Best in Region 3-3A in '06

polk_wildcat

You are right, I should give coach Tarver more time. They do have better athletes than almost everyone they play though. I hope he can learn to utilize them. Maybe another year is all he needs. They were one of youngest teams in region last year.

I know Coach Tarver and have the highest regard for him. He coached most of the players in middle school. Talent is not his biggest challenge at Howard. Getting the kids to understand that they have to show up and attend class is probably his toughest challenge and that will take time. Hopefully for him/them, the fact that McDonald may get to play college ball will serve as inspiration to others.

Coach Tarver is the right man for Howard.

Edited by Rabble Rouser

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, Meigs overachieved last year. My picks are

1)Notre Dame

2) Polk

3) Howard

4) Meigs

5) East Ridge

6) Grundy

7) Central

8) Tellico

9) Sequoyah

I would say you could move Sequoyah in front of Tellico and Central considering they aren't going to have coaches. Maybe the boys can pull it off by themselves.

I know Coach Tarver and have the highest regard for him. He coached most of the players in middle school. Talent is not is biggest challenge at Howard. Getting the kids to understand that they have to show and attend class is probably his toughest challenge and that will take time. Hopefully for him/them, the fact that McDonald may get to play college ball will serve as inspiration to others.

Coach Tarver is the right man for Howard.

Wasn't this his first year in High School? I think once he gets a couple of years, with the athletes he has they could be the sleeper of the region. Johnny Boy is right though, they need more diversity, especially in the passing game. I think they would do good with a VT style option offense.

Tellico and Sequoyah over McMinn Central?

I question that pick myself---I really do think mcminn central has some of the best young talent coming up in the entire region. It hurts me to say that being a meigs county tiger supporter--but i do think this could be the year the chargers beat the tigers--they have alot more athletes than meigs.

I question that pick myself---I really do think mcminn central has some of the best young talent coming up in the entire region. It hurts me to say that being a meigs county tiger supporter--but i do think this could be the year the chargers beat the tigers--they have alot more athletes than meigs.

Are you serious? They lose their entire offense except for Nick Davis. If they beat Meigs they'll have to wait a year, it'll take time to develop that young talent, especially with a new coach and new system.

Edited by Rt-21CBTrap

Are you serious? They lose their entire offense except for Nick Davis. If they beat Meigs they'll have to wait a year, it'll take time to develop that young talent, especially with a new coach and new system.

I just really think that meigs may be down this year ---especially if they have an injury or two-which i guess can be said about anyone. They just lost to much experience up front on both sides of the ball. I think with the personel they have they will have to again try and run a ball control offense and pick their spots to throw. Every body says they have a senior qb coming back --but does he have anyone to throw it to is really the question. The skill people just arent there.

I just really think that meigs may be down this year ---especially if they have an injury or two-which i guess can be said about anyone. They just lost to much experience up front on both sides of the ball. I think with the personel they have they will have to again try and run a ball control offense and pick their spots to throw. Every body says they have a senior qb coming back --but does he have anyone to throw it to is really the question. The skill people just arent there.

He loses his tight end but the back-up is just as good if not better, plus he has the same wide-out and a freshman comin up who should contribute big time. The QB is a better runner anyways. And if you've read the other thread you'd see MC isn't in the best shape either. Your very right about one thing though, an injury will be the straw that broke the camels back.

Meigs should be as good if not better than in 2005. They have 4 or 5 incoming freshman that should compete for playing time. 3 skill players and a couple of linemen. Add that to the USUAL 5 or 6 "seniors" who decide they want to play football their last year of high school. They are athletic, just wish they would have played before their senior season.

Meigs should be as good if not better than in 2005. They have 4 or 5 incoming freshman that should compete for playing time. 3 skill players and a couple of linemen. Add that to the USUAL 5 or 6 "seniors" who decide they want to play football their last year of high school. They are athletic, just wish they would have played before their senior season.

you kind of just proved my point about meigs not having alot of speed or skill people when you said there are 5 or 6 freshmen coming in or some new kids deciding that they want to play usually means that there is not much to work with if freshman can come in and contribute immediatley. dont get me wrong here --i hope i am wrong and meigs wins the region --i just believe they are a little behind the 8 ball when freshman have to come in and contribute right off the bat.--just hope the crazies dont give the staff a hard time if it doesnt work out like they want it to.--the coaching staff does a good job there and they deserve a lot of credit along with the players who go in short handed on almost every friday night.