducive to holding a lead than making a comeback.

The comment about being allowed to involves the freedom, or lack thereof, the players are given. When they played all out in the first half against Lebanon, they succeeded. When they were reined in in the second half, no field goals for 14 minutes. You tell me what works.

Nothing personal against anyone. Just dissappointed to see a team with a lot of talent be wasted. It will be a while before there is another senior class like this one.

I am not offended but it seems like you have alot of negativity towards the coach.

your right about the seniors they do have a nice group of talent. I wasn't at the games all last week, and there is something that is needed for them to come out and be productive in the second half I just don't know how it is going to happen.

Guys, I hate to be condenscending all the time it seems but as someone who knows and has spoken to Bobby Luna several times, one of the more respected coaches in the mid-state, I can honestly say that Ryan Smith is a darn good coach, and will in due time, have success.

However, you guys continue to act like this team has talent and its the coaches fault which would be true if that were the case. But this team just simply does not have talent. Like I've said before, Majors and Glenn could play ROLES on some other teams in the district, but are not stars. Weir will be good in future as he's a project right now. So in other words, what you are getting now, winless in district play, should be expected and thats just the truth.

As someone who has watched these same guys play together for a long time, the talent is there. If you think that Majors and Glenn wouldn't be impact players on other teams, you're kidding yourself and selling them short. Also, you are forgetting Wood and Swann. Both played on the Midstate Ballerz Select team that fiinished third in AAU state. Both of them have the best potential at the next level. All four of these guys could play on other teams in the district and region. I think all would start at Blackman or Coffee or a couple at Lebanon or Oakland or Riverdale. Don't sell the kids short.