East tenn 3a basketball

Eggs_suck

I did not mean to ruffle any feathers, just making an observation that someone other than Science Hill has the ability to compete from East Tennessee. You are correct, Red Bank did beat Greeneville at their place in overtime but Greeneville did win by 19 at home in a game that Red Bank was not in after halftime, so that qualifies as "handled easily" in their most recent game. My point is that Red Bank is talented, therefore; if Greeneville is good enough to handle Red Bank (even once), then they have the ability to match up in the state tournament.

I was at the red bank greeneville game. Red bank is talented in that they are quick and run good but they are way to one dimensional to be considered a top 10 team. If you can handle their pressure and slow it down on them they struggle big time. Any good coach will realize this and do it to them. Name me 3 solid teams red bank has beat. For that matter name me 3 greeneville has beat.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all five of greeneville's starters can light it up on any given night. We can not help what conference we are in. All that matters are the post season tournaments in which greeneville will win. and the comment about not being able to match up against teams with a good inside game. Who does science hill have besides forney and wattad. I beleive thats only two players against our so call three that we have, and I believe to get to state thats what we have to get through. Greeneville will shock everyone at the end of the season because they just keep getting better.

It is quite obvious my friend that you have not attended a Science Hill game yet this year. And yes, I will admit that I have only seen Greenville once this year, that being your so called "Great Victory" over Red Bank, and Red Bank was talented, but extremely one dementional. The same can hold true for Greenville. Science Hill has been on a roll ever since the Arby's when the lost to the number 7 team in the ENTIRE NATION by 17 points. I might also mention the fact that Science Hill was tied with BA going in to the 2nd half. You say that the only players Science Hill have are Forney and Wattad. While these two young me may be granted the title of the two best on the team, when these guys have an off night, we have players who step it up, such as Nick Crowder (20 against Sullivan Central) and Wes Lauderback (13 against Central). Did I mention that these are POST PLAYERS? So for all you Greenville Fans who seem to be living in La-La land, WAKE UP because the toppers are going to work you.

I was at the red bank greeneville game. Red bank is talented in that they are quick and run good but they are way to one dimensional to be considered a top 10 team. If you can handle their pressure and slow it down on them they struggle big time. Any good coach will realize this and do it to them. Name me 3 solid teams red bank has beat. For that matter name me 3 greeneville has beat.

Down testostrone, down...the original comment was no one other than perhaps Science Hill and Bearden can compete in the state tournament - I think Greeneville can - not because they have played the best schedule or as good of one as Science Hill - but because they are well coached, have some talented players, play exceptional defense and are getting better as the year progresses. All a team can do is beat the teams they play, and recently, Greeneville has been doing just that. As for who has played who and basing all predictions on schedules, that can be misleading...As an example, Tennessee beat Texas, Oklahoma State beat Tennessee and Texas routed Oklahoma State...so who is better based on those factors? And before we crown anyone with D1 prospects as the heir to the state championship, I saw Science Hill beat Oak Hill Academy one year when they had Ron Mercer who is about as good of high school player as you will see...and he wasn't to shabby in college or the pros.

It is quite obvious my friend that you have not attended a Science Hill game yet this year. And yes, I will admit that I have only seen Greenville once this year, that being your so called "Great Victory" over Red Bank, and Red Bank was talented, but extremely one dementional. The same can hold true for Greenville. Science Hill has been on a roll ever since the Arby's when the lost to the number 7 team in the ENTIRE NATION by 17 points. I might also mention the fact that Science Hill was tied with BA going in to the 2nd half. You say that the only players Science Hill have are Forney and Wattad. While these two young me may be granted the title of the two best on the team, when these guys have an off night, we have players who step it up, such as Nick Crowder (20 against Sullivan Central) and Wes Lauderback (13 against Central). Did I mention that these are POST PLAYERS? So for all you Greenville Fans who seem to be living in La-La land, WAKE UP because the toppers are going to work you.

Nice post SHHS fan. No one remembers the days of jovaughn johnson, nat bailey, and mr fields Last time Greeneville thought they were great (and they were solid back then moreso than now) those boys came to hal henard and whipped them bad.

Nice post SHHS fan. No one remembers the days of jovaughn johnson, nat bailey, and mr fields Last time Greeneville thought they were great (and they were solid back then moreso than now) those boys came to hal henard and whipped them bad.

Eggs stink,

I know the name of a really good therapist. Calm down on G'ville. Don't make it so obvious you are a Devil hater.

Eggs stink,

I know the name of a really good therapist. Calm down on G'ville. Don't make it so obvious you are a Devil hater.

I am not a hater of any team. I just like to point the fatcs out. All greeneville has to boast about it beating red bank and I have made it clear what I think of their level of play. They are a string team in a weak weak conf, and maybe even a weak district. I started this whole saying that they will struggle to win a game at state, thats all.

I am not a hater of any team. I just like to point the fatcs out. All greeneville has to boast about it beating red bank and I have made it clear what I think of their level of play. They are a string team in a weak weak conf, and maybe even a weak district. I started this whole saying that they will struggle to win a game at state, thats all.

In the 4 years that you played ball.. did you ever go to state??

Talking about it from the sidelines is easy....But actually doing it (on the court) is harder then you think

In the 4 years that you played ball.. did you ever go to state??

Please tell me what that has anything to do with my ability to evaluate talent??

Talking about it from the sidelines is easy....But actually doing it (on the court) is harder then you think

Actually from the sidelines it is much easier to evaluate a team. While you are on the floor you cant see whats goin on all over the floor.

Please tell me what that has anything to do with my ability to evaluate talent??

Actually from the sidelines it is much easier to evaluate a team. While you are on the floor you cant see whats goin on all over the floor.

I just think your jealous of greeneville because you never had a chance to even go to state. Greeneville will get to state and this just makes you mad.

I just think your jealous of greeneville because you never had a chance to even go to state. Greeneville will get to state and this just makes you mad.

So for you character is defined by success?? Not me. Going to state was not a big deal for me when i played because it was unrealistic. I could care less of greeneville goes to state or not, but they are not a super human team. In the last 10 years this team is prob only the 3rd or 4th best by greeneville standards.

So for you character is defined by success?? Not me. Going to state was not a big deal for me when i played because it was unrealistic. I could care less of greeneville goes to state or not, but they are not a super human team. In the last 10 years this team is prob only the 3rd or 4th best by greeneville standards.

I will agree with you about being about the 3rd best team in the last ten years. But that doesn't matter. This team can play with anyone around here right now and that is what matters. If they had not lost Murner then this team would be a favorite to win state this year.