Is this a down year for the Chattanooga Area?

bramblehood

i know AAA hasn't been the same since the '03 '04 season when justin hare, kellen pickel, cori pugh, jujuan smith, sherman moton, andre mapp, victory taylor, tim cooper, zach hyatte, and many more players graduated, district 5 and 6 AAA sort of dropped off after that, where red bank is probably the only really quality team out of all those, but like i said, give the area 2 more years and they will be competitive across the state in every division not just single A, because there seems to be a lot of young talent since most of the schools around here are starting a lot of sophs and juniors

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Chattanooga is having a down couple of seasons. CCS isn't as good, CSAS has one really solid player (I think we can all see that from last night), and even a team like Grace, which is having a great year (ranked high in A) is lost a game to McCallie (yes a game is only 1 game but still it's a game). Chattanooga basketball used to be fantastic. It hasn't been in the last several years. I think the talent in the city can compare to the best in the state, but the players are going all over the place. There are a lot of good players, but most of them are all playing on different teams. If some players would get together on one team they would have one of the best in the state.

I think Chattanooga is having a down couple of seasons. CCS isn't as good, CSAS has one really solid player (I think we can all see that from last night), and even a team like Grace, which is having a great year (ranked high in A) is lost a game to McCallie (yes a game is only 1 game but still it's a game). Chattanooga basketball used to be fantastic. It hasn't been in the last several years. I think the talent in the city can compare to the best in the state, but the players are going all over the place. There are a lot of good players, but most of them are all playing on different teams. If some players would get together on one team they would have one of the best in the state.

I would have to agree with you Coniglio (as well as Ice Cold). Talent- wise this year isn't as strong as last year (2004-2005) or the 2002- 2003 year. The talent is spread across the county, and I think that it has some advantages and disadvantages. An advantage is that it gives some kids to play that normally might not make some of the better squads from the 70's, 80's & 90's. It also should force (I hope) coaches to develop a team concept and teach better basketball. There are several disadvantages. Teams are watered down, and it limits the number of competitive squads. It also, to a certain extent, limits the development of players because you have younger players that are coming along not being pushed because the upper classmen ahead of them are no better than they are. One last area (that I can think of) that this hurts is recruiting. Coaches are drawn to winning programs, as well as programs with "multiple talents". IT allows them to make the most of their recruiting dollar and these programs will probably advance far into the State Tournaments (where there are other talent loaded squads), which will allow recruiters to stretch their money even more.

Ooltewah has come a long way since the beginning of the season. Grace has gotten better even reuniting with Nick. Grace has Carter inside and Davis with those 3's. Ooltewah plays them this coming tuesday at the nest. Who is going to stop David Dance from hitting his unbelieveable 3's, and who is going to watch up to Carter? Come out and see who will bring it.

I would say Ooltewah should be a little more concerned stopping Eldridges outside shots than Grace stopping Dance's. Eldridge could possibly be the best shooter in the city.

I have said this before and I will say it again there are too many darn schools in Chattanooga. All of the Talent spread out around the city so it seems to me that every team has one good player and 4 scrubs. with the exception of the upper tier teams like Temple Grace Mcminn Central... just to name a few. Look at the district that CSAS is in those teams are terrible. when I was at CSAS our District consisted of GRace Temple Lookout Valley S. Pitt Sale Creek CCS . Now you have Silverdale Richard Hardy... etc its just too many schools

I think Temple and Grace should combine. They would still be a single A school. Can you imagine the lineup? Carter, skogen, eldridge, and Dee Newson? Pick another starter, it really wouldnt matter. I know this will never happen, but i thought it was an entertaning idea.

I think Temple and Grace should combine. They would still be a single A school. Can you imagine the lineup? Carter, skogen, eldridge, and Dee Newson? Pick another starter, it really wouldnt matter. I know this will never happen, but i thought it was an entertaning idea.

Van Horn would be the other starter. It would be a great team but then you just lose the rivalry...

If you did a combination like that, I would say "Gremple" (new school name) would be the best in Single A. Could anyone beat them? Yes I know I know, the West is amazing, but I think a team like "Gremple" would be unstoppable. You would have a consistant three point shooting team, one of the best defensive teams, big guys(Josh and Carter), speed, and great ball handlers.