how is the imac conference looking this year?

fplayer83

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rutledge beat Greenville 13-5, they are now 2-1 on the season, and 2-0 against the IMAC.

Get your score right..it was 10-5, but G'ville gave them the game with too many errors. Rutledge only had 3 earned runs. The error by G'ville's 1B that should have been the 3rd out opened the door for 5 unearned runs.

Edited by GREENEDEVILMOM

How'd Jeff do against Heritage? Greeneville doesn't look like they have a whole lot this year??

Did you go to the game and take this ASSumption on yourself, or just from hearsay? Greeneville has a young team this year, losing 7 of 9 starters from last year's team. They have 2 frosh and a soph in the starting lineup. The others don't have much varsity playing experience. Keep thinking that though, cause we may be the sleeper of the conference and surprise everyone at the end of the year.

Edited by GREENEDEVILMOM

Calm down Greenedevilmom, that is the score that was in the Knoxville paper. 13-5 or 10-5 it was still a win. Errors are part of the game and the paper also said that Rutledge had 4 errrors and that Greenville had only 1. That may be inaccurate also though since the score was.

1-Jeff co. Experienced,Deep in Pitching,Should have good bats

2-Mo.West Solid,Great underclassmen,expects to win,will challenge

3-Mo.East Strong #1 pitcher ,needs depth,youth must step up

4-Cherokee Getting better,shouldn't overlook,Will upset some one

5-Grenville Lost many starters,Not strong last yr.Mabe next yr.

6-Cocke co. Youngest team,fewest players,spells long season

Looks like as of right now Rutledge is looking pretty good against the IMAC teams...gives a semi-glimpse of how the conference could be in a few years once the new Grainger County High is opened. Washburn's enrollment combined with Rutledge will more than likely make GCHS AAA in all sports but football and 4A in football...it'll be close.

Yes Rutledge is 2-0 against the bottom of the imac conference. But how would they do against west and jeff? West beat them pretty bad in a scrimmage and i think jeff could do the say. And yes greenedevilmom i was at the game, and i also talked to the coach. Yes you are young and inexperienced but also you will not be very good with lack of pitching and lack of offense

Looks like as of right now Rutledge is looking pretty good against the IMAC teams...gives a semi-glimpse of how the conference could be in a few years once the new Grainger County High is opened. Washburn's enrollment combined with Rutledge will more than likely make GCHS AAA in all sports but football and 4A in football...it'll be close.

Why delete my reply, kev? Anyway, Jeff. really hit on all cylinders against Gibbs last night. Belcher held his mistakes to a minimal on the mound and a balanced offensive attack led the Pats to an 11-3 win. The Pats look determined to win this year, having a bit of a swagger about them. Can someone tell me how the rest of the IMAC looks early on?

Jeff spanked a pretty good Gibbs team and their number one pitcher last night 11-3. Story and Evans are still in a funk with their bats--when they wake up, this offense may be as good as last years or better because of more production lower in the order. Belcher and Sherrod have been blistering hot in the first couple of games. Miller and Long have had timely hits. Crouch has got to be the best defensive centerfielder in east TN. He made another unbelievable catch last night and he's always dangerous at the plate. Story looked great pitching against Heritage (1 hitter). I'm more optimistic about this team right now than ever. If they start hitting on all cylinders, the defense gets more consistent, and they develop a bit of a swagger from confidence, I expect big things. Two games, two wins (and not against cellar dwellars), and 20 runs. I hope this is just the beginning.