Best Heavys In State

WrestlersSister

Lets look at some facts: Sliger pins last year's DII champion Green of McCallie; defeats Still of Baylor in the McCallie Invitational finals and also defeats the Ryan wrestler in the same tournament. He has also beaten Zimmerman of Soddy Daisy twice, one with a pin; He defeated Jonah Stewart of McMinn Central in the finals of the Chattanooga Central and he has beaten Ben Murray of Science Hill at the Fandetti Brawl Finals. He is unbeaten. Cast my vote and that's no joke...No chads are hanging here.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By numbers my vote will go to Sliger (Ooltewah) who has proved to me that he deserves the #1 spot. The other men who have a chance is Vandergriff (Halls), Murray (Science Hill), Hill (Clarksville), Quick (Tullahoma), and Swinney (Overton) who I think is a terrible wrestler but he finds a way to win, which in this game counts. I think Still (Baylor) is way overrated, what is the big deal with his weight. Quick (Tullahoma) only weighs 229, and he is able to compete with the bigger wrestlers in his division, so please stop making excuses. I think just like every other weight class come state tournament is up for grabs. The top 6 wrestlers will be the ones that come ready for the weekend.

Edited by matcat

Lets look at some facts: Sliger pins last year's DII champion Green of McCallie; defeats Still of Baylor in the McCallie Invitational finals and also defeats the Ryan wrestler in the same tournament. He has also beaten Zimmerman of Soddy Daisy twice, one with a pin; He defeated Jonah Stewart of McMinn Central in the finals of the Chattanooga Central and he has beaten Ben Murray of Science Hill at the Fandetti Brawl Finals. He is unbeaten. Cast my vote and that's no joke...No chads are hanging here.

in DII and in our region i think that the three best heavys would be as followed

1. Sliger...he won the mccallie invitational and beat charles green

2. mclain still...beat by sliger but he pinned defending state champ charles green

3. Charles green...defending state champ, but has been beat quite a bit this year

and matcat..by the way...there is no big deal about stills weight hes just ar eally light heavy and for him to have done so well this year is quite and accomplishment.

Sommers:

Elizabethtons heavy who weighs 230 also has only lost to Murray in tn. 4-2 close match. He is 31-4 his other loses are to ranked wrestlers or state medalist from N.C.

He won Smyrna where Hill from Clarksville placed 4th. His 4 loses are by a total 8 points. Has 28 pins, 1 major 1 reg dec. and 1 forfiet. Thanks for asking. Hes had a good season.

Edited by Drem2Achev

I don't think that Quick is that great of a heavyweight. If a heavyweight shoots he is going to have the other person surprised because nobody wants to be on bottom of that much weight. Quick beat me in the Soddy tournament with a trip which should of never happened but it did. He doesn't strike me as an amazing heavy. Sliger is a good heavyweight because he keeps constant pressure on you and he gets you frustrated easily. He beat me at the beginning of the year by two points and he didn't let up the whole time we were out there .

I don't think that Quick is that great of a heavyweight. If a heavyweight shoots he is going to have the other person surprised because nobody wants to be on bottom of that much weight. Quick beat me in the Soddy tournament with a trip which should of never happened but it did. He doesn't strike me as an amazing heavy. Sliger is a good heavyweight because he keeps constant pressure on you and he gets you frustrated easily. He beat me at the beginning of the year by two points and he didn't let up the whole time we were out there .

you must have not been watching Quick wrestle it doesn't matter if he trip you and pinned you he beat you and thats all there is to it . He is very good off of bottom even if he weighs 225 he is fast enough and strong enough to get off of bottom he can take any heavyweight down on his feet and he can get off of bottom. So he is a good heayweight hes 39-4 with lose to the top rankings with 37 pins, and that just proves if he took you down on your feet and pinned you hes good enough to take ppl down