Who has the best music?

FieldGoal

It's commonplace for music to blare out over the speaker system before and after games, at half, during time-outs, etc. Which school has the best music? I mean which gym makes you wanna get up and boogie?

My vote is Smyrna. I know this dates me, but the reason this school gets my vote is because they have a great selection of oldies. :thumb:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's commonplace for music to blare out over the speaker system before and after games, at half, during time-outs, etc. Which school has the best music? I mean which gym makes you wanna get up and boogie?

My vote is Smyrna. I know this dates me, but the reason this school gets my vote is because they have a great selection of oldies. :thumb:

I like the "CAVE" at Mount Juliet the best! They play a great variety.

Columbia and Lawrence Co with actual pep bands. They Rock and Hey Baby can get the whoe gym singing. 2 great bands. Xtra work for faculty but hey that many more kids with something to do. Franklin County is coming on also and Franklin has a smaller band that's good with that older guy on keyboards. I like the live stuff. Ra Ra sis boom whatever

I liked Lebanon last year at Christmas and this year I really enjoyed Lincoln Co. (h=just hope I don't get to hear it again this year :D )

The people that get this stuff together (live or disco) need to be recognized, because it is a lot of work and man does it add to the atmosphere. Play me a little ZZ Top and I think I can get out there and play ;) .

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!!!!

kw

Since I follow Mt. Juliet, I love the "Cave Sounds" too. But there's one BIG problem: We've GOTTA get a new Bear sound. Man, our bear sounds sick. Perhaps, "constipated" is a better word. Sheesh!

That is funny...and it is true. Sounds about as bad as the Wildcat did at WC a few years back before the new sound system got put in on the football field.

Edited by 8AAALUM

Since I follow Mt. Juliet, I love the "Cave Sounds" too. But there's one BIG problem: We've GOTTA get a new Bear sound. Man, our bear sounds sick. Perhaps, "constipated" is a better word. Sheesh!

I go to a lot of games against different people. I would say you have to consider Van Buren cause they have a live band during half time. They are good to. Has any one else see vb band play? Are they as good as i think?

Its gone now, but Castle Heights Military Academy was the greatest ever.

I remember before Duane and Gregg Allman got kicked out of school there, they used to perform during games.

I remember hearing "Whipping Post" while the Tigers administered a thrashing to a hapless opponent. And that was during a JV game.

And they used to have special guests, such as Blind Melon Chitling and Ledbelly sit in during the big games. Sometimes folks from town would come in to hear them play. The small gym was often shut down by the fire marshall.

Looking back, I can see just how dangerous a situation existed. Cuz in that gym, there ain't but one way out babe, and I just can't go out that door.

Man, it gives me the blues just thinking bout those days.

Out at Dickson Middle, in that great old wooden gym, the Dickson pep band loaded up in the balconey above the baseline and wore out some old tunes this past December when we played 'em there. It took several seconds before you could make out the song they were playing, but dang, they played it loud! Hard to hear youself think, much less talk in a huddle. I told some kids it reminded me of Hoosiers, and it did. And it was great.