Greeneville vs. Science hill

river271

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omar or any player in Northeast TN would be lucky to play at ETSU. To be honest with you, nobody in this area in the past 8 years or so has had enough talent to go to ETSU. Take a look at their roster page on their website..look at how many Mr. Basketball finalist and high-school stars they have. There is not a player in this area right now that could compete at the level ETSU competes at right now.

Get real people, name a player from Northeast TN that has went to a "Top Tier D1" school on scholarship.

And when did ETSU become a “Top Tier D1" school???! And out of all these “MR BASKETBALL” players that (you say) ETSU has on their team…how many were ranked as one of the top 100 recruits coming out of high school? And if they were ranked, do you think they would have pick ETSU??? And finally...why would Omar want to play at ETSU if he's being recruited by ANYBODY else??? The players in this area that are good enough to get a look from ETSU are more than likely getting the same look from schools not in their back yard... so most of the time State doesn’t bother. And as an athlete coming out of high school...the last thing you want is for your mom to be able to stop by your dorm room on her way home from work…if you can help it! ;)

And when did ETSU become a “Top Tier D1" school???! And out of all these “MR BASKETBALL” players that (you say) ETSU has on their team…how many were ranked as one of the top 100 recruits coming out of high school? And if they were ranked, do you think they would have pick ETSU??? And finally...why would Omar want to play at ETSU if he's being recruited by ANYBODY else??? The players in this area that are good enough to get a look from ETSU are more than likely getting the same look from schools not in their back yard... so most of the time State doesn’t bother. And as an athlete coming out of high school...the last thing you want is for your mom to be able to stop by your dorm room on her way home from work…if you can help it! ;)

They are NOT a top tier D1 school, that is what I am saying. Look at some of the good players they have on their roster and they are just a mid-major school. If Wiggins or Omar could not compete at ETSU how could they even think about going to one of the big D1 programs. Do you get what I am saying?

I guess some players would not like for their parents to drop by their dorm room, but wouldn't a player like it if their parents could get to see them play college ball anytime they had a home game?

I think if Science Hill's coach had enough sense to start and play Crowder and Omar at the same time, they would be hard to stop by anyone. I came to watch the Wiggins/Wattad match-up but was more impressed by the unstoppable Crowder. Greeneville had no answer for him. Without him this game could have been really ugly.

I agree with you to a certain extent. Having Crowder on the floor with Wattad really slows down Science Hill, however [Crowder is a very good player but he is quite slow]. So, if G'ville is able to get into any sort of transition game, Science Hill would be toast with Crowder in the game. I really think G'ville's overall team speed and quickness concerned Coach Cutlip. Certainly, if Science Hill is working from half court sets, the combination of Wattad and Crowder would be hard to beat because of Greeneville's lack of overall team height.

They are NOT a top tier D1 school, that is what I am saying. Look at some of the good players they have on their roster and they are just a mid-major school. If Wiggins or Omar could not compete at ETSU how could they even think about going to one of the big D1 programs. Do you get what I am saying?

I guess some players would not like for their parents to drop by their dorm room, but wouldn't a player like it if their parents could get to see them play college ball anytime they had a home game?

I get it. Of course that’s just your opinion which I respect…but disagree with. Let me say again that I haven’t seen Wiggins play so I can’t make an educated assessment of him, but I think Wattad could play at the ETSU level. You would be surprised to see what some these top athletes (Wattad, Wiggins, and others) can do when they are surrounded by other players that are as good or better than they are. Most of these guys are carrying their respected teams on there shoulders! I would go as fare as saying that 80% of the even the STARTERS in this area wouldn’t see the floor on many of the high school teams west of Nashville!! That’s why it’s almost impossible for some of the kids that are deserving to get the looks from the major schools. Why would they waist their time to come here and pick the 2 or 3 ripe apples of the tree when you can get a whole bushel from these other areas??!! That’s were AAU come in to play but even that doesn’t work in this area…because some of these backwards coaches are afraid to allow there player to play with these all star team in fear that the kids will leave their program for another. Aint that right brock20?!!! Not really looking out for the athletes’ best interest if you ask me. Especially when an AAU team that advances to the State and National level WILL BE SEEN!! And believe me these coaches and scouts are looking…even as early as ages 13 and 14…and if they see something they like they will follow that athlete’s high school carrier to see how they progress.