Best in Region 3-3A in '06

polk_wildcat

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be one freshman lineman and one, maybe two skill persons that will contribute off the bat, but they are all good players. I just think the way meigs plays and competes they will have a chance. Anyways, what kind of Meigs supprter thinks they will get beat by McMinn Central??? ;):blink:

I am the biggest meigs county supporter that there is ---I am just saying talent wise and athletic wise mcminn central along with every other region team will have a good chance to beat meigs. --meigs has very little speed and i just think they are out athleted evertime they go on the field. dont question my loyalty to the tigers i just look at things realistically.

I am the biggest meigs county supporter that there is ---I am just saying talent wise and athletic wise mcminn central along with every other region team will have a good chance to beat meigs. --meigs has very little speed and i just think they are out athleted evertime they go on the field. dont question my loyalty to the tigers i just look at things realistically.

I understand, but it was the same way last year and Meigs still did well. They held ND's Devon Carthorn to less than 80 yards!!! Thats the same RB that ran for 250 on 11 tries against Tellico. They would have been 8-2 and 3rd in the region if ER didn't have the golden child at kicker (not a knock on ER, that guy was on that night). Yeah everybody has better athletes, but except for 93-95 and 98-2000 and a couple of years back in the day they always have.

I understand, but it was the same way last year and Meigs still did well. They held ND's Devon Carthorn to less than 80 yards!!! Thats the same RB that ran for 250 on 11 tries against Tellico. They would have been 8-2 and 3rd in the region if ER didn't have the golden child at kicker (not a knock on ER, that guy was on that night). Yeah everybody has better athletes, but except for 93-95 and 98-2000 and a couple of years back in the day they always have.

I agree with you but i have one question . --what do you contribute this to as far as being able to compete on a consistent basis ?--communtiy, players ,coaches, etc. or a combination of all.

I agree with you but i have one question . --what do you contribute this to as far as being able to compete on a consistent basis ?--communtiy, players ,coaches, etc. or a combination of all.

It has to go in this order:

Coaches-Did more with what they had then they've been given credit for

Players-Obviously have to play a role somewhere

Administration-Hiring new, good coaches and making an effort to keep the ones they have

The community is supportive but no near as much as in the past. Attendance does seem like it has risen in the past couple of years though.

The team was relatively Young lastyear... And alot of the Freshman players who took the year off for Baseball are playing again... Which should help... They have 6'4'' 300 pd John Cunningham coming back(he didnt get to play all year last year because of a 4wheeler wreck and he broke is leg :( ) along with Runningbacks Skylar Seals, and J.C. Mcfarland.... both started as Sophmores Mcfarland at Defensive back, and Seals at RB and Defensive back, and both play at 100 mph everydown... The quarterback will be young... But I personally believe if the coaches stick with him he will be one of the best the Counties seen ever. He has a great arm for as young as he is and did. And if Wide Reciever Johnathon Meeks cant step up at the Wideout postion (hes about 6'3'' 175) They should do pretty good on offense...Rb/Lb Jesse Totherow should be a "STUD" by the time hes a junior and should make a huge impact on the field this year..

As for defense they should be solid with If some of the younger defensive lineman step up... The defensive backfield should be fine... and The linebackers corp will be full of Hardhitters as long as LB Jeff Aaron who enjoys to lay the wood is back there... and is getting ALOT stronger in the offseason than he was last year...

If basketball players Jake Patton and Johnny Braden decide to play they could help ALOT at skill postions.. (patton started as a freshman in basketball, Braden played a heck of alot and is one of the toughest guys I know)

Maybe 2 or 3 freshman coming in that could compete for playing time.

The right Coaches are there, Kids are starting to come out again which is a plus.

All in all They should be alot better than last year's team , but will be a young team once again... If they have a couple more guys come out and stick with it (unlike years past when they at the beginning of the season have 50 kids and at the end have 35) They could contend for region ... but thats just my opinion(and lots of if's and an's)

Edited by Grundyplayer