Sullivan Central playing strong in the end of the season

big ballin

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do agree central does tend to lose leads but sayin that hess and phil are wrong in shooting the ball is just plain stupid....i saw phil go 9 of 10 from 3 point at tennessee high tonigh......and i promise u he was not wide open all the time. and what hess does with the ball is amazing he makes shots that no one should have any buisness making i believe he had 24 at ths tonight...i don't care if he misses a couple if he puts up numbers like that.....yes he misses some but so does everyone else......i agree gabe is the real deal......a true all around player.......nate does have control issues but on the whole is a good player.....no one can replace mccoy's hustle.......the team is really comin together at the right time.......as for vaughn i couldn't agree more......he has had great teams that under even a good coach would have achieved far greater things than vaughn propelled them to...the one flaw i find in the cougars is a lack of size....the outside shooting helps hide this some but without a true big man its goin to be hard to make far in the post season

Sullivan Central who was picked to finish in 5th place in the Big 9 this year has been turning a lot of heads by having a nice seat in 3rd place and pushing for 2nd. They have had many close calls this season and their 3rd quarters have been what have killed them, but they are quickly turning that around. Central has been lead by senior Gabe Buchanan, in my opinion he is by far the #1 contender for the player of the year. He is the all around player, offensively and defensively he is one of the best on the court. Central's weak point this year has been bad pass selection and coaching. Justin Hess and Philip Weatherford lead the way in bad pass decisions, they could have 3 people wide open underneath the goal who can score, but they would rather shoot shots that don't go in. Hess has to spin into 3 or 4 defenders before he can take a shot and instead of kicking the ball out he shoots an air ball. Weatherford can only hit shots if he is wide open. Tony Vaughn doesn't bring much to the table as a coach, he likes to sub during key points in the game and the subs are horrible. He will put in players who have no place on a varsity basketball team. Vaughn also has a 17 man roster, that is completely ridiculous. I have seen him coach for years and he has never impressed me. He plays politics. Dinkle and McCoy are both team ball players, Dinkle needs to learn to control himself, he has a problem with slowing the game down when it needs to be slowed down. But overall he is a pretty good player. McCoy always hustles, he can score and board. Central needs to learn that their key to winning will be going inside to Buchanan, because he can score on anyone.

Actually, your post isn't even worth reading. I'm not sure what games you've been watching this year because it sure wouldn't be Central. I agree with you about Gabe but Gabe doesn't win ballgames by his self. Central is the best passing team in the BIG 9 and Hess is one of the best I've seen!! I've watched him make unreal passes to Gabe all year. Exactly how many of your so called air balls have you seen Hess shoot this year? Yea, that's what I thought!! I guess Weatherford's 9 3's was nothing though. This team has good chemistry we don't need idiot's like you talking trash trying to bring them down. Sounds like you are not a true Central fan or maybe your a little jealous. Central's not 10-4 in the conference for making back passes and not playing team ball. All of our starting 5 players have had big games for us this year.

i do agree central does tend to lose leads but sayin that hess and phil are wrong in shooting the ball is just plain stupid....i saw phil go 9 of 10 from 3 point at tennessee high tonigh......and i promise u he was not wide open all the time. and what hess does with the ball is amazing he makes shots that no one should have any buisness making i believe he had 24 at ths tonight...i don't care if he misses a couple if he puts up numbers like that.....yes he misses some but so does everyone else......i agree gabe is the real deal......a true all around player.......nate does have control issues but on the whole is a good player.....no one can replace mccoy's hustle.......the team is really comin together at the right time.......as for vaughn i couldn't agree more......he has had great teams that under even a good coach would have achieved far greater things than vaughn propelled them to...the one flaw i find in the cougars is a lack of size....the outside shooting helps hide this some but without a true big man its goin to be hard to make far in the post season

ok i will agree that hess and phil do have their nights, but i also remember that the last time central played TN High that phil didn't even score one point. Yes when Hess and Phil are on they can shoot, but they don't like to pass the ball and i have seen that all season. but another big problem that central has are the refs, they are some of the worst i have ever seen. i won't say any names but the players on the team need to realize that there are 5 players on the court and not just one. and yes hess and weatherford did have a good night tonight, but they need to be more consistant in it. As for Vaughn, i don't think there is any hope for him. Buchanan did a good job tonight at controlling his temper, the other teams try to use that against him but have been unsuccessful. i agree with somethings you said cougar, but you also have to sit back and look at the whole season. But coaching is one of our biggest problems.

ok i will agree that hess and phil do have their nights, but i also remember that the last time central played TN High that phil didn't even score one point. Yes when Hess and Phil are on they can shoot, but they don't like to pass the ball and i have seen that all season. but another big problem that central has are the refs, they are some of the worst i have ever seen. i won't say any names but the players on the team need to realize that there are 5 players on the court and not just one. and yes hess and weatherford did have a good night tonight, but they need to be more consistant in it. As for Vaughn, i don't think there is any hope for him. Buchanan did a good job tonight at controlling his temper, the other teams try to use that against him but have been unsuccessful. i agree with somethings you said cougar, but you also have to sit back and look at the whole season. But coaching is one of our biggest problems.

i have to apologoze to everyone, i am a true central fan. i did not make alot of the comments about Hess and phil, i did make some of them but not all of them. The derogotive comments were made by someone i know who got on here and edited my comment without me knowing. i am very sorry for this. but i am a true central fan and i do think they are a very good team. once again i extend my apologies to anyone this may have affected. i have changed my password so this won't happen again.

Big Ballin you sound like Buchanan is the only reason Central is where they are this time of the season. You must be related. Dont seem fair to down the rest of the team especially the other 4 starters. Gabe definitely is the most athletic and pretty much can do it all. Weatherford has had some big games and it looks like he's back in the groove. Hess plays hard and finds ways to score either from the post or beyond the arc. Dinkel sees the floor well and gets the ball to the shooters - he leads the conference in assists. McCoy hustles and comes up with some big defensive plays. Theres been some help from the bench in several games. I've watched Central play several games this year it looks to me like each player has a role to play. Good Luck the rest of the way Cougars.

Big Ballin you sound like Buchanan is the only reason Central is where they are this time of the season. You must be related. Dont seem fair to down the rest of the team especially the other 4 starters. Gabe definitely is the most athletic and pretty much can do it all. Weatherford has had some big games and it looks like he's back in the groove. Hess plays hard and finds ways to score either from the post or beyond the arc. Dinkel sees the floor well and gets the ball to the shooters - he leads the conference in assists. McCoy hustles and comes up with some big defensive plays. Theres been some help from the bench in several games. I've watched Central play several games this year it looks to me like each player has a role to play. Good Luck the rest of the way Cougars.

hsbball i do agree with many of your comments. the original post was changed alot by someone i know getting on my name on here without permission and editing it so it would make me out to be someone bad and prejudice which i am not. i am very sorry for the comments he made. i made an apology comment in the message board, i have changed my password so it wont happen again. i am very sorry and please dont think that the way that comment is written is how i fele because it isn't. i am very sorry

Without a doubt the best post from a Central fan all year!!!!! I agree on every point except, I don’t know who Nate or McCoy are… and I’m not going to get into your coaching problems or lack of…sorry. Central is the real deal and THE CROW TASTES FINE thank you! I have watched all of the teams in the Big 9 play this year. When Central is on their game they ARE the best team in the conference. Most teams have one…maybe two players that you have to prepare for but Central has three that will straight take it to the juggler vein… and one more (#10 the sleeper) that is more than capable of picking up the slack if anyone should have an off night. And it's not just the shooting...it's the heart that these guys play with...especialy aginst THS! To beat them you have to beat them physically and mentally. I still think that Weatherford will be the higher recruited Cougar this year although I still maintain the fact that he has to have his feet set and shoulders set to be as efficient. But if he does…like Tony Montana said in Scarface “SAY HELLO TO MY TITTLE FRIEND”!

One word to the wise to coach Vaughn…stay within YOUR game. There are some teams you just can’t run with…(SH) hint hint!!! Make them play your game.

brock20 this one was much easier to swallow. Both teams played up to their potential but when you’re out gunned…what can you do?!! THAT’S ALL THE CREDIT YOU’RE GOING TO GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Without a doubt the best post from a Central fan all year!!!!! I agree on every point except, I don’t know who Nate or McCoy are… and I’m not going to get into your coaching problems or lack of…sorry. Central is the real deal and THE CROW TASTES FINE thank you! I have watched all of the teams in the Big 9 play this year. When Central is on their game they ARE the best team in the conference. Most teams have one…maybe two players that you have to prepare for but Central has three that will straight take it to the juggler vein… and one more (#10 the sleeper) that is more than capable of picking up the slack if anyone should have an off night. And it's not just the shooting...it's the heart that these guys play with...especialy aginst THS! To beat them you have to beat them physically and mentally. I still think that Weatherford will be the higher recruited Cougar this year although I still maintain the fact that he has to have his feet set and shoulders set to be as efficient. But if he does…like Tony Montana said in Scarface “SAY HELLO TO MY TITTLE FRIEND”!

One word to the wise to coach Vaughn…stay within YOUR game. There are some teams you just can’t run with…(SH) hint hint!!! Make them play your game.

Cap1 - by the way, (#10 the sleeper) is Nate Dinkel. Glad to hear you're not blaming any refs tonight!

brock20 this one was much easier to swallow. Both teams played up to their potential but when you’re out gunned…what can you do?!! THAT’S ALL THE CREDIT YOU’RE GOING TO GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

cap1 i agree, when central plays up to their potential they are the team to beat, you can watch the other teams' stratagies and see that. Central is definately led by their starting 5. Their bench is pretty good, but it has a lot of young players on it that aren't quite to the varsity level yet, but they are getting there. Vaughn has a tendency to try to change a game plan that is working perfectly right in the middle of the game. like at the arby's central was working the ball inside drawing fouls on Chism and in the 2nd half we changed that and lost the game. but central does have a very strong team when they play up to their full potentials. and with SH we need to make them play our game and we also need to use our heads. i think the Cougars will be strong come tournament time.

QUOTE(big ballin @ Feb 3 2006 - 11:32 PM)

Sullivan Central who was picked to finish in 5th place in the Big 9 this year has been turning a lot of heads by having a nice seat in 3rd place and pushing for 2nd. They have had many close calls this season and their 3rd quarters have been what have killed them, but they are quickly turning that around. Central has been lead by senior Gabe Buchanan, in my opinion he is by far the #1 contender for the player of the year. He is the all around player, offensively and defensively he is one of the best on the court. Central's weak point this year has been bad pass selection and coaching. Justin Hess and Philip Weatherford lead the way in bad pass decisions, they could have 3 people wide open underneath the goal who can score, but they would rather shoot shots that don't go in. Hess has to spin into 3 or 4 defenders before he can take a shot and instead of kicking the ball out he shoots an air ball. Weatherford can only hit shots if he is wide open. Tony Vaughn doesn't bring much to the table as a coach, he likes to sub during key points in the game and the subs are horrible. He will put in players who have no place on a varsity basketball team. Vaughn also has a 17 man roster, that is completely ridiculous. I have seen him coach for years and he has never impressed me. He plays politics. Dinkle and McCoy are both team ball players, Dinkle needs to learn to control himself, he has a problem with slowing the game down when it needs to be slowed down. But overall he is a pretty good player. McCoy always hustles, he can score and board. Central needs to learn that their key to winning will be going inside to Buchanan, because he can score on anyone.

I have to say…It’s surprising…but good to know that the Vikings aren’t the only team that has to deal with the “jealous hater” poster in their ranks!! :P