In the West

tricklician

The hits just keep on comin'. I've seen him THROW several times. Not too impressed. He's good if you cant hit a ball off a tee. One pitch pitcher! Hard, straight, and down the middle= going, going, gone!

I'm not a Milan guy but I've seen John pitch often and you show your lack of baseball knowledge if you say you are not impressed. But if you want proof it's in the results, he threw a shurout in state championship game as a sophomore. That's all the proof you should need.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok..first of all i would like to see you step in the box vs him..and im sure you ll get 3 pitches then turn around and prance back to the pine ..i dont think you can even foul off a pitch comin 90+..then throw in a change up curve ball and his cutter..goin goin back to the pineeeeeeee :thumb:

White is great alright. He's not unhittable though. We played them twice last year, I was 3-for-4 with 2 doubles. The second time I was 1-for-1 with a single and 3 walks. He's a real good pitcher, but it's nod hard to foul one off dude.

USJ will struggle this year and the only thing that will look good for them is using their new baseball building at their 7 home games.

Liles is the last of the Jimmy Carey kids.

Dyer will have to do it with the pine riders.

Yes, it will be a little different in double A, but that doesn't mean USJ will struggle. Sounds like they've got good pitching in any classification to me. They seem to be a pretty respectable team.

Edited by jacktheripper

Those two fungos and a hat hit 88 at various professional camps over the fall. And has gained more control and confidence on the mound this offseason. As a team the Huntingdon Mustangs should be stronger than last years team only losing 3 seniors to graduation (no pitchers). The Mustangs have gained more speed and power over the offseason. Coach Eubanks has been pushing these guys harder than ever and this years seniors are showing great leadership. As for the district Mckenzie ,oops, i mean Drew Hayes shows the only threat. Look for a fantastic season from the Mustangs and a visit to Murfreesboro!

What is the kid's name that throws 88? Is he an upperclassmen?

Guest hustle101

wes_c_addle,

Which team do you play for or which team do you set on the pine for since you have seen so many teams play?

Nelson and Gant are good pitchers so are the White's from Milan. I still say that USJ must use other pitchers this year for they won't be able to save either one to get easy wins like they have in the past. No Middletons or Scotts Hills on the schedule.... Dyer Co. and Lexington will make noise in AA. I hear that Lexington has some new players that have moved in from the coast.

McKenzie can't rely only on Hayes. Huntingdon should be silent until they pick up a few wins and turn some heads. JCS should be strong with the short right field fence. Dresden and Halls will also looks good.

wait a minute guys, no one dislikes usj as much as i do but you have to give then credit for winning a state championship. you have to remember that dyer coached unde carrey so he did add to what he already knew. as for the middleton and scotts hill remark, it was uncalled for. im sure middleton and scotts hill didnt want to play usj either but they had to. teams have to rebuild by playing a younger group of guys to get it going in the right direction, but dont be surprised if on down the road they dont bite you in the toe

Edited by hustle101

I don't know which pitcher you saw last year from Huntingdon but they will have the same pitching staff that they had last year that won 22 games and made it to the sub-state. So I would say that if they are any stronger this year maybe they will be able to at least crack the window on a pass by.

The kid I saw was very tall and thin. This was at Huntingdon, and the buzz was that he threw gas. No command, average FB, and not much to compliment it with. I'm not sure of his name though. I don't see how returning the same staff will be an advantage this year. As far as the window goes, if it is an old car who knows?

Those two fungos and a hat hit 88 at various professional camps over the fall. And has gained more control and confidence on the mound this offseason. As a team the Huntingdon Mustangs should be stronger than last years team only losing 3 seniors to graduation (no pitchers). The Mustangs have gained more speed and power over the offseason. Coach Eubanks has been pushing these guys harder than ever and this years seniors are showing great leadership. As for the district Mckenzie ,oops, i mean Drew Hayes shows the only threat. Look for a fantastic season from the Mustangs and a visit to Murfreesboro!

At least we agree on the physical side of things. Are you talking about 88 miles per hour? Not the guy I saw, but we could be talking about different people. Or maybe I saw his sister.

The kids name is Spencer Clifft.

Huntingdon has alot of pitchers back from last years team.

Mason

Powell

Crocker

Clifft

Baker

Burke

Blount

plus sveral underclassman that will see action.

the best team in west tenn outside of memphis is going to be covington. they have a dominate pitcher, a div 1 shortstop, and a senior heavy roster with valuable experience. while mathis and delashmit are wonderful talents, covington also has several good arms, team speed, and power. also look for joe freeman to have an impact after not playing last year.

the best team in west tenn outside of memphis is going to be covington. they have a dominate pitcher, a div 1 shortstop, and a senior heavy roster with valuable experience. while mathis and delashmit are wonderful talents, covington also has several good arms, team speed, and power. also look for joe freeman to have an impact after not playing last year.

When did Joe Freeman decide to rejoin the team?