In the West

tricklician

Those two fungos and a hat hit 88 at various professional camps over the fall. And has gained more control and confidence on the mound this offseason. As a team the Huntingdon Mustangs should be stronger than last years team only losing 3 seniors to graduation (no pitchers). The Mustangs have gained more speed and power over the offseason. Coach Eubanks has been pushing these guys harder than ever and this years seniors are showing great leadership. As for the district Mckenzie ,oops, i mean Drew Hayes shows the only threat. Look for a fantastic season from the Mustangs and a visit to Murfreesboro!

Huntingdon has alot of pitchers back from last years team.

Mason

Powell

Crocker

Clifft

Baker

Burke

Blount

plus sveral underclassman that will see action.

I'd venture to say you may be waiting a while for that trip to Merfreesboro. The Clifft that I saw was nowhere near 88 last year. I find it hard to believe that he was at 88 this fall.Good luck anyway though!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two fungos and a hat hit 88 at various professional camps over the fall. And has gained more control and confidence on the mound this offseason. As a team the Huntingdon Mustangs should be stronger than last years team only losing 3 seniors to graduation (no pitchers). The Mustangs have gained more speed and power over the offseason. Coach Eubanks has been pushing these guys harder than ever and this years seniors are showing great leadership. As for the district Mckenzie ,oops, i mean Drew Hayes shows the only threat. Look for a fantastic season from the Mustangs and a visit to Murfreesboro!

Huntingdon has alot of pitchers back from last years team.

Mason

Powell

Crocker

Clifft

Baker

Burke

Blount

plus sveral underclassman that will see action.

Hey tricky, is JP going to be a #1 or #2 starter this year on the mound?

USJ will struggle this year and the only thing that will look good for them is using their new baseball building at their 7 home games.

Liles is the last of the Jimmy Carey kids.

Dyer will have to do it with the pine riders.

What makes Carrey a better coach than Dyer? They have the same qualifications. They both played at UT Martin. Dyer has been coaching ballplayers from all over west TN for years.

We will probably see at least one Jonathan White vs Spencer Nelson or Clayton Gant dual this year and they should be classics. Anyone saying Jon White is not one of the top pitchers in any Classification in West TN either has not seen him pitch much or does not know enough to know what they were looking at when they were watching him. Jonathan is a very good pitcher and he has a lot more than just a 90+ mph fastball.

Hey tricky, is JP going to be a #1 or #2 starter this year on the mound?

I would like to answer this if I can. After seeing some of these guy last year and who they pitched against I would say today that Clifft/Crocker are the #1 and #2 guys in either order. Then J.P. or Baker.

I heard today and checked it out that Clifft is playing for an Elite Ball Club out of Illinois. The Southern Illinois Bullets. If he is throwing anywere close to 88mph. then now I know why he's on a team like that. Looks like they play alot of Perfect game tournments and that means that alot of colleges and pro scouts are seeing him.

www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=sibullets

I agree with "jacktheripper" White is a good pitcher. I don't think he's as good as you have been saying. If you're not J. White yourself, you sure waste a lot of time talking him up!

Nope i am not john white.. i simply do not like people puttin him down..but yes i happen to play with him and i know of what he's capable of accomplishing

Nope i am not john white.. i simply do not like people puttin him down..but yes i happen to play with him and i know of what he's capable of accomplishing

Cool, good luck man! There was an insert in the Jackson Sun this morning about the White's and Milan's other 2 seniors. How do the other two seniors look on the mound? I think one is named Jackson I can't remember the other one's name.

Cool, good luck man! There was an insert in the Jackson Sun this morning about the White's and Milan's other 2 seniors. How do the other two seniors look on the mound? I think one is named Jackson I can't remember the other one's name.

kyle jackson and clay mallard are the other two seniors.. kj is our #3 man and clay is a spot guy..we have a lot of depth when it comes to pitchin because just about everybody on our team and get on the rubber and throw strikes

Anybody who does not think he is the best pitcher in West Tn and one of the tops in the state is crazy! He throws 94 mph. I am just glad we are not in the same district as Milan, but don't cut down someone you might be watching on TV someday.

Anybody who does not think he is the best pitcher in West Tn and one of the tops in the state is crazy! He throws 94 mph. I am just glad we are not in the same district as Milan, but don't cut down someone you might be watching on TV someday.

Not cuttin' anyone down. I'm just trying to put things in perspective. He's good. I'll leave it at that, but don't call me crazy for stating an opinion on a board that is based 100% on opinions. If you look at ALL the posts on here I've actually complimented J. White, but there are several other good pitchers in West Tn as well. Why do you feel the need to make condescending, uninformed statements b/c of a difference of opinion?

Edited by broad_axe