Wartburg vs. Oliver Springs

bballman22

This is the game that will decide the district. If os wants to pull this one out then they have got to play alot better defense than they did the last time. However, if the bulldogs get in foul trouble early, which homecooking will probably prevent, then os needs to take advantage of it. It should be another barn burner.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody show up to watch the SHOW DOWN between the Wartburg Bulldogs and the Oliver Springs Bobcats! This game will be very INTENSE and UP-TEMPO! The atmosphere will be amazing! This game will be great because the Cats are coming into the DOG POUND! The DOGS have a 20 something game winning streak at home will they keep it that way! GO DOGS

Dan Schultz has the potential to be a big time player. He's a sophomore right now, but just watch him shoot a jumper. Great elevation and he releases it high. He has worked hard to become a really good player and in two years we might even say a "GREAT" player, but we don't want to give a sophomore the big head.

Anyway, I imagine these two teams will meet again with the District 4-A Championship on the line in about three weeks and you can expect another great game.

oliver springs played a great game on defense last night thats what won them the game i know giving up 70 points dont exactly sound like great defense but compared to last time. but i thought that corey wrinkle stepped up and played good especially after the ac game. cody west came in and played great the whole time he was in there and of course dan shultz shot the ball very well. Darren Goings stepped up and hit some shots and it helps having ross sampson back as another option. carter played a good game as well as good leadership he scored 24 points behind dans 32, he took some pressure off the gaurds bringing the ball up the court as well as leading the team in rebounding i know j shannon is a great played but i think carter means more to his team thats just my opinion it was a great game cant wait till distict it will be fun good game both teams.

The story of the game was OS made the plays in the end the same way Wartburg did a few weeks ago. Every Bobcat on the floor gave big time minutes to secure this victory. The bench played great with Sampson, West, Dulling, and Collett coming into the game with no drop off from the starting 5. That is what makes this team dangerous.

On the other hand, I though Wartburg played a great game but just didn't make the shots when they had too. They too are a deep team too as we saw in the OTwin at OliverSprings a few weeks ago. J. Shannon is a tough player as is Melton. Why didn't Nelson and DJ start? I know they came in a few minutes into the game, but is there anything going on?

Both teams should meet again in a few weeks to decide the district as long as neither team overlooks Coalfield and Oneida.

Good job to both teams last night!

The OS Bobcats played a good game last night and played good "team" ball. Sometimes you can see them play too much individual ball and that has cost them a handful of games. Schultz played a great game, along with teammates that stepped up. West is such a strong physical player that is a joy to watch. We are glad to see he and Sampson healthy and back in the game!

We are PROUD to be part of the Land of OZ.

:lol:

Oliver Springs did come to play the other night. I was proud of them. They stepped up like we have all been waiting for them to. I thought Cody West had a really good game, and Dan Shultz shot the lights out the first half, but he has got to learn to calm his shooting down when he is not on. However, the bobcats can't let this win make their season cuz they will meet Wartburg again.