Collinwood vs Summertown

TrojanSportsFan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collinwood, in my opinion, actually plays better on the road. For example, they were able to beat both Perry County and Wayne County on the road, but were unable to defeat them at home. Collinwood will need to contain Franks inside and take care of the ball against Summertown's pressure. However, I just don't see Summertown giving away the Regular Season Championship, so I'm going with the Lady Eagles by 4. Good luck to both teams, it should be a good one.

this is a huge game for the trojanettes. how many years has it been since they won the seasonal crown? unless they won in '96 or '97, has it really been 16 years (1990) since their last title? they have really been playing good lately, so this may be their year.

this game's winner may also determine the district 12a mvp--if cwood wins does andrews get it? or if stown wins does franks get it? what's your thoughts? will the mvp come off the #1 team or is it possible for weatherly to sneak up and get it?

Weatherly should be the 12A MVP in terms of what she has been able to do for a team that lost thier leading scorer for most of the year to injury in Edney. Weatherly kept the Lady Vikings in games that they had no business being in without Edney. She is the best all-around player considering she can score in the post, step out and hit the 3, drive to the basket, handle the ball, rebound, and dominate the inside defensively. The only downsides for Weatherly is that Perry County did not finish 1st in the district and her attitude (she's fierce to say the least) tends to rub a lot of coaches the wrong way when it comes to the voting. It will be really strange if she receives a Miss Basketball nomination (which I expect she is going to get) but not receive the District 12A MVP.

Andrews has taken a Collinwood team that everyone predicted to finish 4th and led them at least to 2nd (possibly 1st depending on Friday night). However, I just don't think she is the best all-around player in the district. Andrews is probably a year or two away depending on how much better she gets.

Franks is a good player surrounded by a strong, deep team. She has upped her game tremendously over the past 2 years and should be the outright favorite next year with Andrews giving her a run for her money.