Jackson County

beethoven

Coach Thaxton is a very good coach. I might not of agreed with some of the things that he did but one thing is for sure he knows what he is doing. I hate that he is getting the blame for all of the problems with the team. It's not all his fault, he can call the plays but if the players don't execute what is he supposed to do. There is some talent on the team and hopefully more boys will come out next year for the new coach. But one thing I suggest for some of the parents in the stands if your son is not playing please quit complaining about everything the coach does and support him. I wish the best of luck to the Blue Devils and their new coach next season, and to Coach Thaxton keep your head up. I appreciate everything you done for my son while he played for you.

Hey baseballjunkie how many kids did you all have last year and how many coaches. It takes a group effort to be successful in any sport. The community has to back the program 100%, I commend your son for even playing in such bad circumstances but that could all dhange if the powers that be would take the step to up grade your program. What exactly seems to be the problem since you have witnessed it first hand. And will hiring a new coach and not giving him what it needs to be successful the answer? Like I said 1 or 2 coaches can't do it by themselves like they did 30 yrs. ago. Do you all have a feeder program and how many voluteers do you all have ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey baseballjunkie how many kids did you all have last year and how many coaches. It takes a group effort to be successful in any sport. The community has to back the program 100%, I commend your son for even playing in such bad circumstances but that could all dhange if the powers that be would take the step to up grade your program. What exactly seems to be the problem since you have witnessed it first hand. And will hiring a new coach and not giving him what it needs to be successful the answer? Like I said 1 or 2 coaches can't do it by themselves like they did 30 yrs. ago. Do you all have a feeder program and how many voluteers do you all have ?

I have 2 sons thay played for Coach Thaxton and they both think the world of him. One of the problems is we can't get the best atheletes in school to come out. You know how it is they don't want to play for a program that is not successful. Now if we win a few games this year I think more kids will start playing. The middle school and high school coaches coached together this year which I don't think is the answer. We need coaches at both schools to be able to concentrate on their teams. I thinks a new coach might change peoples attitude right now but if he doesn't start winning soon he will be in the same boat as Coach Thaxton. We have some decent assistant coaches and they try their hardest but until we get 3 or 4 real good assistants it will continue to be an uphill battle. Yes we do have junior pro football and I don't know how many volunteers we have. Everyone here wants to win and I'm very proud of our boys because they are trying.

Well I hope that you all can find a coach that will come in get the interest back in the community. Like someone said this is not a quick fix but one that can be successful if the necessary steps are taken.

I don't mean to be so negative about not playing for a losing program. But football is a different story than basketball or baseball b/c kids can get seriously injured for life. In basketball and baseball a school system can just let the coach throw a ball out and just play. But I'm well aware that's not the case in your girls team lol.

And I'm sure that J Co. has some great athletes walking the halls of your school but until you all put forth the effort they won't ever play under the conditions you have down there right now.

Good luck with your search for a coach. Maybe he is right under your nose in your system. Turn over every stone before you make the decision on a coach.

Well I hope that you all can find a coach that will come in get the interest back in the community. Like someone said this is not a quick fix but one that can be successful if the necessary steps are taken.

I don't mean to be so negative about not playing for a losing program. But football is a different story than basketball or baseball b/c kids can get seriously injured for life. In basketball and baseball a school system can just let the coach throw a ball out and just play. But I'm well aware that's not the case in your girls team lol.

And I'm sure that J Co. has some great athletes walking the halls of your school but until you all put forth the effort they won't ever play under the conditions you have down there right now.

Good luck with your search for a coach. Maybe he is right under your nose in your system. Turn over every stone before you make the decision on a coach.

I agree with you 100%. Hopefully we will have a new coach in place before spring practice. I just hope we can hire a coach who can relate to the kids but still have discipline. Thanks for your support our program needs all the support they can get. We need to get rid of all the negativity about our program and turn everything into a positive. Hopefully the new coach will do that. Good luck to the Blue Devils

We have a lot of upcomming talent for the next few years. I just hope the high school program can get a few wins before these kids get discouraged! These kids know what disipline and hard work is. They also know how to block, run, and wrap-up and tackle. They just need someone at that level who can fuel their fire.

We have a lot of upcomming talent for the next few years. I just hope the high school program can get a few wins before these kids get discouraged! These kids know what disipline and hard work is. They also know how to block, run, and wrap-up and tackle. They just need someone at that level who can fuel their fire.

Well the basics of football can win a lot of games and if you have that then you have the ground work to be successful. Off season programs is also a must. The teams that you see that are successful get it done in the winter and spring. I might add that a little talent can be very helpful as well. lol

Well the basics of football can win a lot of games and if you have that then you have the ground work to be successful. Off season programs is also a must. The teams that you see that are successful get it done in the winter and spring. I might add that a little talent can be very helpful as well. lol

Yeah, we need a better training facility, but we also need someone who will make it the LAW! I've worked with this youth league for several years and I have so much hope in them. They are not only talented, they have a mean streak a mile wide :thumb:

But you are right.

Yeah, we need a better training facility, but we also need someone who will make it the LAW! I've worked with this youth league for several years and I have so much hope in them. They are not only talented, they have a mean streak a mile wide :thumb:

But you are right.

I agree football is not for everybody. It takes a special kid to put his heart and soul into it. And it seems to me that most kids today don't want to put forth the effort it takes.

And it's a shame that the ones that do are not getting the support they need. Hopefully that can change for their sake. After all it's about them right ??

Why don't you apply for the job are you in the education field ?

I agree football is not for everybody. It takes a special kid to put his heart and soul into it. And it seems to me that most kids today don't want to put forth the effort it takes.

And it's a shame that the ones that do are not getting the support they need. Hopefully that can change for their sake. After all it's about them right ??

Why don't you apply for the job are you in the education field ?

No I'm not. And I don't claim to be a coach, but I can talk a rabbit into eating a copperhead :thumb:

The state of football in Gainesboro is almost non existent. Very little support, bad facilities, very little money, and very little talent. The only coach who is going to touch this program is some local guy or some young coach who needs that first head coaching experience. Either way, not much hope for success unless they get real lucky. Pay ain't too bad, about $5,000 plus teaching supplement, but few quality assistants and no one wnats to move to Jackson County! The only positive is you will have a better situation that my wife's alma mater, DeKalb HS! Hopefully, you won't end up with a couple of youth football coaches. lol