In the West

tricklician

Chad MacDonald has and he goes thru Mike Rizzo . Which has to have the approval of Rich Dozer. So if you need some more names that who are involved with this I'll talk with his coach and get some more for you.

I doubt every little thing McDonald does with Rizzo's approval has to be approved by the team president as well. Anyway, I think Chad may have missed on this one. Maybe he is just taking a huge leap of unbridled faith. Who knows?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just don't get it. Do you? They're rip-offs. Why would I blast one as being no good, and then say I was invited by a "scout" and go? Here's a thought. Sometimes real scouts come to see talent. I think that is why they are called scouts. Most blue chippers don't travel around to get looked at. They get SCOUTED and found. Think about that and get back to me.

With the ignorance of your comments the only thing I have had to think about is why I bothered to reply. It is almost comdedic what you are saying. Do a little research on the area code games and see how many scouts attend and I guarantee there won't be too many kids who pass up the chance to go them. I guess all of the cross checkers and scouts that attend are out to rip those kids off. Keep yapping I like to laugh.

With the ignorance of your comments the only thing I have had to think about is why I bothered to reply. It is almost comdedic what you are saying. Do a little research on the area code games and see how many scouts attend and I guarantee there won't be too many kids who pass up the chance to go them. I guess all of the cross checkers and scouts that attend are out to rip those kids off. Keep yapping I like to laugh.

Ignorance, that usually doesn't spark such a reaction. Does it? I've done more research on showcases and other things concerning baseball than you can imagine.Comedic is a nice word though. Your laughter at anything I say is riseable.

You just don't get it. Do you? They're rip-offs. Why would I blast one as being no good, and then say I was invited by a "scout" and go? Here's a thought. Sometimes real scouts come to see talent. I think that is why they are called scouts. Most blue chippers don't travel around to get looked at. They get SCOUTED and found. Think about that and get back to me.

Dirtyfrank, I have to agree with you on this subject. All places like Dulin's(just an example) are out for, is to take young people that are getting fooled to pee away their money on some showcase that nobody cares about. On the paper they send you, it states that you were preferred by a college or pro scout to get you interested and to spend $150 to look stupid doing their drills. No college scout is gonna refer a player so other colleges can look at a prospect they have, think about that!!!! These things are definitely overrated and a waste of time and money. Like you said, if you are good enough people will come and find you. Just look at the Morris kid who was drafted in the third round.

Dirtyfrank, I have to agree with you on this subject. All places like Dulin's(just an example) are out for, is to take young people that are getting fooled to pee away their money on some showcase that nobody cares about. On the paper they send you, it states that you were preferred by a college or pro scout to get you interested and to spend $150 to look stupid doing their drills. No college scout is gonna refer a player so other colleges can look at a prospect they have, think about that!!!! These things are definitely overrated and a waste of time and money. Like you said, if you are good enough people will come and find you. Just look at the Morris kid who was drafted in the third round.

The area codes games are not a money making scheme. The charge nothing to try out. Some places do and are just out for the buck. As far as scouts go why wouldnt you want to get all of the most talented players in one spot and see how they perform against each other. It is just common sense. Scouts are spread thin as it is. To be invited is an honor and the amount of exposure you get is extraordinary.

Do you know the kid's name at riverside? I recently heard that they had a kid named Garrett that was being looked at by Ole Miss, Tenn., Memphis and a few others. Correct me if I'm wrong, but reports are that he was consistent at 88-90 this fall.

I have seen the garrett kid pitch last year and during the fall and he was at best consistent 78-80. I doubt he picked up 10 MPH!!! I have had a scouting report from a coach who has faced him this year and topped out at 83 on the gun. So all the river rats down there quit blowing this kid up cause he aint all that.