Jackson County

beethoven

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Brint... I too think he will do a great job at Jackson County. You good old boys in the that neck of the woods need to give him a warm welcome! Give him time and he will make you proud! :)

I agree with you. It takes time to get the younger kids to believe in a program. :) It takes even longer to get the adults to buy into it. They are not the ones sweating on the practice field, but they are the ones a new coach needs to empress. B) There are lots of experts in the bleechers. B)

How come JC doesn't move down to 1a and try and compete...I would think they would have a lot more success...

They are classified for AA, nothing they can do about it. If im not mistaken I belive they are way too big for A football, I dont think its close.

Edited by bob77

They are classified for AA, nothing they can do about it. If im not mistaken I belive they are way too big for A football, I dont think its close.

This i'm confused about...I know that softball baseball and basketball all move classifications together...and I know football is seperate...but when they classify a team A AA AAA and so on...they don't all go by the same rule...

See I was under the impression that they did use the same classification rule, and that JC football was A that wanted to play AA...Please someone explain...

Good luck to the new coach. I wish him the the best though I am sticking to the fact that someone got rid of the best coach Jackson County has ever had. I'm speaking of Coach Thaxton. Hopefully this new guy will have better support than Thaxton. The community needs to get behind the program and coach with some money to update the facilities so the student athletes can have some pride in their program.

Speaking of Coach Thaxton, I wonder if the baseball coach at Jackson County is next to be booted. From what I have seen and read the baseball team is getting hammered by the same teams that was beating the football team. So tell me please again is it poor coaches or as I posted before a lack of talent. Just curious. I have no dog in the fight other than Coach Thaxton is one h-ll of a coach and even a better person that was the scapegoat for a poor situation.

Good luck to Coach Russell and hang in there Jay. :blink:

I have always been a strong supporter of Coach Thaxton. But lets leave the baseball coach out of this. They are doing alot better this year and they don't practice the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season without their bats and gloves. I would also like to wish Coach Russell the best of luck.

I have always been a strong supporter of Coach Thaxton. But lets leave the baseball coach out of this. They are doing alot better this year and they don't practice the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season without their bats and gloves. I would also like to wish Coach Russell the best of luck.

What is fair is fair. If the baseball coach isn't getting the job done playing the same schools the football team is playing I just wonder if the powers that be are gonna can him also. Or is it, as I have mentioned before a LACK OF TALENT. If that be the case let the man work through the tough times and continue about his business of coaching.

I will not even comment on the practice issue as I have previously posted about that also.

What is fair is fair. If the baseball coach isn't getting the job done playing the same schools the football team is playing I just wonder if the powers that be are gonna can him also. Or is it, as I have mentioned before a LACK OF TALENT. If that be the case let the man work through the tough times and continue about his business of coaching.

I will not even comment on the practice issue as I have previously posted about that also.

Like I said before I think the world of Coach Thaxton and I voiced my opinion to the director of schools about his dismissal. But I would like to ask you one question why didn't Shelbyille try to get him back once they found out he was no longer coaching for Jackson County. I would hate to see him leave our school system but I know he loves the game of football.

Like I said before I think the world of Coach Thaxton and I voiced my opinion to the director of schools about his dismissal. But I would like to ask you one question why didn't Shelbyille try to get him back once they found out he was no longer coaching for Jackson County. I would hate to see him leave our school system but I know he loves the game of football.

I don't have an answer to your question other than myself along with most all of his past players would have never let him go years ago. A great football coach, his record speaks for itself (in Shelbyville) and an even better person. It is obvious how much I think of him as a past coach and good friend or I would not waste my time with anything to do with Jackson County sports. I want what he wants, if it is to get out of JC, I wish it could be soon for him. If he wants to hang around--good luck Jay be strong.

Speaking of the new coach in Shelbyville, Jason Hardy, I am thrilled to death. I am good friends with him also. He has many of the same qualities I think Coach Thaxton possesses.

I don't have an answer to your question other than myself along with most all of his past players would have never let him go years ago. A great football coach, his record speaks for itself (in Shelbyville) and an even better person. It is obvious how much I think of him as a past coach and good friend or I would not waste my time with anything to do with Jackson County sports. I want what he wants, if it is to get out of JC, I wish it could be soon for him. If he wants to hang around--good luck Jay be strong.

Speaking of the new coach in Shelbyville, Jason Hardy, I am thrilled to death. I am good friends with him also. He has many of the same qualities I think Coach Thaxton possesses.

I can tell, you think highly of Jay and I'm sure he appreciates your support. He has told me that he is staying at Jackson County. He's a good man who deserves the best. I'm friends with a guy that used to play football for Jay at Shelbyville and he feels the same way you do. I just want to say good luck to Coach Thaxton in what ever he decides to do.

I can tell, you think highly of Jay and I'm sure he appreciates your support. He has told me that he is staying at Jackson County. He's a good man who deserves the best. I'm friends with a guy that used to play football for Jay at Shelbyville and he feels the same way you do. I just want to say good luck to Coach Thaxton in what ever he decides to do.

Agreed Jay Thaxton is a fine man. Enough said. I'm glad you see/know the man that many of us in Shelbyville grew to love. Good luck to the new coach. :blink:

This i'm confused about...I know that softball baseball and basketball all move classifications together...and I know football is seperate...but when they classify a team A AA AAA and so on...they don't all go by the same rule...

See I was under the impression that they did use the same classification rule, and that JC football was A that wanted to play AA...Please someone explain...

There are 5 classifications in football swanson, only 3 in baseball, basketball, etc.., so with five classes the cut off line is alot lower for A, with 3 classes of course it will move up.

A Football is bottom 1/5th teams, A Basketball ETC.. is bottom 1/3 of the teams.