Goodpasture @ Greenbrier

catsbball1

THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY UNCALLED FOR. I know who you are and I know you don't like Greenbrier but the name-calling is unecessary. I guess the reason you couldn't stay at GB when you were a freshman was because you were a bench warmer too, but that's beside the point. Like I said before it was a physical game and the refs let them play. I agree, it wasn't a nice foul, but sometimes things like that happen. He didn't let him hit the shot, which is a good thing b/c CJ doesn't miss much. I'm sorry CJ got hurt, but it's a contact sport, and injuries happen. Personally, I would have agreed if they had called an intentional foul on that play but they didn't and the other times during the game, CJ just got fouled by GB players that were going hard, nothing the refs should have to protect him from, it's part of the game. If you noticed, some GB players got hurt in this game too and you don't hear them complaining about the refs not protecting them. It was just a physical game, no harm intended.

You and StationCamp-boy must be the same person. You may know me, but I've never (HONEST!) attended a school in Greenbrier or in Robertson Co. ... in my life (it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...with all them tractors! - :o ). But, you keep on spekalatin'. Apparently, you're good at it.

I stand by my statement. #15 can't play and cut CJ's legs out from under him, from behind, ON PURPOSE, NOT GOING FOR THE BALL. Film doesn't lie, even though I don't need it to confirm what I, and everybody else with pretty good vision, saw. Maybe you should watch it sometime. If it would've been you, I'd say the same thing. By the way, why do you play so soft?

And it's OK to say so, if 'something just ain't right.' Don't be so politically correct all the time. Somebody famous once said, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." Just tell the truth. Sometimes it hurts, but it's still the right thing to do.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me refrain my comment...Buchanan is a good player and I didnt say the boy wasnt good...He killed us on the glass and your right we didnt box out the game that you played us...(Station Camp). Your right the players do compliment each other and you have a good team there at Goodpasture. The only thing I was saying is that he would take some possessions off to get his points. Some teams love running the break but to be at half court when the shot gets put up? I have no problem with Goodpasture although I do think they have created another good 8AA rivalry which isnt a problem its great for High School basketball. Buchanan is in a good place because Davis and Frey open up a lot of options for him. Its easy to guard 2 really good players. But its hard for teams to guard 3 good athletes and SC will have to step up to do so. I look forward to a hard fought game for two of the stronger teams in the 8AA.

You and StationCamp-boy must be the same person. You may know me, but I've never (HONEST!) attended a school in Greenbrier or in Robertson Co. ... in my life (it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...with all them tractors! - :thumb: ). But, you keep on spekalatin'. Apparently, you're good at it.

I stand by my statement. #15 can't play and cut CJ's legs out from under him, from behind, ON PURPOSE, NOT GOING FOR THE BALL. Film doesn't lie, even though I don't need it to confirm what I, and everybody else with pretty good vision, saw. Maybe you should watch it sometime. If it would've been you, I'd say the same thing. By the way, why do you play so soft?

And it's OK to say so, if 'something just ain't right.' Don't be so politically correct all the time. Somebody famous once said, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." Just tell the truth. Sometimes it hurts, but it's still the right thing to do.

I've been as truthful as I can be, but since you don't think I am, I'll just say this..."I'll start being honest when you start being honest" Why is it that on just about every thread you reply on, you try to take on a new identity and deny your Greenbrier background...like some of the same people on this thread don't read all the other ones where you've been "discovered", please, give it up and quit hatin on GB when something happens between them and GP and then loving on GB when it comes to your lil sister or when the HS team wins against another team you don't like (unless you're bipolar, and then I apologize).

Considering I actually do play, what makes you think I play soft. Or are you talking about the player that fouled CJ, bc that wouldn't make much sense. I'm confused, I just don't understand what that sentence has to do with anything else that has been talked about, unless you're just trying to find another way to bring GB and it's players down.

I agree, it was a hard foul, and he obviously didn't accidentally run into him. But also, one thing I've heard from 3 or 4 people is that as he got past the defender, he looked back at him and jumped as high as he could to shoot it (yes, even higher than he normally jumps) and all of these people came to the same conclusion...he wanted to be fouled. I don't know if that's true but if it is, then he got what he wanted. If not, then again, I'm sorry he got hurt. Also, CJ has a very bad attitude, and it definitely showed throughout the game when he was getting all ticked off every time he went down hard and after the game when he threatened a GB player and talked back to the GB coach, so maybe he deserved what he got.

Davis may have a bad attitude, but thats the case with a lot of players. He will clean up his act when he needs to, he will have to or colleges wont be too interested. Goodpasture is a good team that plays down to thw level of their competition sometimes. If they want to win games they will. A 19-3 record shows that... plus they are now in the top 10 teams (all classes considered) in the mid-state

I've been as truthful as I can be, but since you don't think I am, I'll just say this..."I'll start being honest when you start being honest" Why is it that on just about every thread you reply on, you try to take on a new identity and deny your Greenbrier background...like some of the same people on this thread don't read all the other ones where you've been "discovered", please, give it up and quit hatin on GB when something happens between them and GP and then loving on GB when it comes to your lil sister or when the HS team wins against another team you don't like (unless you're bipolar, and then I apologize).

Considering I actually do play, what makes you think I play soft. Or are you talking about the player that fouled CJ, bc that wouldn't make much sense. I'm confused, I just don't understand what that sentence has to do with anything else that has been talked about, unless you're just trying to find another way to bring GB and it's players down.

I agree, it was a hard foul, and he obviously didn't accidentally run into him. But also, one thing I've heard from 3 or 4 people is that as he got past the defender, he looked back at him and jumped as high as he could to shoot it (yes, even higher than he normally jumps) and all of these people came to the same conclusion...he wanted to be fouled. I don't know if that's true but if it is, then he got what he wanted. If not, then again, I'm sorry he got hurt. Also, CJ has a very bad attitude, and it definitely showed throughout the game when he was getting all ticked off every time he went down hard and after the game when he threatened a GB player and talked back to the GB coach, so maybe he deserved what he got.

catsball1... You think you have this one but I can tell you that you're wrong. It's not who you're thinking.

And just to keep track on everyones score sheet.....

Catsball1 IS Logan. So in all of the posts about "Greer", he's using 3rd person. Must be like the Jimmy guy on Seinfield.

Now we're all caught up..... <_<

Catsball-boy,

Look, this is sad. You should be concentrating on playin' ball and not spending so much time defending your play, or lack thereof, on this website. Your sleuthing skills aren't too good either. You're 6'9" for goodness sake. You should be dominating...every game that you're healthy. But, you ain't, so what's up?

As far as the CJ incident, it was a cheap shot that could've gotten ugly. If y'all are lucky enough to play us again, and I hope you are, he'll be ready, I assure you. Every good shooter wants to be fouled, within the rules...but not injured. Bad attitude? Talk about being negative. CJ's a good kid. Is he aggressive? Yes. Does he have a swagger to him? Yes. Can he back it up? He has so far. And one thing's for sure, he don't play cheap. He plays hard, but he's not lookin' to hurt anybody...like your boy #15.

My advice: Spend some time working on your turnaround and your drop step. And quit letting your jealousy show so much. As far as I know, Mitch Dever don't even look at this crap. He's too busy working, going to school and trying to get better. I'll tell him you were asking about him, though. :ph34r:

catsball1... You think you have this one but I can tell you that you're wrong. It's not who you're thinking.

And just to keep track on everyones score sheet.....

Catsball1 IS Logan. So in all of the posts about "Greer", he's using 3rd person. Must be like the Jimmy guy on Seinfield.

Now we're all caught up..... :P

Hmmm, if you're so sure you know who I am, why don't you try to catch everybody else up again by giving us your guess on who Cougars2state is...

Catsball-boy,

Look, this is sad. You should be concentrating on playin' ball and not spending so much time defending your play, or lack thereof, on this website. Your sleuthing skills aren't too good either. You're 6'9" for goodness sake. You should be dominating...every game that you're healthy. But, you ain't, so what's up?

As far as the CJ incident, it was a cheap shot that could've gotten ugly. If y'all are lucky enough to play us again, and I hope you are, he'll be ready, I assure you. Every good shooter wants to be fouled, within the rules...but not injured. Bad attitude? Talk about being negative. CJ's a good kid. Is he aggressive? Yes. Does he have a swagger to him? Yes. Can he back it up? He has so far. And one thing's for sure, he don't play cheap. He plays hard, but he's not lookin' to hurt anybody...like your boy #15.

My advice: Spend some time working on your turnaround and your drop step. And quit letting your jealousy show so much. As far as I know, Mitch Dever don't even look at this crap. He's too busy working, going to school and trying to get better. I'll tell him you were asking about him, though. ;)

There's really no point in trying to defend myself or anyone else for that matter bc yall seem to have all the facts :D:P , but I do have one question...Who does Greer have to be jealous of?

Hmmm, if you're so sure you know who I am, why don't you try to catch everybody else up again by giving us your guess on who Cougars2state is...

There's really no point in trying to defend myself or anyone else for that matter bc yall seem to have all the facts :blink::lol: , but I do have one question...Who does Greer have to be jealous of?

OK. Am I wrong catsball1? are you logan? yes or no? This is as bad as the catfish dude.

I would have thought that you could pick up on this. Cougar is dad. kinda obvious.

OK. Am I wrong catsball1? are you logan? yes or no? This is as bad as the catfish dude.

I would have thought that you could pick up on this. Cougar is dad. kinda obvious.

Every single post you have about basketball is about me being Logan, and I've never said yes or no. The whole point of having these user names is so people don't know who we are, so of course I haven't ever told you who I was, and I'm still not going to. I like watching people guess, it's kinda fun... ;)

And okay, sorry I was wrong. I apologize to Mitch(considering you're right about it being his dad) but at least I was in the right family. :thumb:

Every single post you have about basketball is about me being Logan, and I've never said yes or no. The whole point of having these user names is so people don't know who we are, so of course I haven't ever told you who I was, and I'm still not going to. I like watching people guess, it's kinda fun... :D

And okay, sorry I was wrong. I apologize to Mitch(considering you're right about it being his dad) but at least I was in the right family. :thumb:

OK. guess you get a rush out of going 3rd person. seems strange for someone to talk about themselves but whatever. "Jimmy likes Elaine. Jimmy is not happy with George"....thats cool... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Greenbrier gets the upset. Logan Im pulling for ya...Get your team together and pull out the W.

Took a while but we got ya that upset B)

Chris is a good player. Fouls and a quick yank by the coach hurt him, but he'll be back. He's a good high school player that has plenty of upside to play somewhere at the next level. Cherry picking...PLEEZE! Give yourself a break.

You sound like a man with a paper...well, I'll leave it at that. Frey rose to the occasion. Davis got beat up with NO protection from the refs (even got his legs cut out from under him by a bench-warming senior that can't play a lick), but still played well in spurts. Like I said before, Buchanan is good. You're just jealous of what he's done before now. I believe he's got a lot left. We'll see. Role players did a good job and the free throw shooting was almost perfect.

You're EXACTLY right! Larry Bird was a cherry picker, an in-your-eye shooter and a hustler. So is Steve Nash. Nothing wrong with that. Made a nice living doing it, too. Some people just have a knack. The ones that don't get on CoachT and whine!

Just wanted to point out that that "bench-warming senior that can't play a lick" dropped 20 on Goodpasture last night.