State contenders for AA?

h-town's finest

I dont doubt that all the other top 5 teams are good but no one has even mentioned Unicoi County. We are in the top five in state and I think that we shouldnt be over looked... In my oppinion we have just as much of a chance as to get to state as anyone else does. We are a solid team with a great coach. Hope we get to see everyone in the boro soon!

GOOD LUCK BLUE!!!

~*~*Go Devils!!*~*~

UC has got a good team for ET, but there is no comparison between them and West Tn. From the schedule on Coach T, they haven't played many good teams. There is a lot of difference between 1A teams such as Cloudland, UH, Hampton, and The AA teams from Knoxville. I hope UC does well, but I think your coach should have scheduled some local AAA teams to get them ready for the Knoxville teams. It will be hard for them to get out of the sub-state.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well look at the Coacht rankings and it says it's as of 4 o'clock yesterday.

Dude, those are win/loss rankings. Those are going by how many wins and how many losses a team has. Believe me Bolivar's record is very misleading, obviously. I know that 3 or 4 of their losses have come from nationally ranked opponents. They lost one to Haywood, a top five team. And they've lost a couple games without Wayne Chism (their 6'9' top 50 recruit). This team doesn't play cupcakes. They have, hands down, the toughest schedule in tennessee this year. I'm not a Bolivar fan, but I will give them respect where respect is due. They've won 2 straight titles, and they still have the 2 main guys that got them there. They are definitely contenders. I guarentee you an East Tennessee team would not beat Bolivar. UC, Sycamore, Austin Easy, etc. these teams are good but they don't play the competition that Bolivar does, and they definitely don't have the talent that Bolivar does.

The state champ will come from West of the river. Depending on how the brackets fall, I'd say the Final Four will be Bolivar, Liberty, Haywood, and Mitchell. I think Bolivar has the most talent, but I still don't think they will win it.

As for others......oh good grief, Unicoi Co's SOS is 105. I don't EVER want to hear another word from you District 12 people about Lexington's SOS ever again. :thumb:

Edited by Solomon

The state champ will come from West of the river. Depending on how the brackets fall, I'd say the Final Four will be Bolivar, Liberty, Haywood, and Mitchell. I think Bolivar has the most talent, but I still don't think they will win it.

As for others......oh good grief, Unicoi Co's SOS is 105. I don't EVER want to hear another word from you District 12 people about Lexington's SOS ever again. :thumb:

So i guess you don't think much of Beau Brown and McMinn Central, right?

Austin-East is not good enough to make it...

It is very possible that it could be Liberty vs. Bolivar in the finals..............they'll also play in the finals of the district tournament. And the AA gold ball is definitely staying in the west this year between Liberty, Bolivar, and Mitchell. No way McMinn, Sycamore, or Austin East beats these teams.

I guarentee you an East Tennessee team would not beat Bolivar. UC, Sycamore, Austin East, etc. these teams are good but they don't play the competition that Bolivar does, and they definitely don't have the talent that Bolivar does.

It appears that the East Tennessee teams get no respect from the rest of the state. I can't speak for McMinn Central or Unicoi County (Sycamore is actually a Middle Tennessee team) but, Austin-East is for real. We play in one of the toughest districts in East Tennessee (it includes perennial state tournament teams Fulton and Alcoa). Year in and year out we play a tough non-conference schedule which includes a trip to a highly competitive holiday tournament (this year we went to the Dyersburg tournament and last year we went to the Poplar Bluff, MO tournament and played against the host school, Poplar Bluff High School, and their star player, Tyler Hansborough, who is now a standout player at UNC). This year at the Dyersburg tournament we played Liberty(in the semi-finals), one of the teams that is being picked to possibly win it all, and lost by two points. We should have won the game but we missed more than enough free throws to win. Bolivar has beaten Liberty by only 4 and 1 point respectively in each of the two games they have played so far. Seems to me that these three teams (Austin-East, Liberty, and Bolivar) are very close to each other in terms of their talent level.

Bolivar, Liberty, and Mitchell all have excellent programs but, to say that Austin-East doesn't play the same caliber competition, doesn't have as much talent, and isn't good enough to make it to the state and have any chance at beating these teams is a bit much.

Austin-East is continuing to improve every game and will be very dangerous come tournament time. I think they are the sleeper in AA. If you continue to underestimate them they are going to shock you come March!!!

Go Roadrunners !!!

I don't see why everyone is taling about Bolivar when they're ranked 24th in the state in AA?

I don't know which poll you're lookin at...

How come Bolivar is 21-8 and Haywood is 21-3 and Unicoi is 22-2 and they're behind Bolivar?

Probably because they play the #1 toughest schedule in AA...and the fact that they are back-back defending state champs...

So i guess you don't think much of Beau Brown and McMinn Central, right?

Central is good, and Beau is good, but they will have to play the game of their lives to beat Bolivar, Mitchell, or Liberty...Haywood actually doesn't worry me all that much...

Contenders:Stewart County

Bolivar

Mitchell

Liberty

Haywood

MLK

Goodpasture

Sycamore

McMinn Central

MLK

Austin East

Winner:Stewart County

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Now I'm sure you'll have some induviduals who'll get on here and swear up and down that their team just can't be beaten but when you take into consideration that injuries are a major part in all athletics then there is just no way to determine who'll be healthy and who won't be when these teams get to the 'Boro in March.