Best in Region 3-3A in '06

polk_wildcat

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know graduation hit 3 of the top 4 teams pretty hard. Polk has a good QB and some parts of thier defense coming back i believe. Meigs is DECIMATED up front, loosing 4 starters, three 3 year starters, but essentially returns everyone in the backfield. I know ND graduated 20+. We'll just have to wait and see...

Yeah Polk's upcoming QB(Haden Browder) is a very good QB. He had to step up this past season during the Sequoyah game when Trew was injured. On defense Polk lost the front d-linemen, 2 linebackers, and a safety. I believe the underclassmen will step up next season. On offense they lost 3 o-linemen, a QB, FB, RB, and a WB

Yeah Polk's upcoming QB(Haden Browder) is a very good QB. He had to step up this past season during the Sequoyah game when Trew was injured. On defense Polk lost the front d-linemen, 2 linebackers, and a safety. I believe the underclassmen will step up next season. On offense they lost 3 o-linemen, a QB, FB, RB, and a WB

Don't worry, Coach Davis and staff will find the right players for the job during the off-season. He has some very good assistants to help him including his father(Larry Davis), and Coach John Mackersie. By the time season roles around they will have the best person for the job in the game.

Don't worry, Coach Davis and staff will find the right players for the job during the off-season. He has some very good assistants to help him including his father(Larry Davis), and Coach John Mackersie. By the time season roles around they will have the best person for the job in the game.

I don't think there is any doubt about that.

What about Howard? Who do they lose? I know Darius McDonald will be gone, but who else? If it weren't for an overtmie loss at Meigs they would have been in the playoffs. I don't think its fair not to include them in this discussion. East Ridges QB will be back but I dont know who else. I don't know a lot about Grundy, and until Central and Tellico get coaches and Sequyah gets...well...whatever it is they need, i don't think they will be big factors in the region, at least not for some time.

What about Howard? Who do they lose? I know Darius McDonald will be gone, but who else? If it weren't for an overtmie loss at Meigs they would have been in the playoffs. I don't think its fair not to include them in this discussion. East Ridges QB will be back but I dont know who else. I don't know a lot about Grundy, and until Central and Tellico get coaches and Sequyah gets...well...whatever it is they need, i don't think they will be big factors in the region, at least not for some time.

Howard will be OK if the kids hit the books. They have to have a C to play. ER will be weak. Polk just reloads with big, slow players that run over people. ND should probably be the favorite. Three all-region linemen return. They'll be improved at QB, very solid in the receiving and secondary departments. Question marks are RB, kicking and replacing the leadership that this year's seniors brought.

Howard will be OK if the kids hit the books. They have to have a C to play. ER will be weak. Polk just reloads with big, slow players that run over people. ND should probably be the favorite. Three all-region linemen return. They'll be improved at QB, very solid in the receiving and secondary departments. Question marks are RB, kicking and replacing the leadership that this year's seniors brought.

I would think the big ? would be the linebackers. It will be hard to replace Merideth and Hayduck. I hope i spelled those right.

I would think the big ? would be the linebackers. It will be hard to replace Merideth and Hayduck. I hope i spelled those right.

No doubt those are two big losses. Meredith's shoes are huge with his play and his leadership. They have some kids who will fill in well, especially behind what should be a good D line.

Depth will be an issue.

No doubt those are two big losses. Meredith's shoes are huge with his play and his leadership. They have some kids who will fill in well, especially behind what should be a good D line.

Depth will be an issue.

I can agree, because Meredith and Notre Dame's defense played a big role in their win over us in the region championship.