Sycamore's week ahead.

megustabasquetbol

You don't know this genius but I guess Sycamore must be pretty darn good by what you are saying. How????? It takes a pretty good team to win by double digits when they obviously got outplayed. Heck had Sycamore actually played well they'd have won by 50.

They won by double digits because Waverly was forced to foul at the end after they had already gone to the free throw line twice as much as Waverly with some one sided officiating. That's ok. We'll see in the end. Sycamore is a really good team, but not a state tournament team. They just don't have what it takes. They were very scared last night. Remember this is how they looked. :lol:B):blink:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep hating on Sycamore. Waverly hit everything they threw up and didnt play physical enough to make it to the line. Sycamore can actually play defense without fouling. Sycamore was not on their A game at all but they will be ready next week against Fairview and Harpeth!!

I don't hate Sycamore. I am proud that you all support your school. But the fact remains that you have to bring your A game every night in the tournament. And I am not basing my opinion on one game. When Sycamore beat Waverly by 38 early in the year, I said then they were really good, but not a state tournament team. They will not make it out of the region. That's my opinion and a lot of others not Waverly fans who I've heard say the same. No team in our District will get the opportunity to play past the region.

Guest catfish-hunter

Sycamore could make noise if they bring their A game to regions. They lost to bolivar by 6 two years ago. Both teams have gotten stronger though.

Bolivar beat Sycamore by 10-points two years ago in the substate game at Bolivar. The final score was 61-51 I believe. Bolivar jumped out to an 18-2 lead at home in that game and Sycamore rallied behind the shapshooting of an unknown underclassman named Jesse Moulton (who hit everything he threw up that night) and eventually tied the game up at 45-45 I believe. Bolivar had a big man playing at the time named Brian Lake who banked home a three pointer and another big man named Olajuwaun Kemp who rejected what looked to be a sure layup by former War Eagle standout Adam Tinch. Those two guys along with the sharpshooting of two guards named Becton and Walker and the great play by a sophomore point guard named Willie Kemp was the difference.

From that team Bolivar has no Brian Lake (playing at MTSU), no Olajuwaun Kemp, and nobody who can shoot the rock like Becton or Walker. I saw Bolivar play the last two years in Murfreesboro against Jackson South Side and Raleigh Egypt (I also saw both semifinal games against MLK). Those were two extremely talented basketball teams.

I saw Bolivar play last weekend in Nashville against Mitchell. It took a great performance down the stretch by Willie Kemp just to keep the Tigers competitive in that game. Chism went down and there wasn't a guy who stepped up after he left. Rhodes is good but Sycamore sees better big guys than him in the district in Cody Dunn (Montgomery Central), Jake West (Stewart Co.), and Scott Erland (Harpeth). He is not the impact player for Bolivar that O. Kemp was in 2004. Lake was a star who is playing on the next level. He was a big guy who could play in the post as well as face up and knock down the outside shot. He gave Sycamore fits and Wayne Chism is that same kind of player (when healthy).

The difference for that Bolivar team playing Sycamore this time around is that the game will not take place at Bolivar. The attendence will not be at 97% Bolivar fans and 3% Sycamore fans (and that's being generous to the crowd we brought from Pleasant View to Bolivar that night). I can promise you that every time I have saw Sycamore play this year that the crowd was into it from start to finish. It has been that way whether they were playing at Lynch-Puthoff Memorial in Pleasant View or if they were playing on the road.

Willie is going to have to play great and Chism has got to be healthy in order for Bolivar to beat Sycamore. The War Eagles are a team that can knock down shots and when they are clicking look out. Bolivar is no better than they were two years ago and in fact despite having two D-I future signees on their team I honestly believe that Bolivar is worse than the team that won it all two years ago when they beat Sycamore in the substate. That's just my opinion :lol:

Would Sycamore be the favorite against Bolivar or Liberty????? NO WAY!!!! Could Sycamore beat either of those teams on a given night???? ABSOLUTELY!!! The same thing can be said for Harpeth. Wilson's bunch has been playing great since they lost to CW. The Indians have been killing teams.

Either way, Lexington would not beat Sycamore or Harpeth. That's a promise. I said Lexington wouldn't beat David Lipscomb in football and look at what happened. Sure they beat a Marshall Co. team that was terrible on defense and survived one test against CW but did they survive two tests in a row???? NO!!!

From that team Bolivar has no Brian Lake (playing at MTSU)...

For your information catfish, Brian Lake quit MTSU's basketball team right before Middle played Western Kentucky in Bowling Green. Apparently Lake lost his desire to play.

Lake left Middle in good academic standing so hopefully he will complete his education at another university. He had played in all 12 games this season, including four starts, and averaged 6.3 points and 3.4 rebounds per game.

Lake scored a career-high 17 points in a win over Florida Atlantic Dec. 21 and had actually made a recent progression, averaging eight points and shooting 57 percent from the field over his last four games.

Lake was a Mr. Basketball finalist at Bolivar High School, where he led his team to a state title at the Murphy Center. He was named TSSAA Class AA state tournament MVP.

MBA[/url]' post='825925233' date='Feb 4 2006 - 08:26 PM']

For your information catfish, Brian Lake quit MTSU's basketball team right before Middle played Western Kentucky in Bowling Green. Apparently Lake lost his desire to play.

Lake left Middle in good academic standing so hopefully he will complete his education at another university. He had played in all 12 games this season, including four starts, and averaged 6.3 points and 3.4 rebounds per game.

Lake scored a career-high 17 points in a win over Florida Atlantic Dec. 21 and had actually made a recent progression, averaging eight points and shooting 57 percent from the field over his last four games.

Lake was a Mr. Basketball finalist at Bolivar High School, where he led his team to a state title at the Murphy Center. He was named TSSAA Class AA state tournament MVP.

For your information that makes his point stronger he didnt down the kid, he said he was good. :rolleyes:

MBA[/url'>' post='825925233' date='Feb 4 2006 - 08:26 PM']

Catfish and all posters... He's right. Brian is no longer at MTSU. I hope he gets that fire back b/c he's one fine player. Heck, he's one fine young man. He even make a good coach somewhere one day.

And believe me when I say...someone I respect and knows a lot more than I EVER will about b-ball...made a very respectful comment about Sycamore last week, No offense against Waverly at all...but it's that you guys just weren't in the convesation we were having [/b]. Just for what it's worth...which coning fom ME..prob not much!!!

They won by double digits because Waverly was forced to foul at the end after they had already gone to the free throw line twice as much as Waverly with some one sided officiating. That's ok. We'll see in the end. Sycamore is a really good team, but not a state tournament team. They just don't have what it takes. They were very scared last night. Remember this is how they looked. :(:huh::unsure:

funny but I thought the officiating was terrible too BUT the other way. Waverly played a very physical game! flagrant fouls, faking charges.. (and I was behind the basket then and there was light of day between those two bodies!)

at least the Refs made an effort to even up the count before the game ended .. right?

Like it or not refeerees are part of the game and good pr bad half the folk leave criticizing them!

I had a great chat with the Wavely coach at the door too and I look forward to these teams meeting again...

GO SYCAMORE! #1 in DISTRICT!!!

funny but I thought the officiating was terrible too BUT the other way. Waverly played a very physical game! flagrant fouls, faking charges.. (and I was behind the basket then and there was light of day between those two bodies!)

at least the Refs made an effort to even up the count before the game ended .. right?

Like it or not refeerees are part of the game and good pr bad half the folk leave criticizing them!

I had a great chat with the Wavely coach at the door too and I look forward to these teams meeting again...

GO SYCAMORE! #1 in DISTRICT!!!

Sycamores got harpeth at home and Stewert, Fairview and Hendersonville (top 10 3a team) left. It will be hard for them to go 4-0 but if they do look for them to be clicking going into tournaments.