EAST RIDGE VS. SEQUATCHIE

pioneerbaseball09

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie won 66-63. They got Jurick in foul trouble by going right at him, he blocked a lot but fouled quick too. I think he had his 4th a couple of minutes into the third and got his fifth with about 3 minutes to go in the game. Seq led by 4 but fouled a three-point shooter, I thought the foul was after the shot on the blockout but they gave him 3 shots, made it 64-63. Sequatchie hit foul shots, ER missed a 3 with 5 seconds and only had 1 second to do anything after Seq missed 2 foul shots.

Sequatchie won 66-63. They got Jurick in foul trouble by going right at him, he blocked a lot but fouled quick too. I think he had his 4th a couple of minutes into the third and got his fifth with about 3 minutes to go in the game. Seq led by 4 but fouled a three-point shooter, I thought the foul was after the shot on the blockout but they gave him 3 shots, made it 64-63. Sequatchie hit foul shots, ER missed a 3 with 5 seconds and only had 1 second to do anything after Seq missed 2 foul shots.

Sequatchie County lead 30-23 at halftime

the refs complety stunk!!.....ONE CALL ON THE BIG GUY stunk HOW CAN A 5'6 100 POUND KID KNOCK A 6'8 225 KID DOWN AND THE 6'8 GUY PICK UP THE FOUL...they had 3 players that fouled out Philip Jurik, tony taylor, and some other guy that seems to never foul...but o well they will see each other again...

Edited by TNballer2006

the refs complety stunk!!.....ONE CALL ON THE BIG GUY stunk HOW CAN A 5'6 100 POUND KID KNOCK A 6'8 225 KID DOWN AND THE 6'8 GUY PICK UP THE FOUL...they had 3 players that fouled out Philip Jurik, tony taylor, and some other guy that seems to never foul...but o well they will see each other again...

Jurick could have fouled out in the first half had it been called tighter. He got away with a lot even though he had three fouls in the first half. He was out of position a lot and tried to use his height to make up for it. He was not set on the play you thought was a charge, it doesn't matter how tall he was. If he'd had stood his ground, you're right the 100 pound player (probably more like 140) probably wouldn't have knocked him over. He tried for the block too often, players six and eight inches shorter made him look bad at times under the basket. Taylor gambled for steals the entire game, sometimes it worked but other times it resulted in a foul. That's not a good way to play defense, constantly reaching in instead of moving your feet. Your guys pushing after the whistle was blown, cursing and other nonsense nearly got the game out of hand a couple of times. Sequatchie only trailed by 4 at the half at East Ridge before such things happened over there, so it shouldn't be a surprise Sequatchie was able to win at home. Even with all that, if I was your coach I'd be more concerned with the 10 or so players who just walked to the dressing room without shaking hands. A couple were waiting for the last second to tick off and were already headed that way. The 2 or 3 who did are to be congratulated, the others didn't act very classy.

Edited by Indian

Man that isn't right a player should always shake hands at the end of a game. It doesn't matter how bad the calls or how bad a team beats you. That's just bad sportsmanship!

Two or three of them came over to shake hands, and I applaud them for that. I don't believe they were starters though. They could have easily followed their team "leaders" to the locker room but didn't so like I said they should be congratulated.

who cares if they shake hands....everyone knows they dont like each other and if they would have there probally would have been a fight so i think it was good in both ways...Its not the end of the world..

"Who cares if they shake hands" sums up the problems I saw with your team last night.