how is the imac conference looking this year?

fplayer83

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East? Doubt it..what do they have left? Basile transferred to Maryville and Dalton graduated. Shaw can't carry them all by himself.

Jeff Co. should be a consideration. They have the top pitcher in the conference in Drew Story plus Dallas Crouch in the leadoff spot. Ya, they lost many seniors last year but had quality Juniors that can step up this year.

West will also be tough. They only lost 3 seniors from last year, and all of their younger kids got alot of playing time. Plus they have been practicing and working out all fall and winter.

East? Doubt it..what do they have left? Basile transferred to Maryville and Dalton graduated. Shaw can't carry them all by himself.

Jeff Co. should be a consideration. They have the top pitcher in the conference in Drew Story plus Dallas Crouch in the leadoff spot. Ya, they lost many seniors last year but had quality Juniors that can step up this year.

West will also be tough. They only lost 3 seniors from last year, and all of their younger kids got alot of playing time. Plus they have been practicing and working out all fall and winter.

umm i would agree with u on the jeff county part but the east and west i would have to disagree. west is more than likely the lazist team in the conference and if u would let me know who they have that can pitch. bridgewater? i dont think so, as for east yeah we lost kent but one player doesnt mean anythign yeah he was a good player but one player doesnt carey a team.as for leadership i believe the jr class has taken care of that. theres prob going to be only 3 seniors to start this year and thats shaw, elkins and marshall and marshall only pitches and pretty good if u ask me.as for the jrs. morgan,mosier,ramsey are back and there are some sophmores back including tyler collins who came in and pitched pretty dang good for a freshmen so i believe u need to think about what u say about east this year.

what about greenville murner is gone and he would have been yalls ace and the only of pitcher u have is lil cutshaw and another kid not sure of hes name. so what about greenville

umm i would agree with u on the jeff county part but the east and west i would have to disagree. west is more than likely the lazist team in the conference and if u would let me know who they have that can pitch. bridgewater? i dont think so, as for east yeah we lost kent but one player doesnt mean anythign yeah he was a good player but one player doesnt carey a team.as for leadership i believe the jr class has taken care of that. theres prob going to be only 3 seniors to start this year and thats shaw, elkins and marshall and marshall only pitches and pretty good if u ask me.as for the jrs. morgan,mosier,ramsey are back and there are some sophmores back including tyler collins who came in and pitched pretty dang good for a freshmen so i believe u need to think about what u say about east this year.

what about greenville murner is gone and he would have been yalls ace and the only of pitcher u have is lil cutshaw and another kid not sure of hes name. so what about greenville

Greeneville has 4 pitchers with varsity experience, one of which held East to a three hitter last year. Murner is gone, but we have had a few transfers that can take his place.

East? No, I still don't think so.

As for Bridgewater, he can pitch as well as anybody in the conference. West has quite a few young guys that will have to step up as pitchers this year. They may not be the best in the conference, but if you have guys that can play defense behind them, they will win games.

You may laugh, but I think Cocke County will surprise people this year. They only lost two quality players from last year (Depew to graduation & Knight transfered).

Edited by GREENEDEVILMOM

The conference will be a knock-down, drag-out between Jeff. Co., West, and Greenville. I don't think East will be a factor. They are way too cocky (some aren't as good as they think) and need to show a little something before they are considered a contender. Greenville did lose a lot (was Murner a senior?), but they always seem to be a pain in everyone's side, regardless of their talent level. Always scrappy and play hard. West should be good with a good group of young kids that need to step up and play like veterans. Jefferson Co. will ride Drew Story as far as they can, but don't be surprised to find a few other players throughout the year that can play (sophs.) Cocke and Cherokee shouldn't be problems.

However, I have to pull for my Patriots and hope they'll pull it out. Should be fun to see how it plays out. One thing, they always play best when it matters, tournament time. Good luck to all.

The conference will be a knock-down, drag-out between Jeff. Co., West, and Greenville. I don't think East will be a factor. They are way too cocky (some aren't as good as they think) and need to show a little something before they are considered a contender. Greenville did lose a lot (was Murner a senior?), but they always seem to be a pain in everyone's side, regardless of their talent level. Always scrappy and play hard. West should be good with a good group of young kids that need to step up and play like veterans. Jefferson Co. will ride Drew Story as far as they can, but don't be surprised to find a few other players throughout the year that can play (sophs.) Cocke and Cherokee shouldn't be problems.

However, I have to pull for my Patriots and hope they'll pull it out. Should be fun to see how it plays out. One thing, they always play best when it matters, tournament time. Good luck to all.

Merner was not a senior. He had to go back to florida with his family. We got a transfer in from cocke county. from what i heard he is pretty good.

Order of finish:

Jeff County

M' West

M' East

Greeneville

Cocke County

Cherokee

Logic: JCHS has two all conference players returning (Story, Crouch) and has a couple of other seniors that are quality players who had the misfortune of playing behind a couple of other quality players last year and did not have the exposure that Story and Crouch had. If they can find the pitching they need (I hear Crouch may take the mound some this year), they'll be tough because they will score some runs. West has a lot of young players from last year that can only get better and a quality coach who gets everything he can from every opportunity. If they get some quality starts, they could challenege JCHS for the title. East and Greeneville are the wild card teams, capable of beating any other team on any given day. Marshall should give East a win or two that they could only get with him having a good game throwing. The Greenies will win a home game or two that they would probably lose on a neutral field. So you never know. Cocke is improving but losing the POTY is tough. Cherokee has a new coach, do they not?

I think

1) West

2a) Jefferson

2b) Greeneville

4a) Cocke

4b) East

6)Cherokee

West returns a lot of players, and Stansbury always have a good team for the Trojans. Facilities are a plus as well, so you know those guys have been working for awhile for the season ahead.

Jefferson County and Greeneville may be neck-and-neck for the 2nd and 3rd slots. Jefferson lost a lot of the thunder from their lineup (Bowlin, Long, Ausmus, and Vineyard) but have Story back on the mound. The key for Jefferson County will be if they can re-load in the line-up. They had a good JV last season, but that doesnt always translate when those guys have to produce at the varsity level.

Greeneville lost Venerable and Murner - but still return deep with pitching. Their key will be the line-up as well. Richards always has a good team, and they very well can be in one of the top three slots.

But both of these two teams have a lot questionmarks.

Cocke County brings in a new and very young coach (First year of teaching, 23 year old) in Lance Darnell from Western Tennessee (UTM alum). But they also bring back a lot of returners. They lost POTY Jack Depew, Jake Wylie and Logan Lloyd to graduation and TJ Knight transferred to Greeneville. But they return All-Conference CF/SS Lucas Graham and Honorable Mention 3B Nick Glenn, 1B/OF Blaine Hartsell. Other returners include OF/C Austin Graham, C/1B/3B Derek Evans. CC will have to be more effective on the mound this year, to be a good team, however. Lineup will be solid, but questionable as well...Glenn is a speedy leadoff type hitter, and will run on the basepaths, Lucas Graham was a solid #2/3 hitter and was protected by Depew, but can he produce as the team leader? Hartsell's hand injury is another questionmark, as is consistent production from Evans.

East would've been in those top conference slots had they not lost Basile to Maryville. Basile had a District tournament performance that would've set up a fine final two years for him at East. But they will miss him a lot.

They still have Ramsey and Cory Shaw. I'm not sure if they lost Derek Marshall on the mound or not. If they did lose Marshall to graduation, that will be a big, big blow for them; and the Hurricanes may struggle this year. Not sure if they lose Mosier or Davis either. Not sure who is leading the Hurricanes this year.

For anyone that knows, is it Doug Rines? He was supposed to last year before serving in Iraq, forcing Carliss Altzier into the job.

Cherokee. They will have a host of juniors, but they will lack arms, and they'll bring up the rear in the conference.

I think

1) West

2a) Jefferson

2b) Greeneville

4a) Cocke

4b) East

6)Cherokee

West returns a lot of players, and Stansbury always have a good team for the Trojans. Facilities are a plus as well, so you know those guys have been working for awhile for the season ahead.

Jefferson County and Greeneville may be neck-and-neck for the 2nd and 3rd slots. Jefferson lost a lot of the thunder from their lineup (Bowlin, Long, Ausmus, and Vineyard) but have Story back on the mound. The key for Jefferson County will be if they can re-load in the line-up. They had a good JV last season, but that doesnt always translate when those guys have to produce at the varsity level.

Greeneville lost Venerable and Murner - but still return deep with pitching. Their key will be the line-up as well. Richards always has a good team, and they very well can be in one of the top three slots.

But both of these two teams have a lot questionmarks.

Cocke County brings in a new and very young coach (First year of teaching, 23 year old) in Lance Darnell from Western Tennessee (UTM alum). But they also bring back a lot of returners. They lost POTY Jack Depew, Jake Wylie and Logan Lloyd to graduation and TJ Knight transferred to Greeneville. But they return All-Conference CF/SS Lucas Graham and Honorable Mention 3B Nick Glenn, 1B/OF Blaine Hartsell. Other returners include OF/C Austin Graham, C/1B/3B Derek Evans. CC will have to be more effective on the mound this year, to be a good team, however. Lineup will be solid, but questionable as well...Glenn is a speedy leadoff type hitter, and will run on the basepaths, Lucas Graham was a solid #2/3 hitter and was protected by Depew, but can he produce as the team leader? Hartsell's hand injury is another questionmark, as is consistent production from Evans.

East would've been in those top conference slots had they not lost Basile to Maryville. Basile had a District tournament performance that would've set up a fine final two years for him at East. But they will miss him a lot.

They still have Ramsey and Cory Shaw. I'm not sure if they lost Derek Marshall on the mound or not. If they did lose Marshall to graduation, that will be a big, big blow for them; and the Hurricanes may struggle this year. Not sure if they lose Mosier or Davis either. Not sure who is leading the Hurricanes this year.

For anyone that knows, is it Doug Rines? He was supposed to last year before serving in Iraq, forcing Carliss Altzier into the job.

Cherokee. They will have a host of juniors, but they will lack arms, and they'll bring up the rear in the conference.

who will west have besides bridgewater and logan wild that can pitch????

Not sure, but if they have two guys - they only really need one more to step up for conference play (3 games a week). Chuck always develops decent arms over there at West.

Just a few that pitched on varsity last year.... other than Bridgewater & Wild

Kevin McDonald

James Connaster

Logan Brady good breaking ball, pitched alot of innings last year

Tyler Raines

Drew Kilday

Brett Conley

Brian Hill

Not sure about what they have coming up from JV.

West will probably have more pitching than most of the teams in the conference.

quote from Coach Stansberry on TBCA website: Team Strength's: Experienced pitching staff (return every pitcher from last season plus

add Aaron Griffin who sat in 2005), great team speed (especially in OF), 9 Seniors who are good leaders.

That looks like quite a bit of pitching for them to have no one besides Bridgewater and Wild......

Edited by GREENEDEVILMOM