Best in Region 3-3A in '06

polk_wildcat

mcminn central has a great freshman class and even better class coming in return alot of good ath so do not be suprised by them if they ever get a new coach

Will the new coach fix the lines in the field? I hope not, i always get a good laugh by looking at them. But seriously, McMinn Central wont conten dfor some time. I mean, its McMinn Central...and football...I kinda need a shower just sayin the two at the same time...

Who will fill in the left side of the line for Polk?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the new coach fix the lines in the field? I hope not, i always get a good laugh by looking at them. But seriously, McMinn Central wont conten dfor some time. I mean, its McMinn Central...and football...I kinda need a shower just sayin the two at the same time...

Who will fill in the left side of the line for Polk?

Polk didn't really lose the left side. They lost the left guard, center and right tackle. But they still have BIG Ryan St.John at left tackle.

Ok then, heres my prediction.

1. Meigs-biggest reason is QB Tyler Roberts and FB Tyler Mobriant. Plus They get ND and Polk at home

1. Polk- lots comin back, should have a very solid year. Should be between them and Meigs in week 7

3. Notre Dame- lots of talent, too many ?'s

4. Howard-Talent will be there, just not enough there to do a lot of damage YET

5. East Ridge-QB will get All-Region, nobody else will though

6. Grundy-Not this year

7. McMinn Central-Baby blue, need i say more

8. Tellico-At least they'll beat Sequyah

9. Sequayah-Nice music at the stadium...?

Ok then, heres my prediction.

1. Meigs-biggest reason is QB Tyler Roberts and FB Tyler Mobriant. Plus They get ND and Polk at home

1. Polk- lots comin back, should have a very solid year. Should be between them and Meigs in week 7

3. Notre Dame- lots of talent, too many ?'s

4. Howard-Talent will be there, just not enough there to do a lot of damage YET

5. East Ridge-QB will get All-Region, nobody else will though

6. Grundy-Not this year

7. McMinn Central-Baby blue, need i say more

8. Tellico-At least they'll beat Sequyah

9. Sequayah-Nice music at the stadium...?

what are you smokin? Meigs lost 12 seniors off of a team that i personally thought overachieved --how can you pick them to win the region when they lost their entire off. line and def. line.---I think you have to pick polk county by far and away number 1 and meigs any where from 3 to 5.--it is just to hard to overcome that big of a loss up front from meigs. Oh yeah i almost forgot coach martin can not beat coach davis from polk --he never has so far and i dont see it coming anytime soon.,-- Im not knocking coach martin i just dont see meigs with any athletes coming in.. their little league program is not very good and to be honest with you meigs doesnt have that many athletes that is why i said at the beginning i think meigs overachieved this past season and the coaching staff did a good job.

I agree with you, Meigs overachieved last year. My picks are

1)Notre Dame

2) Polk

3) Howard

4) Meigs

5) East Ridge

6) Grundy

7) Central

8) Tellico

9) Sequoyah

I'd say that's about right, especially if ND can find a breakaway RB. They'll have a solid backfield as is, but a breakway guy could mean the difference between solid and capable of going far. They'll be fairly solid everywhere else.

Howard probably has the most talent, but until they learn to run more than

1) Iso

2) Sweep

3) FB Dive

4) Throw it as far as you can

then they will lose several games. The games they won last year were won on talent alone. This is a program that could be more than a sleeping giant if the right coach took over.

Howard probably has the most talent, but until they learn to run more than

1) Iso

2) Sweep

3) FB Dive

4) Throw it as far as you can

then they will lose several games. The games they won last year were won on talent alone. This is a program that could be more than a sleeping giant if the right coach took over.

The right coach is there. You've got to give him more than one year to turn things around, especially there, where just getting kids to show up to practice is job No. 1.

Coach Tarver is the perfect guy for Howard and he will do well.

what are you smokin? Meigs lost 12 seniors off of a team that i personally thought overachieved --how can you pick them to win the region when they lost their entire off. line and def. line.---I think you have to pick polk county by far and away number 1 and meigs any where from 3 to 5.--it is just to hard to overcome that big of a loss up front from meigs. Oh yeah i almost forgot coach martin can not beat coach davis from polk --he never has so far and i dont see it coming anytime soon.,-- Im not knocking coach martin i just dont see meigs with any athletes coming in.. their little league program is not very good and to be honest with you meigs doesnt have that many athletes that is why i said at the beginning i think meigs overachieved this past season and the coaching staff did a good job.

Meigs didn't really lose 12 seniors, they really only lost 5. 3 linemen, a TE/DE, and a WB/DB. The coaching staff did a very good job last year, which is one of the main reasons i picked them. A lot of young guys saw playing time last year and will contribute next year. The backfield is almost entirely intact and the center is the only position up front that will need filling because every other position will be filled with a player that started at least one game at that position last year. Defensively they will be fine as long as Charlie Mobriant stays healthy and the defensive line still has familiar faces on it. If you noticed, I had Polk and Meigs tied for first because I really couldn't pick a winner. I just think that Meigs will continue to overacheive and surprise some people next year.

Meigs didn't really lose 12 seniors, they really only lost 5. 3 linemen, a TE/DE, and a WB/DB. The coaching staff did a very good job last year, which is one of the main reasons i picked them. A lot of young guys saw playing time last year and will contribute next year. The backfield is almost entirely intact and the center is the only position up front that will need filling because every other position will be filled with a player that started at least one game at that position last year. Defensively they will be fine as long as Charlie Mobriant stays healthy and the defensive line still has familiar faces on it. If you noticed, I had Polk and Meigs tied for first because I really couldn't pick a winner. I just think that Meigs will continue to overacheive and surprise some people next year.

I didnt mean to come across as being mean or trying to start some trash talking on here at all, so if you took it that way i am sorry ----I guess i was just more suprised that meigs could be considered for the top spot. I am very well connected to the school and i can tell meigs is going through rough times as far as atletics are concerned. There is no school spirit at all -- i attended a pep rally last year and it was embarrasing--absolutely no school spirit at all--add this to your always crazy parents that are involved in any program and i think coach martin and his staff do a great job. Not much to work with but the kids they have play hard. i would think it would be difficult to tell me one region team that meigs had more overall talent. I didnt see any teams that i felt we (meigs) were more talented. Meigs better hope martin stays and find somewhere that the students actually care about the school and has a few more athletes.

I didnt mean to come across as being mean or trying to start some trash talking on here at all, so if you took it that way i am sorry ----I guess i was just more suprised that meigs could be considered for the top spot. I am very well connected to the school and i can tell meigs is going through rough times as far as atletics are concerned. There is no school spirit at all -- i attended a pep rally last year and it was embarrasing--absolutely no school spirit at all--add this to your always crazy parents that are involved in any program and i think coach martin and his staff do a great job. Not much to work with but the kids they have play hard. i would think it would be difficult to tell me one region team that meigs had more overall talent. I didnt see any teams that i felt we (meigs) were more talented. Meigs better hope martin stays and find somewhere that the students actually care about the school and has a few more athletes.

I understand. It really is sad to see the school spirit level at the school. However, I believe that as long as the players still care, thats all that matters. Ever since Martin has come to Meigs, the tigers seem to do good with what they have. They compete the entire game and end up in a good spot to win. Coach Baker, the DC, seems to always have a scheme that works. All the other coaches do a good job. I just thought with what they have coming up and what they have left that they may just pull it off. This is the same team who was tied with ND and Polk at halftime with the scores 0-0 and 7-7 and lost to East Ridge by three 40+ yard field goals. I think the style of ball they play they could do it...