Region 2A

bballplaya24

It seems to me that it's a very good possibility that Region 2A will get 2 teams into state. The winner and finalist of the region 2A will go against the winner and finalist in region 1A in substate. In my opinion region 2A has 3 teams that would win region 1A (see Cosby, Rockwood, Wartburg). Cosby should win region 2A and cruise to state, but whether the finalist be Rockwood or Wartburg i feel they would win their substate game against the Region 1A team. The best team in Region 1A is Hancock Co. who is 8-0 in region play right now but just 14-10 overall. This shows me that 1A is an overall weak region. Anyone else agree?

I think it's a strong possibility 2A could sent two teams to state this year.

However, The runner-up team in the 2A tournament will still have to play an

away game against the 1A winner. The away sub-state is a TOUGH game to win.

The 2A finals is going to be a huge game.

Also the District 4A teams may have a little bit of "home court" advantage

with the tournament at Onieda. The Eagle Fans travel well though and

The Eagles have played in tough enviroments all season.

I dont think region 2 will have 2 teams in state. Cosby SHOULD definately make it there. they are the only superpower in that region, however. they beat rockwood by like 25 i believe, and rockwood is probably the next best team in that region. im not saying rockwood isnt good, b/c they are. it takes an awesome team to win a substate game on the road and region 1 has pretty consistent in getting at least one team to murfreesboro every year.

The region could possibly get a 2nd team to the state, in all likely hood Rockwood, Wartburg, or OS will have to beat University in Johnson City, not that easy. However, that being said, which ever team joins Cosby out of Region 1 and 2 (Single A Northeast Section) will probably be the weakest team at the state tourney. It would be an accomplishment for any other team from the area to make it to M'boro.

I play for Cosby and yes i think we should definately make it to the State Tourny. In region 1 seeing most of the teams from up there I think its all even up there. Hancock,Unaka,University High,and Cloudland are all about the same. They're all decent at best but none of them as good as Rockwood,Wartburg,or Cosby. I think it's very possible for Region 2 runner-up to win substate in Region 1. I hate to see either Rockwood ,Wartburg or Cosby not have a chance to shoot for the Boro',but it happens. Good luck everyone.

I think it is very possible for 2 teams to go out of this group (Cosby, Rockwod, Warturg, Oliver Springs). Cosby has played well all year, while Rockwood and Wartburg have been really good and consistent. OS is a little more of a long shot, but a tough schedule might prepare them for the tournaments. OS plays at Wartburg Friday, so we will see how they handle it. Both teams appear to be healthy this time and should be a great game. I hope everyone will pack the gym to watch this one.

It seems to me that it's a very good possibility that Region 2A will get 2 teams into state. The winner and finalist of the region 2A will go against the winner and finalist in region 1A in substate. In my opinion region 2A has 3 teams that would win region 1A (see Cosby, Rockwood, Wartburg). Cosby should win region 2A and cruise to state, but whether the finalist be Rockwood or Wartburg i feel they would win their substate game against the Region 1A team. The best team in Region 1A is Hancock Co. who is 8-0 in region play right now but just 14-10 overall. This shows me that 1A is an overall weak region. Anyone else agree?

Hancock is NOT the best team in Region 1A. You ought to know records don't mean a thing. They only beat Jelico by 2 @ Hancock. They aren't that good. Its a toss-up between UH and Unaka. Hampton could come on strong in the tournaments. Take Cosby out, and I pesonaly believe Region 1 is just as good as Region 2. When we played @ Cosby, many Eagle fans told me Unaka could beat Rockwood. So if Unaka can, UH has a pretty good chance as well.

OS beat Wartburg on the road tonight and they lost at home to the Bulldogs in OT. They have six seniors on that team and senior leadership is crucial come tournament time.

The key for Wartburg or OS is to avoid Cosby in the Region 2-A semifinals. Either could win, but the Eagles are playing great this season.

Also, don't sell Rockwood short. Except for Cosby, they have played very good and they play a physical, halfcourt game which is needed in the postseason.

I also think Midway or Harriman could send somebody home early if they play well in the region tourney.