Oak Ridge vs Clinton

jlmiller57

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why they shouldn't let people that are power hungry a big positions. Clintons AD is a very power hungry man. It makes him feel better, when he makes other ppls lifes worse. Clintons AD should be smarter than this. These 40 students didn't do anything, hes just trying to make us think he is some big powerful man, which he is not.

I agree 100% Davis is the worse thing to happen to Clinton athletics since the hiring of Catlett to be the head Football Coach. This is a move made entirely to kill the Basketball Program. By keeping the student section from being full of energy and spirit. I predict Oak Ridge will walk over the Dragons due to stupid moves like this one. You need fans in order to win.

Don Lockard would not put up with this, what's wrong with Little Lockard?

This started due to a scuffle with two freshman students. I guess this is what Davis was looking for in order to kill the Orange Crush.

The approximately 40 students who were banned from the Friday night came were outside watching the fight. They lost their priveledge to go to the Oak Ridge game over WATCHING 2 other kids fight. And the kid who jumped in and broke the 2 up got kicked out of all the rest of Clintons games the rest of the year. I dont understand the philosophy behind this at all because the students who were watching got in more trouble than the students who were involved in the fight. The students who were watchings punishment was that they were suspended from the time school lets out at 3:30 Friday until before school Monday morning. The students who were involved in the fights punishment was In School Suspension for 1 day. And they get to come to the game (but with a parent?)

I agree 100% Davis is the worse thing to happen to Clinton athletics since the hiring of Catlett to be the head Football Coach. This is a move made entirely to kill the Basketball Program. By keeping the student section from being full of energy and spirit. I predict Oak Ridge will walk over the Dragons due to stupid moves like this one. You need fans in order to win.

Don Lockard would not put up with this, what's wrong with Little Lockard?

This started due to a scuffle with two freshman students. I guess this is what Davis was looking for in order to kill the Orange Crush.

What are you thinking? Jim Davis was the greatest high school football coach EVER. I mean he had a winning percentage of .000% and only lost his first game as head coach 71-0.

Little Lockard was fighting all day to do something about this and even called Oak Ridge's athletic department and tryed to get the game postponed to another date.

I believe this really limits Clintons homecourt advantage for this one but i still look for the game to be close but who comes out on top no one knows.

I think that the orange crush faithful will still come out to the game. Yeah we lost some of the leaders but its Oak Ridge and everybody comes out for Oak Ridge. I still dont think that they should have gotten suspended. It is just stupid. Suspend the freshman. Not the seniors in their final Oak Ridge game. But don't worry, we will put our anger out on the Wildcats.

The approximately 40 students who were banned from the Friday night came were outside watching the fight. They lost their priveledge to go to the Oak Ridge game over WATCHING 2 other kids fight. And the kid who jumped in and broke the 2 up got kicked out of all the rest of Clintons games the rest of the year. I dont understand the philosophy behind this at all because the students who were watching got in more trouble than the students who were involved in the fight. The students who were watchings punishment was that they were suspended from the time school lets out at 3:30 Friday until before school Monday morning. The students who were involved in the fights punishment was In School Suspension for 1 day. And they get to come to the game (but with a parent?)

You are mistaken. The kids who were fighting received 3 days suspension they can not attend any sports activities the rest of the year. And were summoned to Juvenile Court. How crazy is that?

You are mistaken. The kids who were fighting received 3 days suspension they can not attend any sports activities the rest of the year. And were summoned to Juvenile Court. How crazy is that?

I agree that this whole thing is crazy and we shouldn't even be talking about it. If your going to fight at Clinton High go somewhere off campus so the rest of us don' have to pay. I'm tired of everybody with their different stories. Just leave it alone and talk about how good the game will be Friday.

There were two seniors who supplied the names of the kids who were suspended to the AD (Davis). So the real problem you have at your school lies in the senior class and the administration. I agree with you its time to quit talking about this. But if anyone does let's put the blame where it belongs on the power hungry administration at Clinton. They can't control the real thugs in the school so they pick on basketball fans.

There were two seniors who supplied the names of the kids who were suspended to the AD (Davis). So the real problem you have at your school lies in the senior class and the administration. I agree with you its time to quit talking about this. But if anyone does let's put the blame where it belongs on the power hungry administration at Clinton. They can't control the real thugs in the school so they pick on basketball fans.

I heard from Davis himself. The words straight out of Davis' mouth that "The names of the people we have are based on what we thought we saw the other night". The Clinton administration does not have any proof that any one of these people were their. 2 or 3 staff members can't pick out 30-40 students the next day and know for a FACT that every one of them were their. They got students right that were their. They let some students off that were their but they didnt see. and They got some students that didnt even go to the game that they thought were their. IMO they should have to have 100% proof to do anything in the first place. Next the punishment they gave for the ones who actually did get caught is harsh for just watching a fight anyway. The school has already recieved calls from teachers, coaches, parents, students, and news stations on this. That is negative reviews that the school doesnt need and didnt need to put its self in. The AD from Clinton high school is giving Clinton a bad name right now and bringing in all of these negative reviews. Like whoever did the vandalism of Blankenship Field. They didnt get to the bottom of that and no one got punished for it but they want to punish kids for whatching a fight that some that were around didnt even know what was going on. I hope everyone who is from around this area knows that this isnt what it is normally like and that the actions of few shouldnt pertain to many. Including not getting to go to the Oak Ridge/Clinton game which from what i hear many people are going to including players from the HOT Tennessee mens basketball team.(Lofton, Patterson, Wingate).