BAD NEWS FOR GILES COUNTY!

selig42

Guest catfish-hunter

He knew about the drive when he took the job. If his decision was family based he wouldn't have left the Franklin area to start with. His decision was salary based. Period. I'm not blaming the guy, we all work and hope to increase our salary, but after getting the hopes of the kids up he could have let one job opportunity pass. If he is the coach everyone thinks he is there were sure to be others over the next year or two. Then again maybe he's not the coach everyone thinks he is so he jumped while he could.

He is a good coach but you could be on to something when you say "maybe he's not the coach everyone thinks he is". The 3A coaches around the midstate area are all pretty much well qualified for their positions. It's hard to pick against guys like McCadams, Porter, Williams, and Finley. Those guys have won a bunch of football games on Friday nights over the course of the past three years.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long-term contract? Not sure if you're aware but high school coaches don't sign multi-year contracts. In fact they really don't have a contract at all. Their employment status as a coach is renewable every year by the administration. At any time a coach can be "not renewed" and does not have to be given cause. Also even if they are a tenured teacher, it does not guarantee them they cannot be let go as a coach.

HS coaches have no security, so for those getting on him for making a move is not warranted. I'm sure making the move tore at him because of the kids as I'm sure it did when he left Franklin.

I had heard rumors ALL season long that Coach Tim Johnson was out in two years or less and headed to Lincoln County. Anyway, this move may work out for both schools, but things will be interesting next season. Johnson did a lot of good things with this Giles County bunch, can the new coach come in and do the same?

I had heard rumors ALL season long that Coach Tim Johnson was out in two years or less and headed to Lincoln County. Anyway, this move may work out for both schools, but things will be interesting next season. Johnson did a lot of good things with this Giles County bunch, can the new coach come in and do the same?

Sure he can. Giles County is ripe for the picking in football. Many good players there and Richland and I'll bet some of the ones that are playing for Richland now could and would play for GC if they got the right coach. Players will follow a winner. TJ could have had a heck of a team in 2 to 3 years if he would have stayed. Maybe he didn't believe he could develop or pull in the tallent in the area.